1. Rest in peace, Aqualung. Thank you for the magic.
    Dismiss Notice

laurie9300 E-liquid Recipes & DIY Chat

Discussion in 'DIY Flavours, Mixing, Recipes' started by laurie9300, Feb 4, 2016.

1. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

Hi Guys!

I am just starting out on my DIY journey. At the time of writing I am a total newbie at mixing, although I've been vaping for over 2 years. I have tried a huge variety of juices, both Aussie doublers and premixed from around the world.

My taste in juice is fairly eclectic, but my preference is for bakery and fruity flavours. I still enjoy a tobacco now and then, but I really don't like custards.

I guess I do have some experience, as from early on I've been mixing pre-mixed juices together to nudge them in a more palatable direction. I have always resisted DIY as I know myself, and I don't do anything by halves, and that once I started I would end up with shelves full of concentrates and equipment, and I would be spending hours of my life trying to perfect recipes that, in my eyes, could always be improved upon.

Then it happened! I won some Hiliq concentrates in a competition, and my fate was sealed!

This thread is intended to journal my dabbling into DIY. I will post my recipes. I will post recipes by others that I have tried and consider worth mixing. I will post both my notes on flavour concentrates, and the notes of others when I find them. I will also post any hints and tips I find along the way.

I will probably have many questions too!

Don't expect this thread to move quickly, as I am a bit of a perfectionist, and won't post anything until I'm happy with it. I encourage any general DIY chat, and will appreciate any hints and tips you think might come in useful.

I'd love any feedback on my recipes from anyone willing to give them a try. I take criticism well, so don't be afraid to be blunt.

Maria, margyb, btobw and 5 others like this.
  2. laurie9300

Flavour Notes

Cappella

Blueberry Jam -
    Recommended single flavour mix at 8%
    Average mixing quantity: 4%

Fabulous blueberry flavour that is lifted with the sweetness added giving an almost candy like finished flavour to it. I like blueberry vapes but some can be a bit bitter, this is a really good one if you have a sweet tooth.

Double Chocolate (Dark) -
    Recommended single flavour mix at 15%
    Average mixing quantity: 5%

- A very strong, dark and rich chocolate flavour. In a recipe it can easily overpower other flavours . Use at >2% with other flavours.

Glazed Doughnut -

- Disappointing, virtually no doughnut at all, just the sweet icing. Some report a plastic "play doh" flavour at higher percentages that goes away after steeping.

Juicy Orange -
    Recommended single flavour mix at 7.5%
    Average mixing quantity: 4.5%

Sweet Cream -
    Recommended single flavour mix at 7%
    Average mixing quantity: 2.5%

(DIYORDIE) - When thinking of a sweet cream you're expecting a nice milk flavor, with a touch of weight to it, infused with a shit load of white sugar. Almost like the creamer they use at dunkin donuts. With this flavor you are almost there, but it disappointingly lacks on the cream aspect. What you end up getting is some sort of watered down version of TFA's version. This may be because the lack of DA/AP, or it may be that I received a bad batch, or it may be the flavor itself. I'm going to choose the latter. It's not a terrible flavor though, and if it's all you can get or all you have, than you can make do if you incorporate it with other flavorings.

Sweet Strawberry -
    Recommended single flavour mix at 11%
    Average mixing quantity: 6%

(DIYORDIE) - An artificial strawberry flavor. I like to think of it like the sweet strawberry syrup by Hershey's. This candy flavor profile is the reason why so many people enjoy using it. It has a ton of sweetness along with it, and a much different sweetness than TFA Straw Ripe. This is as if it has an inherent sweetness, meaning it's sweet because it was made to be. It doesn't have that white sugar, sucralose type sweetness that comes with Straw Ripe. There is nothing "authentic" about this flavoring. There are no subtleties. It's just BAM, candy strawberry. It does have a very small amount of depth to it where you get a little fullness from it. It's not completely linear. Though, much more simple than the other strawberries.

