1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Just for Fun

Discussion in 'Western Australia' started by emu, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I'm holding you responsible for the damage to my ears and sanity @laurie9300

emu and laurie9300 like this.
  2. Jerry Hatrick

Jerry Hatrick Senior Member

I don't come down here much , just been going through a few pages .
    for Meq
    I'll see your pic of Natural Bridge with mine
    [​IMG]
    and raise ya a couple of the Gap ( not brilliant but hard to get a good shot of it without a helicopter)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Christina Ballerina, emu and Judith like this.
  3. emu

emu Banned

Nice one Jerry, we were there in august 2014 on a high tide big wave day too...!
    Those photos are somewhere on another outdated sd card taken from another outdated phone.
    I was the fella standing next to you vaping, remember...?

DogMan likes this.
  4. Jerry Hatrick

Jerry Hatrick Senior Member

Ha that day those pics were taken there was a group of young male foreign travellers there at the gap.
    They were standing to the left and lower than someone with any sense would be standing.
    Of course a huge wave comes in and 2 or 3 of them are lucky to be alive , washed them off their feet and all over the place.
    I have no idea how none of them went in ! But they all had a free wash .

emu likes this.
  5. emu

emu Banned

Yeah mate that place goes off on a good day, we were there a couple of weeks ago and it's under construction with a big safety revamp. Almost finished now with new observation decks and railings everywhere, lookin great.
    I love the blow hole up the road on a big swell day, unbelievable how much air gets forced through such a small opening.
    Very dangerous coastline around Albany and Esperance and every where in between but that's what makes it so spectacular and the colour of the water on a nice summer day.

Jerry Hatrick and DogMan like this.
  6. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

10 'so very British' ways to react to a heatwave. Courtesy of a Tweet by Helen Dale.

[​IMG]

Christina Ballerina likes this.
  7. Christina Ballerina

Christina Ballerina Senior Member

Lol they are cooking, but it is hotter here in Perth during the day, nut pretty cool at night,
    Having spent most of my life in the UK it is very exciting when the sun shines. I have to admit I miss the excitement of the seasons.
    It is also great to tuck yourself indoors in the winter in front of a roaring log fire. But there are many wonderful things about Australia too.......

The Vaper likes this.
  8. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

Helen wrote a tweet recently to the effect that people outside Britain should not roll their eyes when Brits complain about 30 degree heat, and that the humidity makes it sooo much worse. As an ex-pat Brit yourself, can you confirm the humidity aspect of the British heat?

That comment made me pause before shooting back that one night in Sydney when I was waiting for the temp to drop below 40 degrees - it didn't.
    :mad:

Christina Ballerina likes this.
  9. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

10. Christina Ballerina

Christina Ballerina Senior Member

I don't think it gets half as humid as say Queensland. Only before a big thunderstorm, then you get all these crazy flying ants emerging as well.
    Just read on the news Southern England is 33c hottest since 1976. The houses are not built for this sort of weather and all the shops have sold out of fans haha.

The Vaper likes this.
  11. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

I can sooo relate to this. :rofl:

12. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

I love these..

Man Tells Pup He Gave His Treat To The Cat.

Dog Wants a Kitty.

13. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

I remember '76, water rationing, old people found dead in their homes, pregnant women losing their babies!

It was like 2 weeks over 30C and was 34C for a few days in a row!

We thought the world was ending.....lol

DogMan likes this.