1. Rest in peace, Aqualung. Thank you for the magic.
    Dismiss Notice

My story from Cigs to Vaping

Discussion in 'Your Story' started by Glenn Chandler, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Glenn Chandler

Glenn Chandler New Member

Hello, I'm Glenn and I was a smoker for 30 years. I began smoking at the age of 15. At that time none of my friends were smokers and for some strange/stupid reason I just decided one day to buy a packet and give it a go. Winnie Reds were of course the only durries a true Logan boy would smoke so that's where I started. After a couple of years I moved on to White Ox tobacco and at my worst smoking 3 50g pouches per week. As well as gradually destroying my health it has in tecent years become a complete financial burdon.
    Many years ago I gave up using patches and managed to stay off for 4 years before taking up the cigs again...how stupid. I did learn however that once I am free I never try a cigarette again. Roughly 12 months ago I attempted to quit for good. I tried patches and this time they did nothing at all to help. The doctor put me on Champex. The result was the worst thing I could have imagined. I called the Quit line as you are supposed to and smoke to a great woman over the phone. I was ready to and eager for this to work. Over the next few weeks, still having a sly ciggy here and there I began to slip deeply into a depression. So deep that I began to have serious thoughts of self harming. My family were worried sick and stubbornly I called the lady on the quit line who convinced me to lose the pills. I believe she saved my life that day.
    After getting help and getting well I remembered seeing a guy vaping and thought I should check that out. I jumped on youtube and began researching. I came to the conclusion that I had to give it a go and my best chance was a Kangertek Subox mini.
    This is were my experience with vaping and the awesome vaping community begins. After talking about vaping and my research from youtube and other websites at work one of the guys who had only been there a couple of weeks said that he was a vaper and had this particular setup as well as a heap of other gear. He asked if I would like it. I asked how much and he said I could have it. The next night he bought in a box that had a black version a white version as well as everything I needed to get started including batteries and a kit to rebuild the rba's. Thanks to Joe and is big vaping heart I am now 3 months free of the durries and have learned so much. My son vapes with me and together have developed a great team. He hooks me up with some awesom diy juice and I build the coils for our rda's and tanks. We are starting to get a collection of gear I must say. I am much happier and am reaping benefits everyday incuding being part of my new tribe. I love the vaping community!

2. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

Great story Glen, thanks for sharing it. It's interesting how many people had trouble with Champix, I'm so glad you called that lady when you did.

Happy vaping and not smoking. :thumbup:

3. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

Thanks for your story Glenn.
    Every smoker needs a Joe. Its so great you found one

AlexG, margyb and Glenn Chandler like this.
  4. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Glad you found vaping Glenn. The people who work on the Quit lines seem to be great so it is weird that the management are so opposed to vaping. Thanks for sharing your story. :)

margyb and Glenn Chandler like this.
  5. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

I love these stories, thanks for posting Glenn!

Glenn Chandler likes this.
  6. margyb

margyb Great Balls of Fire

Great story thanks for posting :):)

Glenn Chandler likes this.
  7. crispernator

crispernator Senior Member

Stick with it glen ,i can relate to your words about that dreaded champix i lost all self confidence in myself after taking them ,learn as much as you can so when some fool starts on you about vaping you can shoot them down with facts as i have done recently.

8. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

Thanks for sharing this with us mate, Yes my story was similar. I do have to have a smile though, I thought vaping would not only save my health but my wallet as well. The health Part I do agree as to my wallet, I just cannot help myself, as soon as a new mod or atty comes out and if it looks attractive and better than what I already have it becomes a must try and buy illness. Having said that, even now with my mod collection now numbering in over 20, and the atties in nearly 35 and climbing slowly I still consider myself financially better off.

I am still able with all my purchases to save at least $150 per fortnight which I could not do when I was smoking.

Maria likes this.
  9. AlexG

AlexG New Member

Thanks for sharing, you are a good story speaker.
    Thanks to that lady, BTW.

Old Grump likes this.
  10. Christina Ballerina

Christina Ballerina Senior Member

Thank you for your story, people like you have the potential to save thousands of smokers lives, thank you.

Old Grump likes this.
  11. Maria

Maria Senior Member

Great story thanks for posting. My son vapes with me too. Loves mums huge collection of e liquids we share all the time.Its great when you kick a bad habit you have had for years and it filters down to family and friends.Vaping rocks.I have a whole bar or so I call it, of e liquid's:)

Jennifer and Aqualung like this.