Math needed for DIY Nubee

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by breatheazier, Dec 28, 2017.

1. breatheazier

breatheazier New Member

Hi All, could i get someone to explain the ratio needed to achieve a 12mg nicotine hit using a smok v8. i want to purchase 100mg/ml unflavoured nicotine (not sure if i get this with PG or VG?), i don't want to use any flavouring at this present time. i am a smoker and i am making the change to vapour, although this process is very confusing. i will be using a 50ml bottle to make my mix, also i would like if some one could explain what the difference is between PG and VG. if i purchase my unflavoured nic in PG would i use VG for the remaining mix? or vice versa and could someone tell me what a doubler is (i am an ancient one).

2. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

Hi there @breatheazier and welcome to the Cafe!

1. It is preferable to buy your nicotine in PG as it stores better.

2. Working with 100mg/ml is easy, for 12mg you need 1.2ml per 10ml. So for 50ml it's 1.2 x 5 = 6ml.

3. You will need both plain PG & VG to make up the rest of your liquid.

4. PG is thinner than VG, so you need both to adjust the viscosity or thickness of your liquid. It is also the flavour carrier in your juice.

5. VG is thicker than PG, it also creates most of the visible vapour, and is quite sweet.

6. There are plenty of online calculators to help you calculate the correct proportion for the ingredients in your liquid.

7. Doubler is a mix of flavour concentrates, PG & VG at double the concentration of the finished mix. This allows for the addition of PG, VG and nicotine to make a finished "ready to vape" e-liquid.

DogMan, Noe, Pippi and 1 other person like this.
  3. breatheazier

breatheazier New Member

Thanks laurie 9300 :)

laurie9300 likes this.