Joyetech eGo ONE TFTA

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Gabby, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Gabby

Gabby Member

Before I start, know that I'm a dyed in the wool MTL vaper, who only uses AIOs and doesn't care much about flavour. I love simplicity in my vaping.

I bought my Joyetech eGo ONE TFTA from Fasttech for about $30 all up. It's genuine - I checked.

The TFTA stands for "top-filling top-airflow", and it comes with 2 x ProCL 0.6ohm coils. Other features include AFC (air flow control), the battery capacity is 2300mAh and the tank is 2ml.

The blurry picture below shows the TFTA on the left with a basic eGo ONE and a Suorin AIR kit. The TFTA doesn't come with a drip tip, which I found rather surprising, but the 'mouthpiece' allows you to insert a 510 drip tip, which I've done (as shown).

[​IMG]

As you can see, the TFTA is significantly longer, wider (D22) and heavier than the eGo ONE, but still conveniently sits in my top shirt pocket, with just the tip showing. Filling is much easier, through a hole in the top.

I was pleasantly surprised to find that I could use it with the supplied 0.6Ω coil without it spitting and gurgling. The AFC isn't as tight as I like but it's OK. (I think that the manufacturers have gone away from tight AFCs because they have the potential to burn out coils too easily.)

I used the TFTA in periods of several hours over a number of days, and found it quite satisfactory. It didn't leak, had good battery and juice economy and my lightly flavoured juices tasted fine.

It also has two voltage modes, direct and constant, which are of little interest to me (or possibly anyone), and also low voltage protection.

I would unreservedly recommend the eGo ONE TFTA for newbies, simply because it's simple, it works OK, it has AFC, and works straight out of the box. Just add a drip tip!

laurie9300, Cloudy and Angela like this.
  2. Angela

Angela Senior Member

Thanks Gabby, I think I might buy one of those when I've used up all my coils for the AIO. The AIO coils spit and gurgle all the time and I'm over them, but I still use it everyday. Like you, I like simple and easy, and I mostly MTL these days so high end mods don't interest me.

The TFTA is possibly a bit on the big side for me, but that wouldn't matter when I'm at home. And I have a whole box full of drip tips that have been sitting around for years, waiting to be put to good use. :)

Gabby likes this.
  3. Gabby

Gabby Member

You're obviously a bit more tolerant than me, Ange. I can't use the AIO or the PockeX with the supplied coils.

Angela likes this.
  4. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

Great review Gabby, thanks for posting......

I went with the Exceed D16 and I love it! I enjoy a more open, restricted lung hit which the Exceed does very well.

I know it's not your style, but how open does the AFC on the TFTA go?

Angela and Gabby like this.
  5. Gabby

Gabby Member

Noticeable, but a bit too loose for my preferences at its tightest. Best I've seen of modern mods, although I don't try that many.

I'd guess the Exceed is very similar to the basic (D19?) eGo AIO. I really found that to be too airy and gurgly for me. It sure needs that spiral driptip. The basic was non-gurgly with a 1ohm coil, but still too airy.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    laurie9300 likes this.
  6. WaggaVaper

WaggaVaper New Member

Personally I find the TFTA a bit tight on the draw but that's apparently due to the coils it comes with, they're really built for MTL vaping. There are other Joyetech coils that get around this issue, there's even a rebuildable coil for it :p

Gabby and laurie9300 like this.
  7. WaggaVaper

WaggaVaper New Member

NEWS FLASH: Not sure if this is old news but hey I'll risk embarrassing myself here, found out from my vape dealer today that the TFTA is discontinued so no supplier can realistically get any more, I managed to grab their second last one :/

Gabby likes this.
  8. Gabby

Gabby Member

The Joyetech site doesn't show it as discontinued, so it may be your dealer/distributor who's decided to discontinue it.
    I misunderstood this when I first saw it, and thought you meant how tight could it get (duhh!). I had a fiddle later and found that the AFC is a bit tricky, and to get the tightest and loosest you need to look it at as you adjust it. Which means you can get it tighter than I had it, which is reasonbale IMHO. On full-open it seems quite airy to me, but I don't DL at all so my judgment may be suspect.

On full anticlockwise from above, it's on it's tightest setting. On full clockwise, it's about 1/4 open. And the full-open is somewhere in between.:rolleyes: Go figure.