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream -
    Recommended single flavour mix at 9%
    Average mixing quantity: 2%

(FunkyKomadina88) - a nice creamy vanilla. Pretty good on its own, better in a mix. Not a really strong vanilla, and the bean note shouldn't be overlooked when mixing. It's not straight up vanilla ice cream.
    -This flavor mutes milder flavors over time at higher %. It's milder when mixed and it gets stronger as it steeps. For future mixes start @ 2% with .75 FA Cream Fresh and add extra Vanilla to backup the weak vanilla note.
    - Some people have noticed a strong peppery taste.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
    Catweazle, Judith and rupert like this.
  3. laurie9300

Flavour Notes

FlavourArt

Bilberry -
    Recommended single flavour mix at 1.3%

(HIC) - This is fresh-picked Bilberry flavor - European blueberries. They are more flavorful, a bit "darker" and "wilder" tasting than cultivated American blueberries - and a little more tart. Bilberry is a very popular flavor in Europe, not too common in the U.S. Real blueberries taste bland and watery when compared to bilberries.
    This is a flavor that stands out in recipes. It will overpower weak fruit flavors, but it's a perfect one to use with other dark fruits and berries, like Black Cherry, Pomegranate, and Blackcurrant.
    Use a very light touch (try 0.5% first) in bakery recipes to add blueberry flavor.
    Extra tasty with raspberry (many European candies use the two together). This combination is great with Black Tea.
    Try with FA Brandy for liqueur flavor - or with Red Wine in a baked-fruit-dessert recipe.
    (over 3.5 or 4% this flavoring is not pleasant - keep it low for delicious results)

Cola -
    Recommended single flavour mix at 3%

(HIC) - This is great Coke flavor. It requires NO steep at all and does not change flavor or 'go flat' over time. It's a totally clear, uncolored flavoring that vapes extremely clean and tastes great by itself. It even gives you a bubbly, carbonated effect, easiest to notice if you use some PG in your nic base.4% FA Cola with 2% FA Black Cherry is the perfect Cherry Coke. For ice in your Coke, add a little TFA Koolada.

Cookie -
    Recommended single flavour mix at 4%

(HIC) - Very versatile flavoring! This cookie flavoring has no diketone ingredients, which sets it apart from others. This is a very neutral, mildly sweet cookie base. There are no spices, vanilla, or other flavors to interfere with your additions. It can be used standalone (some like it that way), as a cookie base, or to add bakery effects to recipes. It adds rich, warm, mildly sweet, baked flavor. If you're making a cookie recipe with bold flavors, start with 1.5 - 2% Cookie. Add Anise, Almond, perhaps a little Marzipan for a very traditional, crunchy Italian cookie flavor. Or add your favorite nuts and fruits flavor to that for biscotti variations (Cherry-Almond, Orange-Nut Mix, Lemon-Almond, etc.). Try with two widely-contrasting flavors, like Coconut-Bilberry. Including a hint of Anise in biscotti always adds an authentic Italian touch.For smooth, sweet, rich cookies, begin with 1-1.5% Cookie and 0.5% Vienna Cream, then add your flavors. For an even sweeter start, include a little Butterscotch - even <0.25% will sweeten enough to stand up to the boldest flavor additions (like Espresso, Hazelnut, Brandy, or strong spices).

Fresh Cream -
    Recommended single flavour mix at 3.5%
    Average mixing quantity: 1.5%

(HIC) - One of FlavourArt’s most useful flavors. I think every DIY'er needs this one!It's just fresh cream - no sweetener, no vanilla, no other flavors you might not want - and none of the chemical, plastic, or fake flavor that some other brands have.Use it from less than 1% up to 2% in any recipe for creamier, smoother flavor. Excellent with coffees and other beverages, fruits, bakery flavors, mints, creamy desserts, the cream in cocktail recipes, even to mellow a harsh tobacco. Remember you other flavors must provide the sweetness. If FlavourArt has a single most-useful flavoring for all DIY'ers, this is it.

Fuji -

- Fresh, crisp apple flavor - exceptional fresh fruit flavor - one of FA’s very best flavors. Fuji is a prominent flavor that stands out in mixes more than FA Apple. If you want apple juice, mild baked apples, or apple sauce sweetness, you want Apple (instead of or in addition to Fuji). Fuji is between red and green apple flavor; it can be edged in either direction by other flavors in your recipe.
    - Tends to lose its flavour over time, so if you intend to steep, aim high!

