1. Call to Action! Vapers, please submit your story to the Federal Inquiry into Ecigs by July 6th, and let's get nicotine legalised: Submit Here

For help with your submission please read This Guide

Dismiss Notice

How do you store your flavours ?

Discussion in 'DIY Flavours, Mixing, Recipes' started by crispernator, Aug 27, 2016.

1. crispernator

crispernator Senior Member

Hi all just wondering from some who d.i.y how they store there bottles of flavours ? do they have a special box that htye have them sorted into different types ,bakery,fruit ect or is it just throw em all into a box and look for the flavour when you need it .
    I am looking at or for a good way to store these little 10ml bottles now i have started so anyone have any ideas ?

sammstein24 likes this.
  2. Jerry Hatrick

Jerry Hatrick Senior Member

I use a bar fridge for all my liquid :sillygrin:
    Just have to remember to take the VG out a day before needing it :rofl:
    Seriously that's all I use.

Maria and crispernator like this.
  3. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

I have a "flavour" box that I sort all my flavours in according to brand.
    When I am reading my recipes I know where to look for TFA or CAP etc etc.

4. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I use a bar fridge for all pg,vg and nic. I then put as many concentrates as I can squeezed in there as well.

Like Rupert I think I put the remainder in a box. Namely this box is a fishing tackle box and it works well for me.

Maria, crispernator and rupert like this.
  5. crispernator

Hi all I thought perhaps about a small box with holes in it and a number system were you had a card that identified the number with the flavor ,perhaps a little over the top and possibly time consuming as you would have to keep updating the card as new flavours were added but the with modern day computers it is one a key stroke and its done ie: # 4 caramel .Just one for Rupert does the manufacturer choice matter ? ie cappela or flavor apprentice ,flavor west ? or is it that they make different flavors

Maria likes this.
  6. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Its just easier for me - Ive near 200 different flavour concentrates now, so when I look at the recipe, I can go OK, I need FA Cookie and TFA Straw'Ripe, then I know where to look for them under their respective brands.
    Its just my system :)

sirfoxey and crispernator like this.
  7. crispernator

O.M.G "picks himself of the floor" that is around 700 dollars in juice flavourings ,still i suppose if this is your hobbie then that is very little .

Maria likes this.
  8. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

Thanks for starting this thread crispernator. I was wondering this myself. I was planning to look for a bar fridge with the freezer compartment inside my man-cave. I don't trust my 2 yo boy with the kitchen fridge. He can't open the fridge now but doesn't mean he can't later on.
    I read on other threads that people were saying that it's "best" to store nic in the freezer. I have not purchased any diluted nic yet because I need to think this through (where and how i can store the nic so there's no way that my son will ever be able to reach it) as well as to keep it fresh for me to use it when I put the apron on.
    Will the fridge or even the freezer compartment on the bar fridge be sufficient to keep the nic as well PG/VG/concentrated flavours fresh? If I keep everything in a sealed black box for my nic/pg/vg/mix will that be fine too?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  9. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

I keep my nic i out side fridge freezer in a locked part, so little hands cant reach my flavors i keep locked up in my big unit in a storage box[​IMG]
    Got to full it up :thumbup:
    I really only buy what im going to use so not muck chance of it going off in the cubbord being that its all pg based
    And pg and vg thats not in use in in the fridge other wise in the cubbord as well

Maria, crispernator and iamTezr like this.
  10. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

For got to say if you have little ones and thinking of storing nick in freezer i good idear is to grab a little tool box from bunnings or tool shop and padlock to lock it, to keep it totaly safe, most tool boxes have pad lock holes in them these days and cheep as well.
    I think i got my big one for all my coil building wire tools ect for like $7 on sale

11. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

Very neat setup you've got there Wanda.
    I would prefer not to overcrowd the man-cave with the bar-fridge if i don't have to. So I might go with the "very-organised-box-setup" for now. My man-cave does get warm with all the electronics in there so should I be concern if I keep nic and juice in there?
    Either I store it in the man-cave or it has to be in garage.

12. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

That was from masters for $3 in the tool box part there for storeing bolts in, i get containers like this for just about everything from cross stich stuff to kids litte toys, they make grate cord organizers as well every thing comes with a cord these days, it dose my head in having unorganized stuff
    Not to sure on the nic it just depends on how quick you go through it i supose, if its not going to be sitting opend for long it should be fine, but if your like me and buy 100mg stuff thats going to take 6 months to get through might not be a good idear to keep it in a cubbord heat, light and oxygen is not nic's friend
    Juice and flavors should be fine stored in a dark cubbord out of reach of little hands, one with a lock is best in my opinion if you have kids,
    Ive vaped juice thats been sitting opend from the back of my cubbord thats over a month and it was fine,
    Juice gets warm in there as well as its my entertainment unit that has lock and key and i can keep a eye on it as well

13. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

I just don't like the idea of storing nic in our freezer with our food. Also the wife won't be happy with me taking over the freezer space because she's using it to store breast milk for our newborn. So the kitchen fridge/freezer is a no-go zone. Looks like it's either a bar fridge or a box in the man-cave or the garage.

emu likes this.
  14. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Heres in my cubbord its a but messy at the moment but got black tool box for coil making stuff, blue box for pre bulit coils and tanks, pink box for pg vg and made ejuice, clear box for flavor and mixing stuff and my chocolate in the middle of corse on top of my travel cases for mods
    Kids arnt aloud in my cubbord so it won't get eaten

emu and iamTezr like this.
  15. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

[​IMG]

rupert, emu and iamTezr like this.
  16. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

@laurie9300 Now that's just showing off haha but nevertheless...:clap2: awesome collection.
    I'm trying to figure out what you're using the digital scale for???:hmmm:

laurie9300 likes this.
  17. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

emu and iamTezr like this.
  18. emu

emu Banned

I have most of my stuff in one place but still a mess, I keep all my nic in the deep freezer and the battery chargers on another bench.
    Only one more milk crate size box to sort and put in the shelves (one day) :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

iamTezr likes this.
  19. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

WOW!!! I never knew you could do it like this. Thanks for the link. You've just opened my eyes and taught me something new :bowdown:
    Might have to start looking through your threads to learn how you do things :thumbup:

laurie9300 and emu like this.
  20. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

Mess??? Don't be silly. That setup is like walking into a vape store. Everything you need is there.
    It's great seeing everyone's setup and storage :)

emu likes this.