1. Call to Action! Vapers, please submit your story to the Federal Inquiry into Ecigs by July 6th, and let's get nicotine legalised: Submit Here

For help with your submission please read This Guide

Dismiss Notice

Mech Users Unite!

Discussion in 'Mechanical' started by DogMan, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Big O

Big O Member

Im looking for a new mech mod, preferably something with a volt meter cause im lazy and use it for work and cbf getting the voltmeter out. Anything you can recommend? Im using the aspire cf sub ohm atm, but wanting a box. Can any of you mech heads recommend one thats not timber? Not chasing a hacked up coffee table leg. Prefer local too as I work away and aint home much so wou,d rather it be here for my rnr n not wait 4 weeks.

2. James

James Senior Member

I quite enjoy my daily dose of mech goodness

Got 2 smpl clones and I have considered getting a box, just not sure which and don't have the cash for a 'fancy' Hammond box... Lol

3. Browny

Browny Senior Member

I got a cheap sigelei tube mech ages ago from HC but the top cap spring tried to bend and short so it got ordered to the box of no, the side button was handy for sitting on the bench/table without locking though. Now I only use a Stingray clone bought from Vaphilia a fair few months back and it's worked flawlessly since I got it, still use it in 18350 with the KFL+, best combo I've had yet for ease of use.
    Technically I have another, the avatar pic, few hours with nothing but a dremel and a cordless drill and I made a hard wood mech box.

I don't think anything will ever compete with the mech's and they make you think about what your doing not only for the safety but to get it 'just right'. Plus who doesn't love old school.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
    Pipesub, Pufnstuf and DogMan like this.
  4. Catweazle

Catweazle Minion

Judith likes this.
  5. Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas Senior Member

I finally did it! I bit the bullet and ventured into mechanical mods. Got myself an Akuma clone from victory vape.
    I researched the interweb and watched you tube vids and made sure i completely understood ohms law, resistance, amps, watts, volts, builds, voltage drop, battery ratings and everything in between. Completely did my head in. Cracked the shits and went to bed thinking i have no idea what im doing.
    Woke up the next morning.
    Got a piece of paper and wrote down everything i thought i know.
    Researched again and watched a video, that i had watched the night before and then BOOM!
    The penny dropped, and i instantly had a moment. I had retained all the information from the night before, and i was doing all my calculations correctly.
    I was so happy. I was no longer confused.
    I messaged an online friend to confirm my calculations and thought process was 100% correct and it was.
    So putting safety first, i built a dual coil build at .45ohms, 11 wraps of 24g kanthal with a 2mm inner diameter. Put it into my cloudchasers inc. ARCHON RDA. Tested it on my ohms reader, then my reg mod, then my ohms reader, then my reg mod. All good. Vaped it on my reg mod. All good.
    Checked it on ohms reader again.
    Put a fresh 4.2v samsung 25r 18650 25 continuous amp discharge battery into my Akuma. Checked for battery rattle. Fixed it up.
    Checked my connection pin on my RDA was protruding. Screwed it all together and had myself my very first mech mod vape.
    I know .45ohms is a very safe build and after using it i now know i can build a lot lower safely. But i did want to approach this venture with caution.
    Im happy i did. I have learnt a huge amount and am very happy with the results.
    The Akuma is firing well. I am getting a great vape from it.
    I will build a dual coil setup at about .25 later, which will be well within my battery's safety range and should give me an incredible cloudy vape.

I am a worrier, its in the nature of my brain to worry, and i think i over thought all this too much in an effort to vape safely. But now i have done it, it will all be smooth sailing from here.

I have opened up a new realm of the vaping world.
    Now to go mech mod shopping!

margyb, btobw, emu and 5 others like this.
  6. DogMan

DogMan Butler

mechs rock steve

Steve Thomas, emu and Pippi like this.
  7. Steve Thomas

Yeah i cant put it down. Even at .45 ohms i am loving it. I can tell when i build lower, maybe .25, this thing is going to kick ass.

emu and Pippi like this.
  8. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Having been reinsured by the mechanical side of things, I am thinking of getting an Authentic Noisy Cricket, which is a dual 18650 parallel, hybrid connection.
    Anyone have any experience with this mod?

9. DogMan

DogMan Butler

not first hand, but the switch is reportedly not cut out for a mech, let alone a series mech

rupert likes this.
  10. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

I have read that the switch can be changed 1/1 for a SMPL switch, which can handle the current?

DogMan likes this.
  11. pcan68

pcan68 Member Vendor

Mech, Mech, Mech and Mech what else can I say, not used a regulated mod for over 12 months. .6 - .7 ohm single coil with cotton, no fall off in flavour or clouds the whole day through. Origen Little smashes the flavour and clouds, oh and of course I should say Mech Squonk! :)

Steve Thomas and DogMan like this.
  12. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Im yet to hop on the squonker train :) I would like to try it, as am pretty exclusively a dripper now, but haven't had the chance yet.

DogMan likes this.
  13. Steve Thomas

VAPERZ CLOUD X1. KABOOM I LOVE THIS THING! yes i was yelling by using big text! Damn this thing is good.

rupert likes this.