Joy -
    Recommended single flavour mix at 2%
    Average mixing quantity: 1%

(HIC) - If you're familiar with funnel cakes, imagine sugar-sprinkled funnel cakes sent on a trip through the cotton candy machine. That's this flavor. I taste zero difference in this fresh-mixed and steeped for 4 days.

You'll immediately recognize the cotton candy flavor as part of Joy. But FA's is a big improvement over plain ethyl maltol. The more you vape it, the more impressive it gets. By adding the fried-sweet-bakery flavor (like funnel cakes) and a little super-sweet vanilla, FA has made this into a very appealing standalone vape. 3% in max-VG is sweet awesomeness; 2% is danged good; over 3% is cloying to me.

Most brands’ Cotton Candy flavors fade in sweetness at the end of an exhale or include a fake-chemical flavor right at the end. FA fixed all that in their version, so it's sweet from the moment vapor hits your tongue all the way through the end of an exhale. This cotton candy is delicious all by itself, not just made to be a sweetener. Of course, that's how I'll try it next, as a sweetener. I expect Joy will show up as in ingredient in LOTS of sweet recipes. It's sure to be in mine.

Everyone DIYer who likes sweet flavors needs this one. Vape it standalone, then add a touch of your favorite fruit (or spice - Cinnamon Ceylon is good with it), then see how it works in your recipes. Try it as a sweetener for strong fruit flavors and bakery recipes.

p.s. - I saw a description saying Joy has the flavors of apple, toffee, and popcorn. Nope! (and thank goodness) If you've had funnel cakes and had cotton candy, I think you'll agree with my description.

p.p.s - yes, it makes Cinnamon Ceylon taste sweet, and it emphasizes subtle spice flavors in a recipe

Lemon Sicily -
    Recommended single flavour mix at 5%

(HIC) - This is Limoncello lemon liqueur, or an Italian ice flavor. It’s lemon flavoring that can be enjoyed all by itself - fresh, crisp, bright, a little sweet. It’s not candy-sweet, not sour or bitter, not harsh, not floral or chemical tasting. Add your favorite fruit flavor to 3-4% Lemon Sicily for flavored lemonade, maybe with a little TFA Koolada for the cool effect. Add 1% Lemon Sicily to fruity mixes to help separate the flavors and brighten the overall vape. Mixes perfectly with FA Custard for creamier, sweeter lemon flavor.

Lime Cold-Pressed -
    Recommended single flavour mix at 2.5%
    Average mixing quantity: 1%

(HIC) - FA has two lime flavors, quite different. This one is fresh, unsweetened lime juice -refreshing, tart, and realistic. If you're making a limeade vape, start here.If you're adding a little lime juice to a recipe, start with 0.5%. This is a prominent flavor in recipes; give it a day or two to age it will mellow substantially, especially used at small amounts.

For zestier Key lime flavor, or in cocktail vapes for juice-and-a-twist, try Lime Cold-Pressed with a little Lime Tahiti added.

Mandarin -

(HIC) - Like a fresh mandarin tangerine, not the canned ones floating in bland syrup. If you prefer a 'Cutie' to a navel orange, you'll like this flavor. It mixes great with Fresh Cream, Vanilla Classic, Vanilla Tahiti, and/or Custard to make Creamsicle type flavors. Try it in place of Orange or as an accent for Orange in any recipe to add interest. It will sometimes taste like orange zest if used as a tiny accent for other citrus flavors.

Marshmallow -
    Recommended single flavour mix at 10%
    Average mixing quantity: 1.8%

(HIC) - Plain marshmallow candy flavor with a little vanilla. This isn’t toasted or fruity, just plain sweet ‘mallow. Use it to smooth and sweeten edgy flavors, to sweeten Fresh Cream, to lighten the caramel bit of Meringue, or as a general sweetener. Around 2% you’ll detect some sharp flavor that you probably don’t want from a marshmallow flavor, so I generally use no more than that in recipes. Really good in candy flavors to add an impression of creaminess, extra body and vapor.

Meringue -

(HIC) - Since mid-2014 or so, new batches of this flavor taste like well-baked, caramelized meringue from the top of a meringue pie. (It was previously like crisp, airy, white meringue cookies that dissolve in your mouth). Beware mixing Meringue with subtle fruit flavors, which it can overwhelm. In recipes with nut flavors, strong spices, and some coffee recipes, Meringue is an ideal sweetener.

