Langer Subtank Mini C leak

Discussion in 'Ask the Veterans' started by Orkane, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Orkane

Orkane New Member

As the titles indicates I'm having a leak issue.

So bought the subtank a week or so ago, the original ssocc coil worked fine. I got some Clapton coils and then the leak started.

Before anyone asks yes I have checked all o-rings and gaskets, made sure everything was tight but not too tight, I'm not over filling yadyada... Here's the thing... Original ssocc works fine... No leaking... Clapton coil (exact same size in everyway) leaks... Put ssocc back in, no leak... Ssocc I can fill all the way up fine.. Clapton as soon as I fill over the juice flow holes it goes everywhere meaning I cant go past the minimum fill point basically.

It seems like the Clapton's cotton isn't compacted down enough maybe? Allowing for the juice to fill the coil shaft and end up leaking through the air holes at the bottom of the tank...

I'm at a loss?

2. Orkane

Orkane New Member

Title is supposed to be Kangertech haha

3. Squid

Squid Member VCA Approved Vendor

dud coil, you will get one occasionally

4. Orkane

Orkane New Member

But will I occasionally get 3 duds in a row?
    It's every coil in the pack that's leaking. Not just one... Should of clarified that.

5. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Try using ejuicewith higher VG content, that may help if you are using an ejuice with high PG.
    50/50 PG/VG should work fine but higher PG isn't what those coils were designed for, if I remember correctly.

6. Orkane

Orkane New Member

Already on 50/50 while I get back into the gist of things, do have some 70/30 on the way that i will try when it gets here. It's weird though. As soon as I go over the flow holes. It leaks until it's below them or at least even with them. Almost like they are too small for the tank. Or the juice is managing to go over the top and down the shaft

7. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Came across this, which probably isn't going to help you much but if you want to rebuild your coils later, don't throw them away!

This one might be a little more helpful:

So from what I'm seeing there, it has juice flow control. If you aren't closing that completely when refilling then it is very likely to leak.
    So close the JFC fully, fill to above the JFC holes, screw the top cap back on, then open the JFC a little, perhaps to half way. See if that helps.
    I'm not sure if there is an o-ring at the top of that barrel that presses against the coil head in someway but if there is & you lost it or unseated it then that would certainly cause leaks, though I don't think there is one from what I saw.
    I don't own one of those tanks so I have no way to replicate your issue or test it myself.

If you can't solve the problem, your mod is capable of using other tanks, I'd go for something with top fill & top airflow, because I hate leaks & bottom airflow tanks nearly always leak at some point, top airflow tanks don't leak while they are standing upright, if at all.
    The OBS Engine subtank for example is something you could replace that tank with.

8. Orkane

Orkane New Member

Thanks for the tips. After going back to the original red ssocc coil I tried one last time yesterday with the Clapton's. There is a O ring at the top of the air shaft which is clean and sat correctly. I cleaned the entire mod and chucked in the coil (making sure flow holes were closed) left with holes open for 5 mins and no leaking. Vaped till my heart was content all night. This morning I decided to switch out the coil for one that was leaking and straight away juice all over the place.

I'm concluding that I must of had a pack of dud coils. 3 out of the 5 so far.

Ill give that tutorial you linked a go at some point and see how they hold up... I've got a horizon falcon King coming today so it may be put on the backbench for a little while though haha.

Noe likes this.