KayFun tricks

Discussion in 'Modding and Technical' started by Browny, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Browny

Browny Senior Member

I know it's considered an old atty now and it's an old idea, but I finally got my butt into gear and drilled out the airflow on the base of my KFL+ and now it's just shy of 2.5mm.
    Huge improvement and I'm glad I did it.

Northerner likes this.
  2. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I you don't want to blow huge clouds the Kayfun lite is still a great little atty.

Northerner and Browny like this.
  3. Browny

Browny Senior Member

I'm not a cloud chaser but I do like some airflow, it is now more similar to my Orchid and the second airflow holes on the SubTank.
    If I ever get another centre-pin for my KF3.1 I'll be a happy man.

4. Browny

Browny Senior Member

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  5. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I don't think you could call it stagnant. A lot of threads don't go viral but a lot of people still use older Kayfuns and someone might find it useful. I don't see that it does any harm leaving it and it might be the only Kayfun thread on the forum oddly enough. It would have had lots a year ago. I am having trouble keeping up with all the different mods and atties these days.

Browny, Sean and DaveJ like this.
  6. DaveJ

DaveJ I Vape

Perhaps - would merging posts from this thread INTO your newer and more general thread be an idea? IF so - I'm sure we could ask our Mods to do that.

Browny likes this.
  7. Sean

Sean Pommie Git

I reckon there's no harm in leaving a Kayfun thread lying around. ☺

People will use it or they won't. If they do that's good and if they don't it'll fade away. No reason to kill it.

Browny, Judith and DaveJ like this.
  8. Oldhead

Oldhead Member

Nothing wrong with Kfuns or for that matter russians ,
    Most newer atties are a re work ,variation, or spin off of these originals. (lighter materials ,bigger air holes , cheaper production costs etc ).Im not dissing newer atties ,but inventiveness does keep the dollars flowing.
    Ooops better diss the K4 with the 1000 parts!!!!!!
    Kiss principle works for me!!!

Browny, DaveJ, Judith and 1 other person like this.
  9. Kaoself

Kaoself New Member

Stagnant thread? This entire forum has only been around about 6 weeks. This whole place is slow but with time and with people posting it will pick up.

The KF3.1 is still my all time favourite atty. I use one daily and it's beautiful, reliable, virtually indestructible, and tastes great. I'd pay well over full price for an unused 3.1 from someones collection.

Are you after genuine KF3.1 centre posts, Browny? I spotted somewhere with stock and can go back through history and have a look.

Browny, DaveJ and Judith like this.
  10. Dalork

Dalork Senior Member

Bah, evil words..... I love my KF4's and it's only 41 parts lol. Anyone wanting to diss their KF4 in the bin should PIF (to me lol).

I think I've got a KF3.1 around here somewhere, think it's a clone but it didn't do a lot for me. Think it lives in the dark area behind my desk with all the CE5's that never got much love

Browny likes this.
  11. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

I love "Double Barrel" coils in my Kayfuns.
    This one is........ 30g - 12 wraps - 2mm - 1.2ohms - Rayon

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    Browny, oxey, Northerner and 4 others like this.
  12. laurie9300

here's an earlier build as per RipTrippers video

2 x 10 wraps 30G on juice bottle blunt needles (20G I think? definitely smaller than 1mm)

I used 30G instead of 28G to try to keep the ohms up - didn't work 0.5ohms! - No good for my DNA

[​IMG]

This coil & the Diamond Coil are the best performing coils I have made in the KF, excellent vapour and flavour, I think this one just comes out on top!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  13. laurie9300

Here's a Diamond Coil

12 Wraps of 28g (4x3 with gaps) 1.2Ohms. The Tarks Wick was a PITA to get through but I managed it! Highly recommend this coil.......it's a better vape than the Dragon but more difficult................Thanks RipTripper!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    Browny, oxey and DaveJ like this.
  14. Jerry Hatrick

Jerry Hatrick Senior Member

I use Kayfuns ( & clones ) 99% of the time so please leave this thread open :hmmm:
    I will possibly never attempt the coils or ideas that some of you people put on here but love looking at them..

Browny, Sean, DaveJ and 2 others like this.
  15. Browny

Browny Senior Member

Ok I'll retract my over thinking. It's just so many new tanks seem to be leaving us who still use KayFuns behind.

Sean and DaveJ like this.
  16. DaveJ

DaveJ I Vape

Twin tiny coils on a Kayfun. Nice winding Laurie.

*sigh* Wonder if I can order Bionic eye implants from FT..... :)

Browny, Aqualung and laurie9300 like this.
  17. Browny

Browny Senior Member

Oh and yes, I need a centre pin for my 3.1 if anyone has one collecting dust.

18. laurie9300

I have a clone I can send you?

Browny and Judith like this.
  19. Kaoself

Kaoself New Member

That's only because lots of people jump on the next new advertised thing in a display of rampant consumerism and an attempt at one up manship. I'd assume a lot of them can't build or have no desire to learn. How else to explain all the people that like to think they get better flavour from a pos sub ohm clearo? The majority of new devices released are worse then what they're trying to replace; except possibly in their ability to extract profits from naive vapers.

I'd hope more people realise the benefits of high end rebuildables and mechs, but it's probably a losing battle against the next cheap Chinese 0.2 ohm quad coil clearo and 500w box mod.

Northerner, Browny and Judith like this.
  20. Oldhead

Oldhead Member

Nicely done, and does the juice channels keep up with the wicking????? Mmmmm impressed.

Browny likes this.