Joy Tech ATOPACK Penguin

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Pippi, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

No idea if these will be good or not - but they are kinda cute

[​IMG]

2. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

cute

wondering how you'd hold and fire it though? ergonomics aren't a strong point from the look

Pippi likes this.
  3. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

You could be right.

DogMan likes this.
  4. Jerry Hatrick

Jerry Hatrick Senior Member

Interesting.

Pippi and DogMan like this.
  5. Gabby

Gabby Member

Sometimes you wonder what they were thinking ...

When I saw the pics, I assumed it was Joyetech's answer to the Suorin, a tootlepuffer's stealth vape. Like Pippi I thought they were cute and they're apparently designed to look like a medical inhaler of some sort.

But they're much bigger than they look - about 102mm. And they're subohm devices for cloudchasing, with an 8.8ml refillable cartridge and 2000mah battery.

I wonder who they're targetting. I'm not a cloudchaser, but if I was I don't think I'd be interested in something as inoffensive looking as this. :)

Pippi likes this.
  6. KayP

KayP Senior Member

'Tis not something for me, but here's a review:

Pippi likes this.
  7. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

Interesting I like an airy mtl so I'm curious.

Pippi likes this.
  8. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

I dunno a lot of cloud chasers want something descrete for work. And not too expensive either. And mtl doesn't do it for every beginner so it would suit some of them too.

Gabby, Pippi and DogMan like this.
  9. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

I was eyeing these up as well, there sub-ohm coils seem to go well in the little clip i found. was just waiting for some reviews to come out

Pippi likes this.
  10. KayP

KayP Senior Member

@Wanda Heaven Gifts is running a contest where they're giving away one of these. Join up if you want. You'll find the thread over in the Competitions/Fundraisers/Giveaways section.

iamTezr and Pippi like this.
  11. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

Thanks for that I think I've got the link some where in my emails will have to dig it up, I've ended a few if there give aways never won tho

Pippi likes this.
  12. Gabby

Gabby Member

I must be missing something here, Nico. How do you actually stealth-vape if you're cloudchasing? Sounds like an oxymoron to me.:)

13. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I saw these before DJLSB's review came out & thought they would likely have issues with flooding or leaking. After seeing his review, I am not convinced otherwise but also another issue I saw in his review was with refilling, they are going to be messy to refill, the fill hole is hard to gain access to & you have to remove the coil every time you refill.
    My main concern is still that if you leave the device unattended for a day or so, it is likely to flood the coil & give you a mouthful of juice on your first puff or two when you use it again, I have nothing to base this on except my own speculation based on experience with other mods/devices.
    My advice if you are interested in this one, is wait a few weeks for user reports to filter through, the early adopters are the vapers that will determine if this is a lemon or a good device, no review is going to collect as much data as regular users will.

Rayjay and KayP like this.
  14. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

I have one now, no problems so far with leaking or filling it but they really are a DL device, huge clouds even with the MTL coil in it - very very airy.
    The biggest fault it has is no air flow control IMO - definitely not one to recommend to beginners or tootle puffers.
    I can see how cloud chasers would find this good as something to throw in the pocket for those times you dont want to take out a expensive Vape but not sure its for me - will give it a few more days trial :)

Gabby, Noe and DogMan like this.
  15. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

They kinda make me think of Tupperware :lipssealed:

KayP, Noe and Pippi like this.
  16. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

But - but ....Tupperware is made to last and comes with a life time quarantine - speaking as a tupperware fan gal - it costs a lot but the investment pays off with less plastic into landfill.
    I still have a few pieces of my mums that are at least 50yrs old and still going strong. In recent years I have been buying more vintage pieces as funds allow.
    Please dont pop tuppy in the corner with the penquin :whistling:

DogMan likes this.
  17. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Lol. A mate inhereted her mum's tw fruit bowl. It was about 30 years old. Jess didn't like the 70s brown, so wanted it replaced. She had to repeatedly back over it in her car to crack it. They did honour the warranty for a blue one :)

KayP and Pippi like this.
  18. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

:rofl: - go the tupperware!

DogMan likes this.
  19. Gabby

Gabby Member

I agree!
    I agree. No good for stealth at all.

20. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

I have had one of these for three months now, no leakage problems even when laid flat. I also got the spare tanks for these $3.95

[​IMG]

I have three tanks. I fill them up before I leave home and put coils in. Throw them into my bum bag and no worries. Yes they put out a nice cloud if you take a big toot . However for the price, I paid $39.95 for mine I find it a no fuss mod. I agree with Pippi a little airy but flavor wise they are nice. Not had a problem with mine in three months. As to how long the inbuilt battery will last at this stage I do not know. However considering their price; about the packet of stinkies one can throw them away and get another. Mine certainly so far has lasted a lot longer that a packet of cigs when you consider I used to smoke a packet of 40's a day. @Pippi @Noe

Pippi likes this.