Nut Mix -
    Average mixing quantity: 1.2%

(HIC) - This is not quite as potent as Hazelnut, but it's still quite strong. It's a little sweeter than Hazelnut, especially if you exhale sharply. The slower you exhale, the drier it tastes. Try and you'll see what I mean.Hazelnut and walnut are here, perhaps with a little almond. A combination of FA Hazelnut and FA Walnut tastes similar to Nut Mix. This is the right FA nut for nutty tobaccos.Nut Mix is easier to mix with than plain Hazelnut and more interesting than plain Walnut. Try it in candy bar recipes with butterscotch, caramel, cocoa, chocolate, nougat, a little fresh cream. It's awesome in Torrone, very authentic Italian candy flavor. A little Maple Syrup or very small amount of FA Honey make great sweeteners for it. If you like nuts, you'll use this often. If you strongly dislike hazelnuts, skip it.

Pear -

(HIC) - Fresh pear flavor, sweet and a little creamy. Pear can be used as an alternative to Sucralose-type sweeteners, especially nice with less-sweet fruit flavors and bakery recipes.

Vienna Cream -

(HIC) - Probably the richest, creamiest, no-diketone sweet cream out there. It’s sweet and creamy with a hint of vanilla when used 3-4% or less. Over 3-4% will give you a sharp flavor that few find appealing.

This tastes similar to the filling in Boston cream pie. Vienna Cream is closer to what most Americans consider custard than FA's Custard flavor is.If you add a little nutmeg flavor (rum optional) it’s excellent eggnog.

Vienna Cream is a good start for ice cream flavors.It blends perfectly with and smooths out bakery recipes. It tames the strong flavors of FA Tiramisu, for example, and makes FA Cookie 'softer' and sweeter.

4. laurie9300

Flavour Notes

Flavour West

Yellow Cake -
    Recommended single flavour mix at 6.5%
    Average mixing quantity: 3%

(DIYORDIE)The flavor on this is simple. It has this cakey, sweet, fluffiness, that sits on your tongue exactly as a piece of yellow cake would. It's actually really impressive, and 100% my favorite of the bunch. The main aspect of yellow cake is the sweetness, and this flavoring has it. It's not as sweet as I want it to be, but that's just because it's mimicking the sweetness of a real yellow cake, where the sweetness is quite inherent and subtle. This is yellow cake at its best, and I have yet to find another flavoring to hit the mark as closely.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    Catweazle and rupert like this.
  5. laurie9300

Flavour Notes

Inawara

Banana -

- Authentic ripe banana, with a touch of banana lolly.

Biscuit -

(FunkyKomadina88) - Mild very slight sharpish but not quite spicy or sweet - almost incense taste on inhale and a warm bakery/buttery after taste on exhale. Taste on the draw, not notable, the exhale/after taste gives this overall vape a good to better than good rating. As a standalone this is unique, In a mix, almost guaranteed to be a good one if it can standout and become a main with other flavors.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
  6. laurie9300

Flavour Notes

The Flavour Apprentice

Banana Cream -

(DIYORDIE) - Banana is the main note here. The banana, as stated above, is not that runty candy banana flavor that is so prominent in the DIY flavoring industry. IT's more creamy, and much more authentic. It is, in my opinion, the most realistic banana flavoring available. Just calling it banana would suffice. You get banana up front, followed by vanilla, dairy, whipped cream, and a touch of butter, all sweetened with sucralose. Those dairy and creamy notes is really what gives this flavoring that authentic "texture".

Bavarian Cream -
    Average mixing quantity: 3.5%

- From TFA website:
    A warm, creamy, vanilla flavor. Try blending with coffee, fruit, or nut flavors!

