Hi All

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by eric, Dec 30, 2018.

1. eric

eric New Member

Hi, i started vaping about 3 months ago in an effort to give up smoking. The first couple of weeks was a bit off and on but have not had a cigarette for around 50 days now. An all time record. Vaping is a huge learning curve. I started with a Vaporesso Tarot Nano, i have given that away, good little unit but someone else needed it more than me, i now have a Vaporesso Polar and a Hexohm V3. I got the Hexohm for reliability, hopefully. At this stage i dont have much faith in the Chinese made units with all the whizbangery. I have a Geekvape Ammit and a couple of others in the mail, clones but i dont know enough yet to lash out big dollars on OEM units. Will play with the clones then probably get the real mcoy of the one i prefer. Lots of playing and learning to be done. I am not a big user of forums so mistakes will be made in the use of this i would think. Thanks for having me.

Rayjay likes this.
  2. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Welcome to the Cafe Eric, good going.
    Regrettably clone or oem they all made in China even if it says designed in USA, Italy or wherever. Cheap labour.

Love Vaporesso Mesh coils in the Geek Vape Legend tank.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

3. eric

eric New Member

Thanks for that info, yes some comparisons cant find a difference. Clones can even be better. No idea as yet. I like the Vaporesso Ceramic coils but not sure about Ceramic, i find the Mesh and GT2's ect to be too airy, i think i am going to head more for MTL but again still learning. I hadnt thought of using those coils in a different tank.

Rayjay likes this.
  4. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Lol, Airy ok then, stay away from the wide bore drip tips then. I tried the Dead Rabbit as it came, soon switched to a 510 drip tip thank God I has spare drip tips

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

5. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Hi and welcome to the cafe eric. Congratulations on your success in quitting cigarettes!

eric likes this.
  6. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Welcome to VCA Eric, although a bit late.

Clones sometimes are nothing like the original & at other times are better than the original, usually though they are close to each other with a few minor differences like eg. o-ring tollerances.
    As a new vaper, trying different clones can help you decide what type of tank/atty you prefer, so I would recommend trying various types until you find what you are looking for. When you find the type of atty you like, then you can try the original & perhaps pit it against other attiesthat are similar to it.

If you prefer MTL, there are a few newer options around now, where this time last year the options were more limited for MTL vapers.

eric likes this.