1. Call to Action! Vapers, please submit your story to the Federal Inquiry into Ecigs by July 6th, and let's get nicotine legalised: Submit Here

For help with your submission please read This Guide

Dismiss Notice

IJoy Maxo Quad with Estoc Mega Tank

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Pippi, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Finally got them out of the boxes and set up today - @Noe my review will be coming in the next few days and I have started it by creating the thread .... it will make me do it even though I am useless at reviews ;)

Noe, Maria, Judith and 1 other person like this.
  2. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Ok, here goes - my anxiety about doing this is going through the roof, not even going to pretend this is a review.
    First the Estoc Tank Mega - well its black and comes in a box with very little in it.
    There is a small manual - spare glass and spare 0.4ohm coil.
    I am surprised I like but I do - it has great airflow control and the ceramic coil delivers good flavour which was also a surprise as I have never liked ceramic coils in the past.
    So far it hasn't leaked a drop which is also a plus.
    It has one of those nasty short fat drip tips which obviously I dislike but for these purposes I didnt change it out.
    It pumps out the clouds which is also something I dont normally do but have enjoyed that too.
    I cant really see a con with this tank, its simple and effective - it would never be my all day vape but happy to have a few toots on it during the day.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    laurie9300, Judith, iamTezr and 4 others like this.
  3. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Now for the contentious IJoy Maxo Quad
    [​IMG]
    I really like this mod, its big and chunky but much better looking in real life. it also comes with not much in the box - a charger, manual & some side panel decals.
    its great to have the option of customising with the decals but the truth is most are awful and I only liked the black ones - the silver or dark brown could pass at a pinch but the rest clash with the red mod.
    [​IMG]

As I said the quad is huge and it was hard to take a pic with it in my hand. I can only get my hand half way around it but surprisingly it still sits nicely in my hand when vaping and I find it easy to use on that front.
    [​IMG]

It is a really easy mod to operate with a nice clear screen and super easy to change through all the options ( most of which I haven't a clue about) I am running it in power mode at 26 watts with the Estoc tank and its seamless.
    Now onto the stability of it. Well its very solid and will never topple over despite repeated attempts on my part. I couldn't find my other set of matching pink Batteries (forgotten the brand but I know they are good ones - thanks Panda) So I popped a matched set of brown turds in to test the rocking that has been complained about.
    [​IMG]

So onto the rocking story, the mod has four Batteries in it for the following Vids - but there is little difference between two & four batts regarding the very minimal rocking, which only happens if you actually push the mod to make it rock.
    I tested on a mouse pad and also on the kitchen table and you will see I am pushing it quite hard. Its a teensy bit less rocky on the mouse pad.

So my final thoughts on the quad are that it is a awesome desk top mod, I tend to wander around with my Vapes and often dont have one at the computer when I need it - this covers that problem and does it well.
    I really didnt expect to like this and kind of got goaded into it but its been a great experience - I have no hesitation is recommending it.
    I am and will remain a Provari Fan Gal but this brick is great :)
    Ps, perhaps I was lucky with mine and that needs to be taken into account - however even if it rocked more I would still recommend it as its not a issue unless you intend to sit there actually pushing the Maxo.

Phew the review thats not a review is done - never doing another one! :bolt:

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    laurie9300, Judith, iamTezr and 3 others like this.
  4. snuffy

snuffy Guest

I sent mine back because it would not sit flat on a table, rocked back and forth like a rocking horse.
    Vapoureyes told me to return it as apparently they all do it, bad design for a battery door especially with 4 batts.

laurie9300, Flea and Maria like this.
  5. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Had you watched any review of the Maxo before ordering you would have known that was a issue the mod has. Repeatedly complaining about a known issue, rather than looking for a possible solution, when you knew the issue existed(I know there were review vids around before the time you ordered & I find it hard to believe you are silly enough to order something without watching one first), is painting a certain picture about yourself.

I knew about the problem & still wanted one as my prize in the GearBest competition. Rather than whinge & whine about a known problem(that doesn't affect its functionality) I intend to look for a simple solution, which is all that it needs & I already have ideas that are cheap to apply & should work.

laurie9300, Pippi and DogMan like this.
  6. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

I was waiting to comment about the rocking in my review, but I will say - its so not a problem, the mod is like a brick and will never tip over - yes if I push it with my finger it will rock but its seriously not a issue :)
    Ps, Hi Noe, good to see you :)

laurie9300, Flea, Noe and 1 other person like this.
  7. subyXV

subyXV Member

Correct me if im wrong but why release a mod with this known problem ? If Ford or Holden sold a car with a problem (known or not) a person is entitled to have it fixed or replaced. Australian consumer rights laws applying here. What if said purchase was made before youtube reviews were watched or even watched. Come on everyone, lets play fair.

8. Noe

I don't have mine yet, so calling it a problem was probably wrong, just as "feature" of the mod is probably wrong also. It is what it is but this is not the type of mod a newby would buy, it is more of a dedicated vaper's mod. As such, it is reasonable to expect that said vaper has looked at reviews of the mod before purchase.
    I would think it slightly irresponsible of a vendor to knowingly sell such a big mod to a newby, without discussing at length their needs & ensuring it was suitable. I mention newbies because they are the users least likely to watch a review before purchase.

