1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

NET concentrate from Tjuice?

Discussion in 'DIY Flavours, Mixing, Recipes' started by Gasman, May 11, 2017.

1. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Thanks Noe.

I simply went from the manufacturers recommendations plus I have tried their UK smokes, colonel custard, ty4 and Jack the ripple at 15% and found them all a bit weak.

I'll give them a go soon and let you know.

2. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Can't speak for Primo Verde or Hermano Rubio as I haven't vaped them yet but in regards to the Cubana I have now tried a little. To be precise(ish) about 2 ml.
    This is the one that I particularly wanted to try and although I don't really get a cigar taste I do like it.

I agree with your opinion Noe in as much to say it's no HOL but I rate it as 2nd best to all others that I've tried. I think I know what you mean with your comments about the luxurious taste to HOL and again this doesn't match that but it has to me that certain something that NETS seem to deliver.
    Certainly considering mixing at 15% will deliver 150 ml of juice for the price I think it's money well spent.

After only vaping about 2 ml I'm probably not in much of a position to give a definitive opinion yet but I wanted to let you know that I'm finding this one encouraging and definitely one I would buy again.
    Personally I don't find 15% too much but I will bring it back a couple of percent to try and see if I still enjoy it as much after your recommendation.

I think I mentioned (but will again) that I mixed it at 15% 60PG/40VG.
    I'm also giving the Siren 22 a whirl with the airflow restrictor attached on the 2nd air hole to try it. However my coil is only coming out at 0.38 ohm which is lower than I would normally build at particularly considering the atty.
    In other words I stuffed up but thought bugger it lets just go with the flow and worst case scenario I'll build another coil but I'm enjoying it so as the old saying goes if it ain't broke don't fix it!

I know Vapeking is running T-Juice concentrates out and nowhere else in Australia that I know of stocks them so I may need to be quick.

On a separate note I have also noticed that UK smokes is sold out and I have a fair idea who is responsible!

Noe likes this.
  3. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

I ordered a bottle when I bought my new charger last week - I have misplaced it as I was house sitting when it arrived but I will find it and look forward to trying it.

Yep that was me and a friend I make juice for - we bought all they had in stock :hide:
    I now have 23 x 30 ml bottles of UK smokes in the fridge because I also stocked up when HOV was discontinuing it - Reckon I am covered for two years now as I only mix it at 5% in my 500ml batches which last a month.
    as someone prone to stock piling - I really hope I dont go off it! :bolt:
    RIP - T-Juice Australia :cry:

DogMan and Gasman like this.
  4. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Yes when I tried it, I didn't think it was bad at all, just that it wasn't on the same level as HoL, I definitely rate it above Blacknote though & if you consider the price difference of Blacknote to a T-Juice NET concentrate, there's plenty of incentive to DiY with the concentrate.

You don't need to mix a fresh batch, then wait for it to steep, to test it at a reduced flavor % . I would just drop 1ml of what you have into an empty bottle, then add 1ml of double nic strength base into the bottle (making a 7.5% flavor % with the same strength nic), give it a very good shake, then let it sit for 2 or 3 days to "steep" (it's not really steeping just combining), that will mean you'll be able to test it like that sooner :)

LOL let's hope your tastes don't change :)

Gasman and Pippi like this.
  5. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

23x 30 ml bottles should last you for a couple of weeks (sorry years) and my suspicions were correct I assume.
    Good luck to you Pippi and I honestly hope you don't grow sick of UK smokes. To be honest in my opinion that particular flavour wasn't that flash and if you ever want an additional 8.5 ml in the foreseeable future just let me know as its on my 'desperate shelf' so to speak.
    I'm very tempted to try a couple of others now,especially while they're on the runout price, but am sort of in that no mans land where one tobacco was not for me but one was more than acceptable.

Of course one was their interpretation of a net and one wasn't. Perhaps there lies the dilemma as NETS certainly have something extra to my taste buds.

This vaping lark is one of never ending questions!

I'll say it again at the end of the day I'm not smoking and enjoying the time so it's a win win.

I only thought that today whilst buying diesel and looking at the not so closed cigarette cabinet behind the counter thinking how regimented I was to simply buying another packet of champion ruby as I was getting low.
    Nowadays I wonder what that concentrate tastes like and how it could possibly work with another.

