Joy Tech ATOPACK Penguin

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Pippi, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Well since these are aimed towards newbies, I am glad they don't leak. However they still look messy/fiddly to fill to me & I think that is why they brought out the new version the Atopack Dolphin, which is nearly identical with a few improvements, such as fill method.
    http://www.joyetech.com/product/atopack-dolphin/

[​IMG]

This makes much more sense for refilling.
    It looks like they use the same coils too but I'm not certain if the tanks are interchangeable?

Rayjay and margyb like this.
  2. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Like all products new ones keep flooding the market. The Penguins have had their day devoured by the Dolphins.

Sent from Taptalk. Vape On & be happy. Live & Let Live Blessed Be!

Noe likes this.
  3. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

I dont know about the coils but the tank is different to the Penguin, that fill method is hardly much of a change as you still need to remove the tank from the body - honestly filling it really is quite easy- no more fuss than a standard bottom fill Atty. which most of us started with and I still use daily,
    Still dont think its for newbies though but for other reasons like the airy vape with no air flow control.

Noe, DogMan and Rayjay like this.
  4. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Having spoken to the person that I bought my penguin from, the coil system is the same thanks be to God, unlike Smok every darn tank they bring out you just about have to buy different coils. :wall:

The filling system is a lot simpler even though you still have to take the tank cartridge out, no big issue. If you do not want big clouds try using 50VG and 50PG ratios and these will give better flavor also. Below is a short youtube review that I found. Yes Phil has a longer video but I am not wasting time watching a lengthy rant by Phil.

Noe and Pippi like this.
  5. Noe

The fill method is a HUGE improvement!
    Honestly, never having used either & being unlikely to ever own either, if I was going to purchase one of the devices it would be the Dolphin simply due to the way it fills.
    I don't want to be removing coils to fill a tank, that is what makes the Penguin, IMO, messy/fiddly, having a little fill port on the side of the tank makes far more sense & for an easier fill.

Rayjay likes this.
  6. Noe

Hopefully, Joyetech will release a tank with similar fill method to the Dolphin for the Penguin but I won't hold my breath for that.
    It appear what Joyetech has done is sell the Penguin, get feedback from vapers about it & made a new product (Dolphin) based off of that feedback. In other words Penguin users payed to be beta testers for Joyetech, not the first time Jt has done that & they are not the only manufacturer to do this but most other manufacturers simply bring out a V2 etc.

margyb and Rayjay like this.
  7. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Penguins now obsolete Dolphins taking over. Lol.

Sent from Taptalk. Vape On & be happy. Live & Let Live Blessed Be!

8. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

I have ordered a Dolphin just out of curiosity. However from what I have read the penguin spare cartridges will not fit the Dolphin. No big issue, with easier filling one would not need them. My supplier has the Dolphin spares on order. Yes, a lot of stuff @Noe manufacturers bring out in one heck of a rush, and I totally agree with you we the consumers are their testers. Then again, when you think of it, they do send their new models to YouTube reviewers and its always an idea to check the reviews, I find, from reviewers that one can trust.

Noe likes this.
  9. Noe

Sorry if my point was lost, that being that the Penguin "Beta testers" are being rewarded by having to spend more $ on a Dolphin, to get the features they wanted on their Penguins. Joyetech could easily make spare tanks with the new fill method, at the very least for Penguin users, which would be cheaper to buy than an entire new kit.

margyb and Rayjay like this.
  10. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

So very true O wisest of Panda's but they won't will they? Vendors are stuck with what is now obsolete stock, how unusual, I will say no more as @Pippi would not like what I am thinking if I write it here. To get a decent price on a Mod to sell the MOQ's are ridiculous. No sooner they land in Au the manufacturer releases a newer and better model. @Noe

11. Noe

They may but IME they won't do so right away, even if they do so later.
    It is more profitable for Joyetech to sell Penguin owners a new kit (those owners that can afford it & want the new Dolphin's features) now, then in a few months perhaps bring out new Penguin tanks with the new fill method for Penguin owners that don't buy the Dolphin, by doing this Joyetech get two bites at the cherry.
    I agree with the fact that vendors need to be very careful with what they stock these days, more so than in years past, because the sheer number of new products flooding the market is impossible to keep up with. The only way a vendor could hope to stock every new product is to have consignment arrangements with every manufacturer or to have a very huge customer base (much larger numbers than all the vapers in Australia I imagine).
    If I was able to stock vape gear, I have a good idea of what I would want to stock & that stock list would be limited to devices I knew would still be relevant in 12 months time.

Rayjay likes this.
  12. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

LOL, I also would love to know what devices would be relevant in 12 months time so far it has been the Vaporesso Target Pro. However its a bit pricey unless of course you get it from FT.