1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Modding an aspire pockex?

Discussion in 'Modding and Technical' started by jonboots, Oct 7, 2017.

1. jonboots

jonboots New Member

Hi guys.

I'm 2 weeks into vaping and currently using a pockex.

I have tried googling for the answer but, haven't had any luck.

My question is,
    Is it possible to fit a bigger tank to the pockex ie, a 4ml maybe?

Thanks.

2. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Paging @Noe - Noe loves the Pockex and will give you a reply when hi comes along JB.

jonboots likes this.
  3. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Never heard of it being done & never thought to try to.
    I guess it could be done but it would be very difficult & thus expensive, you would have to make some kind of chimney extension (it's a dual purpose chimney on the Pockex, combining air intake & vapor channels, so this isn't as simple as it sounds), then you'd need a longer glass tank with the same diameter as the original (this would be rather easy to find or have made but is pointless without the chimney section).
    Fitting an extension from the battery end could possibly be done but this will put the coil higher in the tank & you'd run a big risk of burning your coils, so I don't see how doing it that way would be a good idea.

The short answer is; there is no cheap & simple way of modding the Pockex.
    If you are determined & want to spend more on the modification than you did on the entire Pockex kit, then it is possible but why would you?
    It'd be better to buy a new mod & tank combo, with greater capacity something like the Witcher kit that I reviewed here http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/rofvape-witcher-75w-tc-kit.4421/ would probably be ideal. The tank on that is 4-5ml, has similar airflow & leak free design but has airflow control - making it possibly better for some vapers. The mod is an odd shape but very comfortable to hold, however you can buy the tank & the mod separately so you could match the tank to another mod if you wanted to.
    The advantage of the complete Kit is that it is fairly cheap & certainly cheaper than buying the tank & mod separately, replacement coils for the witcher tank are also very affordable & actually cheaper than the Pockex coils.

jonboots likes this.
  4. Noe

Strange I didn't get an alert from your @Noe ...

Pippi and sirfoxey like this.
  5. sirfoxey

sirfoxey Senior Member

margyb, iamTezr and Pippi like this.
  6. TheBulldog1972

TheBulldog1972 New Member

2 weeks into vaping I wouldn't be Modding.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

jonboots and Noe like this.
  7. Noe

Still not working, doing it multiple times isn't helping, I didn't change any of my settings so IDK why it isn't giving me alerts.

margyb and jonboots like this.
  8. Noe

LOL back in the day, we had no choice it was mod your atty or get terrible vape.
    However the Pockex is 100's of times better than what we had 7yrs ago.

margyb likes this.
  9. sirfoxey

sirfoxey Senior Member

Lucky you are @Noe importance around here.

iamTezr likes this.
  10. Noe

Your quote gives me an alert but not the @Noe & yes, you're right, I am not important :p
    I think @Pippi broke the forum again...

iamTezr and sirfoxey like this.
  11. TheBulldog1972

TheBulldog1972 New Member

I got so many capes it's crazy. I've been vaping for 6 years so I go the simplistic route. Now I've got 3 faves. My Innokin MVP 2.0 X3 plus 3 I clear 30S's for chillin out the my main is an iLeaf 80w with a Uwell 5ml tank which is definitely my fave but yesterday for a pocket vape I bought a Joyetech WE with the Procore SE atomiser which I found is an Aries. Same as me lol. I fill them an vape. Adjust the wattage as I want but I'm not filling them every day neither. I couldn't be bothered making coils and buying wicks so tanks for me are a fill n go. I just wouldn't bother fart arsing around with it all when it's as cheap as it is anyway. I'm not doing tricks or showing off clouds so 5ml tanks like the Uwell Crown or the I clear 30S's are all I need. This lil pocket rocket eVic Primo though hmmm. For it's size it does more than I want and it has a clock so that'll do me.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Noe likes this.
  12. Noe

I like RTAs because I can get better flavor out of my vape than by using the tanks you mentioned, it's not always about the clouds.
    If you like those type of tanks, the Witcher tank may appeal to you too, it's not an RTA but it delivers a good vape with good flavor & it is leak free.
    Leak free is also important to me, a lot of tanks, RTAs or otherwise, leak or seep juice, some more than others but any amount is not good IMO, not when we have completely leak free alternatives that produce stellar vapes.

13. jonboots

jonboots New Member

Thanks for replying guys.
    I've ordered a smok x8 stick so, that has a 4ml tank which should keep me going for most of the day.
    Will look at your witcher review.
    Can see myself gathering a collection of vapes tbh

Noe and Pippi like this.
  14. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Oui! Pip did not break the forum this time - I have been very careful lately ( apart from losing a few of Rayjays posts temporarily)
    I dont think I am getting Tag alerts either - Will check with head Ranga to see if she has adjusted anything. :winky:

Noe likes this.
  15. Noe

Just watched some reviews of that kit, seems pretty decent, I like the top airflow design on the X8 Baby tank.
    Coming from the Pockex to this kit though you are going to feel a big difference in DripTips (mouth piece), the X8 is going to feel huge, there is no 510DT adapter that comes with it but I think that other 810-510 DT adapters may work in that tank & then you could use a 510 DT which wouldn't be so wide.
    Not sure where you ordered the kit but there seems to be a few differences between kits with the coils included, all that I saw include a 0.25 ohm coil & another coil , which depending on the kit the ohms vary (some had 0.4 ohm some had 0.13 ohm). If you want to get similar run time to the Pockex, I recommend using the 0.25 ohm coil, the 3000mah built -in battery using a 0.25 ohm coil should get the same run time as the Pockex's 1500mah running a 0.5 ohm coil.
    I also like that the X8 Baby tank has an RBA section available, however it's not included in the kit & you have to purchase it separately, still it's a good option if you decide to try rebuilding your own coils later on & is probably cheaper than buying a new tank to see what rebuilding is all about.

Vs the Witcher tank, the X8 coils are going to be more expensive to replace & the X8 will chew through juice faster, plus it's a 4ml capacity so you'll probably be changing that at least twice daily. While the Witcher has a 5ml tank, uses higher ohm coils & only really needs refilling once a day IME.

jonboots likes this.