1. Call to Action! Vapers, please submit your story to the Federal Inquiry into Ecigs by July 6th, and let's get nicotine legalised: Submit Here

For help with your submission please read This Guide

Dismiss Notice

Hi From Bacchus Marsh

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by suzy, Nov 13, 2016.

1. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Hi and welcome @Jaz.

This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

2. MetalOz

MetalOz Member

Hi Suzy, wecome to the VCA. I'm also in the process of eliminating the coggies. I was struggling until I was able to get some eliquid with nicotine. the peeps are right when they tell you the nic makes it easier to quit. I'm only on day 4 of no ciggies, bit thats 4 days more than ever before.

You're not too far from us, we're out in Ballarat. there's a great store in Daylesford called Victory Vape which isnt too far, It may be easier for ypu to get to.

Once again, welcome, and have fun.

Noe, Judith and Gasman like this.
  3. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Hi Suzy and welcome to the forum and vaping.

I've seen mention of the AIO in previous posts and personally I recommend them. I've been vaping over 3 years now and use the 'pen' type and box mod variants on a regular basis.
    The point I'm trying to make is even though I've been vaping for the amount of time I have I believe these devices are excellent for a new vaper for their simplicity and cost as well as someone like me.

In my opinion they simply work.

Good luck and just go at your own pace as choosing a device etc needs only be as confusing as you want it to be.
    Whatever your questions there's always going to be someone to answer them on here.

Pippi, Jaz and MetalOz like this.
  4. MetalOz

MetalOz Member

I totally agree with the AIO devices. I use a Joyetech AIO with 1.5ohm Clapton Coils. it is perfect for taking out and about, easy and cheap to replace coils, and the battery life is pretty good. My wife is using the Aspire K1 and after using my AIO she's going to upgrade soon.

Pippi, Jaz and Gasman like this.
  5. Gabby

Gabby Member

Me too. My first was an Ego One - still the best for me. I then talked myself buying a couple of other mods which (a) didn't work as well for me a MTL, and (b) were easy to screw up their settings because they were too complicated, and/or (c) they were too big/heavy. The trouble is that too many of the latest kits cater to those who like fiddling with their mods or blowing clouds of steam. Not really beginners' kits at all.

A simple AIO starter kit really has nothing that can go wrong. You need a few spare coils and some juice, keep it charged and you're in business for months. If you use a mouth to lung technique and you're not a cloud-chaser, they're ideal. (Oh, and if you get a choice, get the higher ohm coil when you buy it, because that will suit MTL best.)

Pippi, Jaz and MetalOz like this.
  6. suzy

suzy New Member

Thank you everyone for all the advise - I have a AIO now and going quite well but still smoking, but hope to stop completely in the coming days. I need to buy another vape ecig as when the battery goes flat, I smoke.
    Sorry I haven't been back here till now - my work is very busy at this time of the year.

DogMan, Pippi and Gasman like this.
  7. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Great to hear from you suzy. The Joyetech AIO makes a good starter kit.

Did you manage to get yourself some e-liquid with nicotine? What percentage you should get is dependant on how much you smoke.. if it's a pack a day I'd say go for around 1.2 to 1.8%.

Pippi likes this.
  8. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

There are no rules to vaping (apart from the government derived ones) but I think it's fair to say a backup is a necessity for exactly that reason.

But again go at your own pace.
    Just think every cigarette you avoid is a win.

I was one of the lucky ones and have not had a cigarette since I started vaping but many do. I don't know how long you smoked for but as we all know it's a very hard habit to break.
    I think some Vapers still have the occasional cigarette and of course that's their choice as a grown adult.

What I'm trying to say is whatever path you take don't beat yourself up but enjoy the journey.

Pippi likes this.
  9. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Hi Suzy, yes its a very good idea to have at least one back up Vape - dont worry about still smoking as some folks need to dual use for a while before they stop completely.
    Don't hesitate to ask for help - we have some lovely kind people here at the Cafe and there is loads of collective knowledge.

DogMan likes this.
  10. KayP

KayP Senior Member

It's a pity you're not in the GC. I would've just handed you a few bottles of e-liquid and let you go to town.