1. Rest in peace, Aqualung. Thank you for the magic.
    Dismiss Notice

Innokin T 18 and T22 How long does a coil last?

Discussion in 'Ask the Veterans' started by Donna, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Donna

Donna Senior Member

Hi all,

This question is for a research project where the subjects are given both a T18 and a T22. Some of the users may vape 1ml a day and some 5ml's a day.

The researchers have asked for a recommended quantity of eliquid for each coil because obviously an infrequent vs a frequent vaper will have different needs.

I guess I use about 5ml per day and change my coils about once a fortnight which would mean about every 70mls. Does this sound right?

Any help appreciated. @Noe :)

2. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

You would have a better idea of how frequent to change those coils, I have not used the Endura's extensively, I tried @Jennifer 's Endura once, I didn't like the vape on it particularly either.
    Sorry I can't be much help for this :(

BTW the Aspire Pockex would IMO be a better device for newbies.

margyb likes this.
  3. Donna

Donna Senior Member

Thanks Noe, but the devices can't be changed now. Hopefully @Jennifer will come along with her advice.

4. snuffy

snuffy Guest

The best way is to go by taste, as soon as I notice the vape not tasting "Normal" I change the coil.

margyb likes this.
  5. Donna

Donna Senior Member

Yes I know but because the Researchers will need to supply the additional coils from time to time, they need to know how to gauge how many people will need.

Noe likes this.
  6. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

It's a shame they chose to use that device because I found it pretty much unvapeable, it was far too hot.

So can't give a definitive answer as I didn't use it long enough. I did burn a couple of coils though.

At a rough guess I'd say the coils last the same as other basic devices, which for me is about two days! But lets say a week for dark juices and two weeks for clear juices.

That seems to be what other people get out of their coils. I never really worked out how people get so long out of their coils...they always taste bad to me after a couple of days.

DogMan, margyb, Donna and 1 other person like this.
  7. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

Oh, I vape 3-5ml a day. Darker dessert flavours.

DogMan and Donna like this.
  8. Noe

I only tried yours & I agree the vape was too hot, more like the old top coil stardusts than anything else.
    Since this is for research, I worry that the device will produce higher than usual fail rates, which will be seen in the research figures.

I think you would really like the Pockex, it's got no AFC & you can MTL or use a restricted lung inhale with it, the size is almost the same as the first Joye AIO (19mm dia).
    Very simple to fill & vape too.

9. snuffy

snuffy Guest

The researchers would be better off using a Nautilus tank for a fairer comparison which is what a lot of newbies use, Endurers are definitely not a good choice for research.

10. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

I had the same experience as Jen, but I just posted mine to @Judith with a fresh coil in it - so maybe she could do a test for you? It was the endura T18 starter Kit.

Judith, margyb and Donna like this.
  11. Donna

Donna Senior Member

Thanks Pippi :)

snuffy likes this.
  12. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I have been using it a few days with lightly flavoured liquid and the coil is still good. Good for flavour, good size drip tip (same size as cigarettes) and tight air control which would suit most beginners. If the base is loosened very slightly the draw it easier.

I really hope they are getting two because it is only a 1000 mAh battery which I flatten quite quickly. It seems to be slow to recharge too and sometimes the connection doesn't seem to work well. I have had trouble with the firing button sticking and it might just be the one I have but it is something for the researchers to be notified of if it happens to their clients/research subjects/guinea pigs (?). Top filling is good but if something happens to the coil (e.g. dry hit) the tank needs to be emptied to replace the coil so they may need extra liquid.

I don't find it hot but I take very shallow puffs often (lung damage) and I haven't had anything approaching a dry hit yet. I am assuming it will last a week at least but expect to get at least two weeks going by past history with other coils (the Nautilus coil I am using with unflavoured liquid is probably 4 weeks old). The researchers need to be aware that sometimes there are dud coils. There might be some brands whose premade coils work 100% of the time but I haven't heard about them

I actually like it but of the two I have tried I think the Ego AIO with 1 amp coils is better for beginners.

margyb, Pippi, Donna and 2 others like this.
  13. Noe

I wish everyone on the forum lived nearby, so I could pass around this Aspire Pockex, it gives a better vape than Either the Endura or AIO, I think you'd like it too.
    It's able to be used with light puffs or with deep puffs, MTL or restricted DL inhales, IMO they have got the draw just right on this for a wide variety of vape styles.
    1500mah battery capacity also, so it'll run for longer, I'm part way through the 3rd tankful on it (2ml per tank) & the battery still has more than 30% power (not sure how much exactly because the light turns from blue to pink at 30% remaining power & that is the only way to know). So I think it will have enough power to run for 3 tankfuls or 6ml of juice, which is a full day's vaping for most newbies.
    Ok I'm starting to sound like an Aspire salesman but I am very impressed with this device.

Sorry for the slight derailment @Donna

Charles Vaper and Judith like this.
  14. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I was tempted to buy one after Charles recommended it but any newbies are stuck with Ego AIOs for now. Another apology Donna.

Pippi and Charles Vaper like this.
  15. Donna

Donna Senior Member

Yes, they are getting one of each and I'll suggest spare coils regardless of timing. Thanks Judith. :)

Pippi likes this.
  16. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

I filed away some of the air chanels on mine then really loved it. I got well over a week with unflavoured so I think we could say 2-7 days depending on juice?

Judith, Pippi and Jennifer like this.
  17. Donna

Donna Senior Member

Could you estimate that in ml's please Annette?

Pippi likes this.
  18. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

Whilst the PockeX is now the go-to device for new vapers (in my opinion), we still use the Endura's a fair bit and if you keep the juice fairly light, the coils can last two weeks. However, they're usually in a rotation along with 3 other mods. My honey Megan has been vaping on some yummy light DIY juice now for over a month and still uses the same coil. She vapes only at night for three hours.

margyb, Judith and Pippi like this.
  19. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Noe, it is a derailment as the Uni already has the Enduras - yes its a shame they didnt get better advise before going ahead and purchasing - as the Aio or Pocket are clearly superior beginner vapes.
    What they need now is advise on the Enduras and how best to cover the amount of coils used and perhaps other issues that might arise with the use of them.
    lets keep on track ;)

20. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

I'm not sure I would say the AIO is superior to the Endura. There's a lot of issues with those darn cubis coils. The spit back and gurgling can be annoying and yes, I know how to mange this but I must say that I've had numerous smokers try them both now and the Endura is preferred for it's smoother draw. (The PockeX still wins hands down though)

Pippi likes this.