(arcadevapors) - creamy, milky, sweet, hint of vanilla, hint of maple, caramel, bready at higher percentages.
    full flavor, but not a very strong flavor, even at 15%
    on the custardy side of the creams without the egginess and custard notes
    good in coffee, chocolate, tobacco, strawberry, peach
    Best for mixing in tobacco recipe
    Good for smoothing out mixes, use sparingly
    'ok' when mixed sparingly with caramel type flavours
    Favourite mixer this one, good for adding sweetness and creaminess to just about anything.
    Either a stand alone flavour, or good mixed in with other flavours
    15% had funny taste, after a few days it's really delicious, creamy, and rich
    Good for adding to tobaccos and other juices, start low 'tis strong
    Good sweetener adds a bit of creaminess to various mixes, especially vanilla tobacco mix. Usually only mix at 4%.
    Mix it with tobacco flavors, effect is yummy.
    Lovely deep flavour, great to boost many mixes
    7% with Tobacco to even out rough edges
    Nice flavour very creamy taste excellent with strawberry

Belgian Waffle -
    Recommended single flavour mix at 11%
    Average mixing quantity: 6%

- lots of "bakery" flavour, really nice on its own. Buttery and cakey, a little bit of maple and cinnamon in there.

Blueberry Wild -
    Recommended single flavour mix at 10%
    Average mixing quantity: 5.5%

Light and fluffy, sweet, and fairly authentic blueberry taste. Not tart. Almost feels powdery on the tongue. May seem perfumey at higher percentages, typically goes away after a 2-3 day steep.
    Very smooth almost no throat hit.
    Used in recipes as high as 8-10% without muting or over-powering, but can attain desired flavor at 3-4%. Can easily be over-powered by stronger fruit concentrates.

Butterscotch -
    Recommended single flavour mix at 11.5%

- My test batch at 5% was way too strong. It has a stronger and sharper flavour than caramel, a little bitter, like burnt caramel. It tends to stick to the inside of your mouth and has a strong, lingering aftertaste. In a recipe it can easily overpower other flavours. Use at >0.5% with other flavours.

Caramel (Original) -

- Richer than caramel with a toasty, maple, brown sugar flavour

Cheesecake (Graham Crust) -
    Recommended single flavour mix at 6%

(DIYORDIE) - Creamy and rich cheesecake with a graham cracker cookie flavor on the end. Notes of dairy, vanilla, cookie, hazelnut are all prominent, with this touch of coconut that really helps this flavor attain the body that makes it special. When mixed, you can completely turn this flavoring into anything you want. Mixing in bakeries really allows this flavor to take on any pie, cookie, cake, you want it to. As long as it's used correctly. All lending it's rich, thick, and creamy profiles to the entire recipe. Unfortunately, it's not good enough to be a solo. There's not enough rich vanilla or flavor to really want to use as solo, also too much concentration will really bring out that odd coconut flavor. Which sounds like it would be good, but the coconut isn't fully fleshed out. In all the flavor is a great support.

Cinamon Danish -

Fairly mild, but true, cinnamon roll flavor. Inhale faintly buttery, warm, with authentic yeasted dough on exhale that is rounded off w/ warm, woody, lightly spiced bakery cinnamon. Not obscured by sweetness. Adds a nice creaminess to the flavor without overpowering it. Also isn't to overpowering with the cinnamon flavor, theres just a hint of cinnamon.

Dulce de Leche -

(Vapequeen214) - Awesome flavor, it can help round out dessert blends that are lacking depth. Its slightly sweet and milky on the inhale, and the exhale is similar to a light graham cracker flavor. Makes an amazing custard, and can add a slight bakery note to dessert flavors or coffees. I've only tried FW's version once before, but from what I can remember, TFA's version is much better. I use this flavor at anywhere from 2% as a accent flavor, to 8% as more of a base flavor.
    - to me, this is a mild milky creamy chocolate flavour.

English Toffee -
    Recommended single flavour mix at 9%

- Quite a mild, buttery smooth caramel toffee flavour. Similar to Toasted Marshmallow. Some report a "cheesy" taste after steeping.

French Vanilla -

- A sweet and smooth flavour that is reminiscent of the ice-cream. It gives a nice body to recipes that have sweet flavours however at strengths around 10% or higher it can be a little overpowering and will most likely crowd out other more delicate flavours. It's full taste and smooth finish can be deceptive in that some users may want to make it strong since Vanilla flavours tend to be delicate and gentle. This is a flavour that's not exceptionally delicate though as it is a very well-rounded flavour that has a smooth feeling and enough sweetness that it can be a good flavour to use on it's own or in recipes. This can add body and augment flavours that are sweet and sometimes spicy.

