Mods - What's really important?

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Charles Vaper, Aug 19, 2015.

1. DaveJ

DaveJ I Vape

Yep. Those are my thoughts too. But it seems so many newies go straight to the sub-ohm tanks.... So, what can I say?

Yes. Size, shape & bulk of mods do put off a lot of first time Vapers - "But I want small, like this smoke....."

2. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I use Subtanks and I am a mouth lung vaper. I was suggesting 1.2 ohm coils for beginners but they have the choice to sub ohm if they are curious. I use high VG liquid so I guess that makes it a little more leakproof.

I guess there is no perfect set-up but the info in Charles OP is probably the best options there are.

Charles Vaper, Broony and DaveJ like this.
  3. Broony

Broony Senior Member

I suppose the perfect setup is what ever works for you, some even prefer cig-alikes.
    To the newbies, don't give up if your first or even second(in some case) don't suit you, there is a lot of choice in today's market, research is the answer. When you get it right you will find there is no going back, unless the government stuffs it up for us.

4. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

Totally, this is where having more vape shops would help. I think I went cigalikes, then another brand of cigalikes, (thought there was something wrong with the first ones so I tried another type then smoktech twister ego style ecigs, they would have done it for me if they hadn't been so poorly made the istick 30 and subtank (too hot at the time, I'd prolly have liked the 1.5 ohm coils had they been around then) then nautilus mini (leaked like a seive) then silo light and it was finally reliable and just right. Eventually I started to play with the subtanks again and now I love them. What matters to me in a mod? Reliability!

DaveJ, Judith, Browny and 2 others like this.