My Foray into the World of DIY Juice

Discussion in 'DIY Flavours, Mixing, Recipes' started by Bandsaw, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Scott Sheehan

Scott Sheehan New Member

Anyone have an update on the redskin recipe and how it turned out? Really want to get as close to the real thing as possible....would be my adv for sure!

2. Bandsaw

Bandsaw Member

Not yet dude. I'll be mixing some more up tonight. I also bought myself some actual redskins to help with getting the flavour right.

3. Scott Sheehan

Scott Sheehan New Member

Cool, let me know how you go. Had a redskin the other day to see if it still tasted the same as it did when I was a kid....it does! Want that juice! :)

4. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Me too! Don't hold back :)

5. Bandsaw

Bandsaw Member

Ok, so I just made another batch and took the Acai right down to 0.5%. I'm going to leave it to steep overnight and see how it goes tomorrow. But the Acai is a really strong smell so you can't go on the smell alone. Will let you guys know more once I've vaped it. Fingers crossed I get it right, if not I'll take out the Acai all together and substitute the INA Raspberry for a Red Licorice flavour.

6. Bandsaw

Bandsaw Member

So I haven't vaped my latest batch of Redskin yet, I'm letting it sit to see if the Raspberry comes through more after steeping. I managed to get a doubler of the VapourEyes of their FanBoy juice to see how close it is to my own, or to actual Redskins, and they both smell pretty much similar there is more Raspberry smell from the FanBoy though. Not vaped the FanBoy yet either so I will let you guys know how both taste.

On a side note to anyone here, I knocked a couple of juices from recipes posted by @rupert and they taste awesome! One is a clone of Dripbeats Pitch juice and the other is a clone of the One Hit Wonder Police Man juice. You can find the recipes here: http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/ruperts-juicebar-a-couple-of-clones.2629/

rupert likes this.
  7. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Thanks for the feedback @Bandsaw :) Im stoked that you like them.

Still keen to hear how the redskins turns out :)

8. Bandsaw

Bandsaw Member

Well if we go by smell alone, I think the Acai needs to be taken out but I'll leave that decision till I vape this lot. Adding the red licorice to give it more of a lolly/candy flavour seems to be a good idea too.

9. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Well, thats good news for me, as it means I don't have to buy the Acai... Haha.

I have the TFA Red Licorice, and it has a strong and distinct flavour that overtakes mixes. I've used it a number of times trying to make a twizlers / wonka nerds rope mix, and it seems to dominate and kill strawberry flavours. INW Raspberry might hold up to it though.

10. Bandsaw

Bandsaw Member

Yeah, so depending on how this mix goes in relation to ACTUAL redskins the acai may be gone with a small amount of the Red Licorice added. But I will have to order that to try it out.

rupert likes this.
  11. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Just a thought, but to add the semi-salty exhale note, might be worth trying 0.5% saline solution in the mix ;)

12. Bandsaw

Bandsaw Member

Well I've had a vape on the VE FanBoy juice and their juice isn't close to a redskin. It's nice, but sometimes I got an almost burnt sugar taste to the juice. I'm gonna let it sit a bit more and try my juice tomorrow. But It's definitely looking like the Acai needs to be taken out completely. If I'm right, I'll see how it goes with just the raspberry and cotton candy concentrates in it.

rupert likes this.
  13. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Thats interesting. It has good reviews on their site, but its a unique flavour to nail.
    From their description, it seems as though they based their mix on the recipe from e-liquid-recipes (the same one you have been working from).

Bandsaw likes this.
  14. Bandsaw

Bandsaw Member

I was thinking the same thing. But I took a bite of a redskin before or after having a vape on the FanBoy, and it definitely was not the same thing not even close. Even allowing for some differences because of they are both different mediums.

15. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Three pages of a thread, and you have peaked my interest.
    I have an idea using Raspberry, Apple, Cotton Candy and Gummy Candy.

Bandsaw likes this.
  16. Bandsaw

Bandsaw Member

OOH!! I like the sound of that! I love gummy bears!

And with you saying apple, I want to make an apple cider style juice. But how would one bring the bubbles to a juice?

17. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

I tinkered with TFA Champagne for a while, it has a slight effect of "fizz". At higher percentages the fizz increases, but you also get the flavour of the concentrate.
    Other than that, I have found that a mix of Malic Acid and Citric Acid also gives the illusion of fizz, however, they also impart a sour element.

I have a lime soda mix that has a definite fizz too.
    I literally had to buy EVERY brand and type of lime concentrate to find it..... Now in my little vape circle of friends the mix and ts components are my little secret :D

Bandsaw likes this.
  18. Bandsaw

Bandsaw Member

Well if it was a lime and strawberry cider, like the Koppaberg branded one, I reckon it will be awesome. There's one to make lol

rupert likes this.
  19. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

I reckon! And the Elderflower and lime one :) Mmmmm....

I had a bottle of "Bee Mead" not too long ago, that stuff is delicious and would make a great vape too.

Bandsaw likes this.
  20. Bandsaw

Bandsaw Member

I didn't like it. Although I wasn't feeling the best that day. But I think we're onto something here, instead of Koppaberg we could call it Nottaberg lol

rupert likes this.