ileaf estick 40 TC

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by emu, Oct 13, 2015.

1. emu

emu Banned

The new eleaf istick 40 watt TC is a little beaudy, they put the tank deck opposite to the buttons but you get used to it.
    It's better because your fingers wrap around the curved side which feels more snug.

I like the Stealth mode so you can turn the screen off and it won't come on while your vaping. You can tap the fire button to sus the screen if ya want.

You can flip the screen and turn off the up and down buttons so you don't change the setting by mistake.

It's got VW mode 1 to 40 watt's and TC-Ni mode 100 to 315 Celsius. There's no puff counter or duration time but you can lock in the room temperature base resistance.
    Just have to remember to unlock the resistance if you go to a different ohm coil.

I put a new eleaf GS 22 mm, 3 ml tank on it with a 0.15 ohm nickel coil set at 270 Celsius which is a nice warm satisfying vape and the same feel every time.

It's just a tad taller than the istick 30 with a slightly bigger 2600 maH battery which has all the usual protection features.
    Temperature protection for the coil is good and temperature alert for the device is a bonus.

Overall a bargain for $49 and that includes a change of screen colour to the new trendy blue. I'm enjoying my first TC unit with a really nice tasty vape time after time.

Noe and DaveJ like this.
  2. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

Wow, sounds great.
    Was a time a new product was released and there was a couple weeks conversation about it before the next great thing came along.
    Now its a constant flood.

Noe, DaveJ and emu like this.
  3. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Sounds good, would love to see you write up a review in the hardware section here: http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/forums/reviews.87/

Tell me about it, as a reviewer it makes it difficult to properly test new products & post a review before they are "obsolete".
    I think there are reviewers that take a lot of shortcuts to get their reviews out quickly & don't evaluate products as well as they could before publishing a review.
    Personally I like to get a proper feel for a product & get to know its quirks, I like to take things apart & see how they work, then put them through their paces & find their limits. I spend at least a week evaluating a new product, whether that is as simple as a piece of wire (coil) or a complex atomiser design or mod, I don't take short cuts & I don't rush to publish reviews.

I think the speed at which new products are coming out is bad for consumers, especially those that want the "latest & greatest" because finding good reliable information on the products is not as easy as it was even last year, which has a lot to do with why I decided to start doing reviews.
    At the same time it can be good for consumers too, if the products are good. Having more options to choose from is not a bad thing unless the products coming out are lemons & with the speed that new products are coming out, it is hard to know if you are getting lemons or peaches.

4. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

Well said @Noe, which is probably why your reviews are so well received. Some reviewers are just "show and tell", without a great deal of "tell".

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  5. emu

emu Banned

Just a quick first impression, I thought you would of picked me up on the title.
    Thought I'd put the brand back to front cause they put the tank on backwards...... :rofl:

6. Noe

I thought it was just you diksuktits kicking in ;)

emu likes this.
  7. emu

emu Banned

Bloody oath I just went a bit schitto but I snapped out of it quicker than usual.... :rofl:
    I put it down to the sudden replenishment of nickel oxide in my bloodstream.

8. Noe

If you want to try a Ti coil, drop the temp by about 130F compared to what you would use with Ni coils, then dry burn test some cotton & bring the temp up 10F at a time, when the cotton just starts to singe back it off 10F & it should be at the right temp.

emu likes this.
  9. emu

emu Banned

Do Aspire do a Ti coil for the Nautilus?

10. Noe

Not sure, don't own a Nautilus & I mostly use RBAs for my TC builds.

11. emu

emu Banned

Got a box of Nautilus BVC coils today, Says they are ceramic on the VV Web site.
    Haven't tried one yet, can't put the new kit down, perfect vape every time.