1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

My Vaping Journey

Discussion in 'Your Story' started by Rayjay, Aug 1, 2017.

1. Rayjay

Rayjay Member

I am currently 61 years of age and I was a heavy smoker, between 40 -50 stinkies a day. The cost was starting to be prohibitive not to mention the deterioration in my health. I was getting extremely short of breath and daily activities were becoming a problem. I used to enjoy bush walking, and squash, and I just could not participate in them any more. My doctors recommended the patches which I developed an allergy to and the oral medication be they gum or that spray made me want to throw up.

A friend introduced me pen style vapes, then called the EgoII and I think they are still available, and I never looked back. At the time we were importing nicotine juice from the USA and China and it was ok. My health after a month of vaping improved dramatically and I have since progressed to mods and rebuild able tanks and have never had an issue apart from a slight PG intolerance which I corrected by now vaping 70 VG and 30 PG and that works well for me. The previous mixes being 50/50 seemed to generate a lot of phlem and wheezing but adjusting the mix to 70/30 solved my problems. I have heard of others that also have a PG intolerance and am interested in their stories.

laurie9300, Angela and DogMan like this.
  2. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Hi there Old Grumps - are you wanting to join us again? wondering why?
    You will find one of your old buddies here under the name of VapingNoob. :winky:
    We dont miss much :geek:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
    DogMan likes this.
  3. Rayjay

Rayjay Member

Getting a tad confused here I do not know who this mate of mine is supposed to be and if you say I am who I am then if I am not welcome here feel free to ban me. I came in here polite and friendly and have not done anything to upset anyone.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2017
  4. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

No worries Grumps - its all good we aren't going to ban you .... for now. Please be respectful to members here and all will be well.

DogMan likes this.
  5. Rayjay

Rayjay Member

PMSL, I have always been respectful to everyone except when people like to engage in flame wars of which I do not approve, then and only then, I give as good as I take. I treat all people with the respect that they treat me with and if they do not then its their loss and not mine, no skin of my nose.