Milk Frother/juice mixer

Discussion in 'Juice Chat' started by Pippi, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles Moderator

Decided to give Rupert's mixing method a go, after a little trial and error it works really well.
    I found it is necessary to mix with a up/down motion until the VG is mixed in as my little Frother struggled to start with.
    I normally put all ingredients in a 500ml Pharmacy Bottle and shake it like a mad thing.
    This time I made 2 x 250ml batches in beakers and mixed with the gadget.
    I can see the value of this method as it was so well aerated - heaps of little bubbles.
    Pretty sure it cuts down steeping time if not eliminate the need to steep at all.
    Thanks @rupert
    Before and after mixing

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    Nico and Laughter and rupert like this.
  2. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Awesome @Pippi :) I am glad it worked for you.

I love the beakers and graduated cylinders too!
    Very nice looking setup (similar to my own) :)

margyb and Pippi like this.
  3. Pippi

Those cylinders have changed my mixing life - no need for syringes anymore :)

rupert likes this.
  4. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

You're looking more and more like a crazy chemist yourself with all of that kit! :)

sirfoxey, margyb and Pippi like this.
  5. Pippi

Might look like it but the truth is I make one single flavour juice in lge batches for me and a couple of friends that have the same simple taste as me.
    I have spent a small fortune on concentrates in the last year and they are taking up space in the fridge, The only time I deviate from my ADV is for a peach flavour or Blacknote.
    Definitely not a mixologist like you or Noe ;)
    Not sorry I spent money on mixing gear though - well worth it :)

margyb and rupert like this.
  6. crispernator

crispernator Senior Member

Oh my lordy thats a flashy frother pipi ,ive only got the standard model with plastic handle not a chrome fancy one like that hahahaha. You make pretty large batches i have only attempted 30 ml and i think im doing good

rupert, margyb and Pippi like this.
  7. Pippi

I found that frother in the kitchen drawer, would have been there for at least 6 yrs - I guess it was a gift at some point as it was like brand new and unused.
    And making large batches is easy once you figure out what you love to vape:)

rupert likes this.
  8. crispernator

Hi pippi i am still just mucking about with making things .my favorite brew is one from vapoureys called barathom blood but am trying to find others that can take its place .I definately know i am not a butterscotch person just does not sit right with me so i will endevour to find some other flavor ,i am tooting on a blueberry honeysuckle i made the other day it isnt to bad but has a strange after taste almost like a vegetable taste on exhale ,i feel like i am falling into the trap of the juice utuber which i critiseized the other day for picking every thing out of a flavour .

Pippi likes this.
  9. crispernator

Oh i forgot to mention i bought a set of those the other day unfortunately my 500ml one got smashed and at 10 dollers from china i am hesitant to buy another and see that get clobbered as well by some lazy parcel handler

Pippi likes this.
  10. Steve H

Steve H Member

Where do you get those measured glass tubes and Beakers from as I'm looking to start having a go at mixing my own juices in the near future !

Pippi likes this.
  11. crispernator

Ebay is your friend

12. Pippi

I got the beakers from ebay and they aren't accurate - and the cylinder measuring tubes from a science supply store near my town, they are great and very accurate. I suggest finding a online science supply store if you dont have one near you. There are a couple of good ones. :)

Steve H likes this.
  13. crispernator

Even though i am very new to the self mixing thing i use a syringe for measurements an use the beakers for holding the mix .The cylinders would be good if making a large ammount so as not to have to keep using the syringes but when only making 10 or 30 ml there fine .

Pippi likes this.
  14. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

sciencesupply.com.au

Laboratory grade equipment :)
    Look for:
    -Beakers
    -Graduated Measuring Cylinders.

Pippi, Steve H and Flea like this.