I achieved ____ today

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by DogMan, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Flea

Flea Senior Member

I must admit to being on the dole, maybe twice, in my youth.

2. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Took a bunch of seniors to the Rhododendron Gardens in Emu Valley Tas.
    Interesting bus trip. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

3. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Installed UHF Cb in ute for our trip back to Hobart next month to a wedding. Damn good unit. 5 year warranty. Shits all over my old GME and Uniden which wife had in her car.

[​IMG]

4. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Pot belly stove from tip.
    Thought this would make a good garden decor. Got it home cleaned it up. Hmm wonder if it works?

Sure does. [​IMG]

Flea and emu like this.
  5. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Re built garden tool shed on new platform. Cut up the flooring of old platform for firewood as was rotten. It was fun re assembling shed in a 25km wind gusts. [​IMG]

6. Flea

Flea Senior Member

Impressive.

You need a ramp to push the lawn mower in ?

Rayjay likes this.
  7. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Thanks @Flea, we already have one that we use to trolley firewood into the house. Yeah the original shed on a rotting platform was to close to the house and considering LPG bottles and fuel for mower is stored there, decided to move it as far as possible from the house. Gawd, the previous owners of our property were absolutely brain dead when it came to safety for flammable storage or electrical wiring . The garage power supply was enough to give me a heart attack when I saw it. Ordinary extension cord buried in a trench without even conduit. We called in a professional electrician, and had the lot removed and properly wired with a sub board and cut out circuit breakers in the garage. Wasn't cheap, but how much is your life and house worth?

How is the move to WA going ? Sold the house yet? Better hurry up as there are indicators that the RE bubble is about to burst.

8. Flea

Flea Senior Member

I emptied 3 x 20 lb gas bottles into backyard air yesterday,
    all over 15 years since last saftey inspection.
    I then left them at bunnings for them to throw away.

We have put a deposit on the WA house.
    Waiting for buyers for the Gold Coast house, I may have to drop the asking price.

Rayjay likes this.
  9. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Yup Yup, When we bought our current property the vendor had it listed for a ludicrous price of $210 k for over 3 years. Then he came down to $175k which was still to high for this area as it was predominantly Dept of Housing properties which the Dept is selling off. Not many people want to live in such an area as there are still a lot of houso's left and there is an alcohol and drug problem there.

We got the property for $150k spent $15k renovating which is just about finished and are happy. We also have a new neighbour that did the same he got his weatherboard house for $90k but that needs more renovation than ours did. Ours is double brick.

As to your gas bottles lol.

I got two that were like you described. I managed to get them emptied then was able to get the tops off with difficulty and rinsed them out with water to get rid of residual butane and made them into fire pots which I sold off.

LOL one fool tried to ape what I did but he never rinsed out the residual butane and hit it with a cutter, you could hear the explosion about a block away.:w00t::w00t::w00t: Never repeat never try to turn LPG bottles into fire pots without rinsing them out. :wall::wall::wall: @Flea

Flea likes this.
  10. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Bacon, Egg & Asparagus Pies for breakfast. Why not, too wet do do anything today Fantastic thunderstorm overnight @emu.you would have loved it[​IMG]

11. Flea

Flea Senior Member

I just mowed front & back yards,
    ready for open house inspection Sunday.

It's a bugger, I'll have to drink Black Beer at the Surf Club bar on Sunday,
    until open house is over.

Rayjay likes this.
  12. emu

emu Senior Member

Sold 3 mowers and 2 whipper snipper's yesterday, today i fitted 2 brand new front brake rotors and a new set of pads to my car. Wow so smooth now, there was a little shudder when applying the brakes at 100kmh but it's fixed. :)

Flea and Rayjay like this.
  13. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Built shelf for the small garden shed before storm set in. When rains passed sprinkled pellets around seedlings. Wife off to Hobart for a week, enjoying peace and quiet. Might go fishing tomorrow if weather ok

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

Flea likes this.
  14. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Mowed laws made a tank stand[​IMG]