9. snuffy

snuffy Guest

I did not watch a review, just jumped in and bought one :p

If it was free as yours is Noe I would not have a prob either, just stick a couple of rubber feet on the bottom and that would fix it.
    However when you fork out 90 bucks you expect quality, my ocd couldn't handle the rocking.
    I did remove the battery door and look for a fix to no avail, the guys at Vapoureyes suggested I return it and I'm glad I did cause the Smok G-Priv I got is so much better and really well made with awesome electronics and doesn't weigh a ton like the rocking horse.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
    laurie9300, Noe and subyXV like this.
  10. snuffy

snuffy Guest

11. Noe

It's Smok, not Smoke & yes the G-Priv looks to be a great device but it shouldn't be confused with the H-Priv, which is not the same at all.
    Free or not, I knew about the battery door before deciding to get one. I will always wait for a review before ordering something, unless it is a new device which I am reviewing, in which case I often avoid watching or reading anything about the device, so I can give a more impartial review.
    The battery door issue isn't something that can not be worked around & if you want extended run times then that is something that is easily sorted, I wouldn't glue on rubber feet though, some kind of rubber or silicone slip-on/off base is what I am thinking of trying first (possibly from a RX200 cover).
    Your video shows it rocks but it isn't going to fall over, for a desk mod that is going to be used a bit like a vaping base station, it seems to me to be ideal, yes it rocks but it's cheaply solved.

12. snuffy

snuffy Guest

It's just not good enough to be manufacturing untested and poorly designed crap then offloading it on unsuspecting Australians, what happens when your battery door falls off ? What are you going to do use a rubber band to hold it on ?
    It's not just the one I got, Ed told me to return it so who's gunna argue when a well known respected supplier says to send something back ?

I'm just as disappointed as you are Noe because I loved the color and the chip was excellent, you can even tailor the first 2 seconds of the fire process to exactly how you like it in half second increments.
    Anyway no point getting into an argument with a cranky panda this early in the new year, just be warned if you want to buy one then I would wait till the fault is fixed.

This is off Vapoureyes website warning people to buy at your own risk, must be something badly wrong when the suppliers post warnings on their own site.

Notice the price drop as well :)

[​IMG]

My next mod will be a Smok GX 350, at least they are quality made ...!
    4 battery and just gorgeous

[​IMG]
    Happy New Year :nod:

laurie9300, 1ynne and subyXV like this.
  13. snuffy

snuffy Guest

Sorry for the derailment pippi, I am looking forward to your review though :sillygrin:

At least it's on topic I guess

laurie9300 and subyXV like this.
  14. Noe

Well I have mine now & I have 4 batts installed, it does rock a little but it's not going to fall over & the door isn't going to fall off, in fact for the slight amount it rocks it is hardly worth me messing about to stop it. It's not going to fall over unless it is pushed with a lot of force & I have other mods with only 1 or 2 batts that don't rock at all but will fall over if you just bump the table. I really like the easy menu system on it, the quality of the mod in other respects is good, it has a good 510 connection (unlike the RX200 or 2/3 etc) & it has no button rattles. Really I think they could have done a better job on the battery door & made a mod that was flawless but it is what it is & it really isn't an impediment to how it performs.

"must be something badly wrong when the suppliers post warnings on their own site."
    Or it's an over reaction to customer complaints, the battery door is not going to fall off, it does wobble (it's not really a rocking unless you touch it) if you bump the table/desk, they could have just dropped the price a little & stated simply that the mod wobbles but will not fall over if the table it is sitting on gets bumped.

The Smok 4 batt is a virtual V2 of the Ijoy, anyone that has been around long enough in vaping knows the V2 is always the product that solves the problems of the V1 but it doesn't mean it doesn't have its own problems. I really do not like mods that have the screen on the top of the mod, right next to the 510, this is a recipe for disaster if your atty leaks, so be careful with what you use on these type of mods, certainly I wouldn't be using an atty with bottom airflow, I'd rather have a mod that wobbles than a mod with a screen next to the 510.

laurie9300 and DogMan like this.
  15. subyXV

subyXV Member

Personally if I was a vendor and i had received a complanit/s re a product I too would put a warning up. Hence you disclose a problem and if people still buy it you can then say "we did advise you". Makes sense in my books.

laurie9300, DogMan and snuffy like this.
  16. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Snuffy already pointed out that vapoureyes has done this on their site - perhaps you missed his previous post ?

laurie9300, snuffy and DogMan like this.
  17. subyXV

subyXV Member

Pippi, i did see that post by snuffy and my comment was in relation to one of the comments made by Noe. Nothing snide or rude and just adding my two cents to the topic.

laurie9300 and snuffy like this.
  18. snuffy

snuffy Guest

I don't use attie's that leak lol

laurie9300 likes this.
  19. Noe

Correct but the warning they have given says the door doesn't close properly/fully, which is incorrect. The door does close properly & fully, the pressure from having 4 x 18650's pressing on it causes it to bow out a little & the mod to wobble a bit when put down, nothing as dramatic as what they have written.

Nor do I but any bottom airflow tank/atty can leak, even if they don't usually, sometimes it just takes time for them to let you know about it.

20. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

I have done my blurb - scroll back through the Hijacking to see my comments at the beginning.

DogMan and Noe like this.