1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Mech Users Unite!

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by DogMan, Jun 3, 2015.

1. DogMan

DogMan Butler

Not an all encompassing thread, please, if you have a new topic, start a new thread. Super threads are not n00b friendly environments.

Do you still use a mech? I do. Temp control be damned, you don't burn wicks on squonkers anyway.

I like the simplicity. You press the buttom, it fires... you don't press it, nothing happens. Other than ohm's law that is the only instruction required.

I actually have a tube mod coming to change it up a bit. Not so long ago, in another place, I started a box mod fan boy thread when we were a minority.

Browny and Angela like this.
  2. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I still use my Stingray X, on occasions my other 5 mechs just sit there looking at me forlornly.
    What made the big difference to me was using dual 18650 box mods, 2 batts last 4 times as long in run time as 1 does, so per batt that's double the run time.
    Single 18650 boxes run batts about the same time as a mech, so there isn't a lot of benefit there except controlling the wattage & perhaps some added protections.
    When you use a dual batt box though, you're increasing your batt's overall life expectancy, by about double, since you are recharge about 50% less often & batts only have a set number of charge cycles.

So it works out more cost effective, long term, using a dual batt box mod.
    I still like mechs, they're simplistic & will outlast electronic devices, though I find myself more & more not using my mechs.

Aussie and DogMan like this.
  3. Pufnstuf

Pufnstuf Carto Connoisseur

I still use mech's (mainly tube) every day.
    I did use to use them with kicks and carto tanks but now I use them as a straight mech mostly in 18350 mode.
    The only non mech that I use on a regular basis is a provari with carto tanks.

Northerner likes this.
  4. DogMan

DogMan Butler

i don't own a regulated mod anymore. only non-mech i have is a MOSFET box

5. DogMan

DogMan Butler

one of my next two mods is a dual 18650 mech. looking forward to it

6. pies

pies New Member

I've got a dual parallel squonk box from deathware and a Dimitri clone. I love them! The ipv3 is good, but I prefer my mechs to be honest.

DogMan likes this.
  7. Darkhorse

Darkhorse Member

I haven't owned a regulated device since my ego twist, so it has been mechs exclusively for a while. Also a mosfet box but thats still not a regulated device, so I consider myself a pure mech user... for now.

The thing is a bunch of people around me are using ipvthingies and sigelei whatsidos with all the buttons and the screens and the hoohah. I know what im doing and until recently was comfortable in the knowledge that my vapes were better than theirs and I wasn't missing out on anything.

Then I put my 0.3 ohm goliath build on a mates sigelei 100 and cranked it up. That day I had been running it on a tube mod, and it was going fine, but the sig put it to SHAME. It still works great on a parallel box but now I want that ability to dial in my vape exactly right at the click of a button. I realise I could rebuild the goliath in such a way to outperform most regulated devices but to do that you have to sail pretty close to the wind.

So yeah, I haven't decided which yet but there's a high power regulated device coming to a vape mail on my desk soon. I also grabbed a smowell 65 because it was cheap and dual battery and a second generation device, and it fires down to 0.3 so it should be tolerable.

I think the tipping point was when regulated devices started being capable of firing below 0.2 ohms. Suddenly the advantage of mechs over regulated devices wasn't as significant as before, now the limits of your batteries mean to compete with the latest regulated devices in terms of raw power output you are looking at quad boxes and other ridiculous huge things.

The question is, which reasonably priced 100w+ regulated device is the best? I am on the fence about the latest biggest sigelei or the ipv4

Thoughts?

Aussie likes this.
  8. Noe

Sigelei by far.

Aussie likes this.
  9. pies

pies New Member

My ipv3 is held together with electrical tape. It hasn't missed a beat since I got it. Sigelis are good too.

10. DogMan

DogMan Butler

i've got a parallel dw box in the making, to tide me over until the lipo tmods are finished prototyping

11. DogMan

DogMan Butler

lots of asploding ipv on reddit lately

12. DaveJ

DaveJ I Vape

Awww don't say that.... I've got an IPV3... :(

13. Noe

Yep I think Sigelei are better built boxes, designed to last longer.

14. DogMan

DogMan Butler

if people didn't turn my mech thread, in the mech forum, into a regulated thread, i wouldn't

15. DaveJ

DaveJ I Vape

Sorry Doggie. Didn't realise you were talking about a mech above, when you referred to asploding ipvs.

Noe likes this.
  16. DogMan

DogMan Butler

i was, you said "don't say that", i said "i wouldn't if.."

seriously, start a thread in the regulated room

17. Noe

It's how these threads sometimes go Doggie, you start with an idea, plan it out, see a bright picture of how it will turn out & then :banghead: BAM derailment !

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

18. Angela

Angela ...

Guys, stick to discussion of mech mods please. :Smilenew:

DogMan likes this.
  19. DogMan

DogMan Butler

Thanks lovely

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Angela likes this.
  20. Sean

Sean Pommie Git

I have 3 or 4 mechs, none of them anything special. They're just back ups for me. I much prefer to use (content deleted due to not wanting to face the awesome doggie wrath).

:D

Catweazle and DogMan like this.