Frosted Doughnut -
    Recommended single flavour mix at 15%
    Average mixing quantity: 4.5%

- Not a lot of doughnut, but more than in (CAP) Glazed Doughnut. Definitely tasting the frosting.

Graham Cracker -
    Recommended single flavour mix at 8.5%

- It is very vanilla and butter with a light touch of nut flavor (taken from TFA website).
    - A great biscuit/crust type flavour. Savoury, a little bit spicy (like cinnamon/nutmeg but not). Wheaton biscuit? A little bit smoky even?
    (DIYORDIE) - The flavor profile of this is a crispy, slightly nutty, a bit of cinnamon, sugary graham cracker flavor. But this is tasting it out of the bottle. When in vapor, you get those notes but in a very muddled way. It's completely a base note, and I almost never taste this flavoring on the nose. Anytime I taste this stuff it's in the back of the palate usually hidden under more prominent bakeries or creams. One thing I do like about this flavor is it's texture. It really does add a nice crispy cookie feeling to your flavors, though subtle. This texture is the flavorings best quality, and I feel if the flavor was just a bit more...flavorful, it'd be one of the flavorings I'd use the most. Having a thick, crunchy, graham cracker flavor is all I want right now, and unfortunately this flavoring falls short.

Whipped Cream -

Sweet, airy, slight creaminess at 2%, a little heavier with some milkiness and maybe a hint of butter at 5% but still overall it's a pretty airy standalone vape even at 5%. Maybe a tiny bit of cheesiness on the exhale at 5%, but to me, it's negligible and probably wouldn't be present with other flavors added to it. Good for fluffing up a heavier cream, or adding milkiness to a cereal recipe. Most recipes may need another cream to help thicken or round out the flavor.

Catweazle likes this.
  7. laurie9300

Flavour Notes

The Juice Factory

Black and Mild -
    Recommended single flavour mix at 2.5%

- This has to be one of the best tobacco flavours I have tried. It has no extra flavours in it, no caramel or chocolate, no perfume, no herb or earthy notes. Just smoke in a bottle, this will be an excellent concentrate to add your own flavours to.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    Catweazle likes this.
  8. laurie9300

Reserved for other brands

9. laurie9300

Tips & Tricks

Get to know Your Flavours!
    Before using them in a recipe, try mixing up a small batch (5 - 10mls) of each concentrate as a single flavour at the recommended percentage. Tasting them "stand alone", will give you an idea of how strong the concentrates are, and what they can bring to your recipe.

Keep Thorough Records.
    When working on a recipe, it is important to keep a record of every version. You never know when you may need to take one or two steps back, if you have made a wrong turn. After every change, I write out the recipe that I have mixed, then take notes on the flavour, and any changes that I think it may need.

I also recommend keeping notes on your single flavours, with your thoughts on recommended percentages. These notes can be added to, as you use these flavours in recipes. Make notes on what flavours work well together, in what percentages, and those that don't!

Mixing with Strong Concentrates, at Low Percentages.
    If find yourself in a situation, as I did, where a concentrate is so strong it becomes impossible to accurately measure small amounts, you can file it with PG. For example, mix the concentrate 50/50, ensure it is mixed well, then double the percentage required in the recipe.

Only Make One Change at a Time.
    When you are working on a recipe, I recommend changing only one element at a time. Flavours are strange animals, each interacting with another. If you change to many things at once, you can lose your way and the outcome can be undesirable. Time and patience is required.

You can Make Your Own Concentrates!
    If you make a recipe you really like, say a nice ice cream, that can be adapted for different flavours, like chocolate, strawberry or raspberry etc, you can make a bottle of the base concentrate. All the creams and vanillas etc, in the right percentages. Then take note of the total percentage. You can then use this concentrate to quickly mix up batches with different flavours. This technique can be applied to many base flavours.

Mixing By Weight.
    If you want an easy, no fuss way to mix, with little clean up, try mixing by weight!
    How to Mix E-liquid by Weight

Get a Good Calculator!
    A good e-liquid calculator is a must! There are plenty to choose from. eJuice Me Up is popular, but I have been using E-Juice Lab on my Android tablet.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2016
    Catweazle and Judith like this.
  10. laurie9300

Catweazle likes this.
  11. laurie9300

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    Catweazle likes this.
  12. laurie9300

Reserved

13. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Welcome to the dark side!!!

