1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Inawera Tobacco Cavendish

Discussion in 'DIY Flavours, Mixing, Recipes' started by Gasman, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I mixed this at 2.5% and at a 60PG/40VG ratio leaving it to steep for four weeks.

I think the manufacturer describes it as reminiscent of a pipe or cigar tobacco and after a bit of research Cavendish seemed to be a bit of a constant in juices that I had liked so I gave it a whirl.

In my opinion it's a sort of sweet taste with a very distinct tobacco overtone. It certainly reminds me of the ashy type aftertaste that I remember to get when I smoked and used to like. As disgusting as that may sound to me and many others now personally for some reason I enjoy it. Although I have now experimented with several flavour profiles tobacco is still the vape I enjoy most and have been chasing constantly.
    In the two tobacco concentrates that I have tried from Inawera this has been present in both and it just works for me.

I've mixed this finished juice with other tobaccos and it works with them too. I have DNB (dirty neutral base) but I haven't tried that yet and if memory serves that is supposed to replicate the ashtray type taste which sounds even more revolting in theory but given what I've experienced thus far with Inawera tobaccos its on my next mixing session list to try.

To sum up my opinion on Tobacco Cavendish I definitely like it on its own but think it's really going to shine when mixed with a Golden Virginia in a dedicated recipe as I reckon it will give a bit more authenticity to the finished juice.

For the vaper who still enjoys a tobacco like taste this may be one to try and considering the price and percentage required is a worthwhile purchase.

As ever taste is subjective and this is simply my opinion.

Pippi, Angela, Aqualung and 1 other person like this.
  2. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

Thanks Gasman
    I'm still pretty much wedded to tobacco flavours too.
    will give this a go on next conc order. Starting to enjoy some sweetness, but not too much

Gasman likes this.
  3. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

so far I've enjoyed Juice Factory Black & Mild and FLV Cured Tobacco. Both are smoke in a bottle, no herby, earthy, grassy notes (hate those).

Gasman, Pippi, Aqualung and 1 other person like this.
  4. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

+1 for Black and Mild. Is the core ingredient in almost all my mixes

laurie9300 likes this.
  5. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Bugger..now you've got me contemplating both of them but I will resist... I will resist.... I might resist... I probably won't resist.

I've got Juice Factory Black Fire and FW Fire Cured and definitely enjoyed both of them but FW at reduced %.

laurie9300 likes this.
  6. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

It's a nice concentrate and imo is even better mixed with a couple of Flavorah's, such as their Virginia and Kentucky Blend. As far as artificial tobacco flavours go, Flavorah (made by Mother Murphy's) are really leading the pack right now; at least in terms of mainstream, commercially available brands.

Pippi, Gasman and laurie9300 like this.
  7. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I don't have any Flavorah but your recommendation has unfortunately made me ponder that thought.

Pippi likes this.
  8. Charles Vaper

Yes, they're excellent concentrates. I hope to have the full line-up soon and their desserts and fruits are great too; for the most part. They're certainly on a par with FlavourArt, and some are even superior imo. They're not food concentrates like many, they're made specifically for vaping.

Pippi and Gasman like this.
  9. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

As I'll be visiting Wick & Wire next week I thought it would be an excellent opportunity to buy some Flavorah without worrying about postage but was disappointed with their basically non existent tobacco offerings.

Checked Vapoureyes and still not that great so went to Juice Factory and they do seem to have heaps listed including the ones you recommend but unfortunately also seem to be out of stock of quite a few!

My middle name is lucky.

Thanks for the recommendations Charles and I shall try some one day I've no doubt.

10. Charles Vaper

Yes, do try them when you can. They really are terrific. I'm unclear as to why W&W don't carry more of their line; especially the tobacco's, it's odd. I generally get all my concentrates from Juice Factory and I'm sure they will restock asap. Next month I'll be getting a large order in of tobacco's, so if you get stuck, and need a small sample of each, just let me know and I'd be happy to mail you some. Cheers.

Gasman likes this.
  11. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I very much appreciate your kind offer Charles but I will decline your offer.

I'm thinking that due to your constant help of smokers making the switch to vaping you use a lot of these concentrates in your efforts to convert.
    I have enough concentrates personally and don't like the thought of using your stocks when they are performing such a great service.
    I certainly won't go short any time soon (or probably in my own lifetime!)

I'm sure I'll try some in the future and thank you for your recommendations and of course your generosity.

Charles Vaper and DogMan like this.
  12. DogMan

DogMan Butler

Stubborn bugger

You have to let people help you sometimes gassy.

1001 ways to turn down a PIF

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

13. Duckling

Duckling New Member

I have heaps of Inawera tobaccos and I like most of them. Cavendish sounds yum too.

Gotta stop buying concentrates that I'll never get around to using!!