Im really glad someone else will start to post in this section of the forum!
    I look forward to your concoctions mate :)

[​IMG]

emu and laurie9300 like this.
  14. laurie9300

My first recipe has come about because of a friend. He has become addicted to a U.S. e-liquid, and is sending himself broke shipping it in.

I started with the juice description.............

While the aroma is reminiscent of a black & mild, with a hint of s’more, the flavor is something a bit different, and very unique. Imagine eating a s’more covered in whipped cream, just after taking a puff of the finest quality pipe tobacco.

TOBACCO,MARSHMALLOW,CARAMEL
    CHOCOLATE,GRAHAM,CREAM

................so I ordered in............

JF - Black and Mild
    FA - Marshmallow
    TFA - Graham Cracker
    TFA - Caramel
    CAP - Double Chocolate
    FA - Fresh Cream

I then mixed up 5ml batches of all theses flavours, to get to know them better. I was soon sure that all the flavours were right, except for the caramel, and the marshmallow. So I consulted Google, and found out that TFA - Toasted Marshmallow is actually a caramel type flavour, and yep, once I tried it, it was in.

I then went through about 6 versions, all in 10ml batches, until I was pretty close, but there was something missing? The original had a sharper "toffee" type flavour that just peeked out every now and then, so I ordered TFA - English Toffee, and TFA - Butterscotch.

Again after making them up as single flavours, I was sure Butterscotch was the one! But after adding it in, it threw out the balance of all the other flavours. It took another 4 versions to get it back to were it is now, it's still not an exact copy, but I'm very happy with it.

Toffacco by laurie9300

(TFA) Graham Cracker 4%
    (JF) Black & Mild 4%
    (TFA) Toasted Marshmallow 4%
    (TFA) Double Chocolate 0.5%
    (FA) Fresh Cream 2%
    (TFA) Butterscotch 0.2%

Catweazle, Judith, embee and 2 others like this.
  15. laurie9300

I realy loved Charlie Noble's Good Cookie, so I wanted to make something like it. After trying a few different angles, I stumbled upon this. It's going in the right direction, it's not too close, but very delicious! I've saved it as a permanent recipe, but I will keep tweeking it to try and get closer to Good Cookie.

If you think you would like a super sweet and creamy choc chip cookie, try this!

Cookie de Leche - by laurie9300

(INW) Biscuit 2%
    (FA) Cookie 2%
    (FW) Sugar Cookie 2%
    (TFA) Pie Crust 1%
    (CAP) Sweet Cream 3%
    (TFA) Dulce de Leche 4%

16. laurie9300

This is the first recipe I tried, that I knew straight away I could mix a big bottle, and not regret it!

Strawberry Shortcake Bar
    by NotCharlesManson.

(TFA) Bavarian Cream 3%
    (INW) Biscuit 2%
    (FW) Cake (Yellow) 1.5%
    (TFA) Cheesecake (Graham Crust) 1.5%
    (TFA) Strawberry (Ripe) 6%
    (TFA) Strawberry 1.5%
    (CAP) Sugar Cookie 2%
    (TFA) Vanilla Swirl 2%

Catweazle, rupert and Judith like this.
  17. laurie9300

Love Jaffas? This is for you!

Choc Orange By Trizzle

(TFA) Double Chocolate (Clear) 5%
    (TFA) Orange Cream 6.5%
    (CAP) Sweet Cream 3.5%
    (TFA) Sweetener (Sucralose) 1.5%

It's a little dark (as in flavour) for me, I'm going to try a milk chocolate variation.

18. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Im making this tomorrow :)

laurie9300 likes this.
  19. Andrew Parker

Andrew Parker Senior Member

Great idea, I'll be following this thread too. Finding HIC early on should help a lot. I hope you'll post a few of your 'mistakes' too so we can all learn from them!

rupert and laurie9300 like this.
  20. Catweazle

Catweazle Minion

Maria, Judith, Andrew Parker and 2 others like this.