Concentrate sampling could certainly be deemed equally as expensive I appreciate but I'm more than happy and certain that it's never going to end my life.

Pippi, Aqualung and Noe like this.
  6. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Too late as I've vaped the 5 ml tester at 15% already and I definitely enjoyed it but am trying to contemplate different concentrates that may compliment it.
    That's not to say it doesn't stand up on its own because in my opinion it does but you never know perhaps a FA at 1% and Cubana at 10?

I'm thinking of building a dripper tomorrow at approximately 1 ohm to test the other two so I can give an opinion of them.
    Perhaps not my absolute opinion but probably a reasonably good interpretation.

Got to paint my sons bedroom before a new carpet is fitted but I reckon I should find a little time before Pippi buys the remainder up!

Pippi likes this.
  7. Noe

I rebuilt a dripper the other day, took me about 30minutes to build & test vape it.
    It would have taken less time (since I used a pre-made RBA coil) but I wasn't just doing the normal wicking thing, instead I used soem left over SS mesh from my OBS Engine build & tinkered a little to get it set in properly.
    Using SS mesh in this dripper means I can very quickly change between flavors now, without having to vape through 2 flavors combined until the true flavor comes through, since I can simply evaporate off the old flavor with a semi-dry burn (not to clean the coil fully just to get the juice off), I think this is going to be a very useful test atty now.

I'm very happy with my SS mesh experiments & I still need to find time to write that tutorial for the OBS, as promised, thankfully that same tutorial will serve for many different RBAs also, so I will only need to write it up once :)
    Another advantage with SS mesh is I save time when it comes time to clean (usually when you would re-wick the cotton) the build, a quick dry burn & rinse & it's good to go again, no new wick required, nearly no tools required(just a pair of tweezers helps), then fill/drip & vape.
    Finally I think that these SS mesh builds are going to prove very useful for vaping NETs, as you probably know NETs gunk up coils/wicks quicker than other juices. So in the past I have only really vaped NETs on RDAs because changing the wicks on those is less of a pain mostly or on Genesis atties which use SS mesh, now however I think I should be able to vape NETs in tanks & not worry about how gunked up the coil gets, which means I will probably start enjoying NETs more often :clap: :wine::party::wine::clap2:

Pippi and Gasman like this.
  8. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I managed to hold off trying the remaining two but did build 2 drippers and am currently testing some other non tobacco flavours as I didn't want to make any rash judgements over the tobaccos.
    I had a few to test and make notes on if all that makes sense.

But I will certainly qualify that the Cubana is very nice in my opinion and one that I would definitely buy again if I'm able.

To be honest I was quite pleasantly surprised as I didn't expect to enjoy it as much as I do.

Noe likes this.
  9. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I have now vaped my 5 ml tester of Primo Verde and again I enjoyed it a lot.

I found it similar to Cubana but a little sweeter. Not quite as good and perhaps even a little stronger than necessary, so as Noe originally suggested on this one I'm going to bring it down a bit on future mixes even as a standalone.
    It's definitely deserving of being a standalone.
    I'm also finding these TJuice NETS extremely authentic.
    I believe it also has some very promising possibilities as an excellent mixer.

In my opinion it certainly has the NET taste that I enjoy.

As ever, just my honest opinion.

Noe, Pippi and Aqualung like this.
  10. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Forgot to mention that management has no complaints about the smell of either the Primo Verde or the Cubana.
    This surprised me as to me they taste authentic and I thought so did the remaining smell.

Eventually I asked her and she confirmed it was fine and had no clue it was a tobacco juice.

Trying the Hermano Rubio today but the jury's still out on that one.
    Certainly not as good as the NETS but probably a bit early to comment yet.

Aqualung and DogMan like this.
  11. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

As its not a NET concentrate my opinion of Hermano Rubio probably shouldn't go here but as it was mentioned with the NETS I thought I'd leave them all together.

As I eluded to above its certainly not as good as Primo Verde or Cubana but it is a vapeable juice with possibilities.
    Tjuice describes it as a bold mix of roasted tobacco leaves extracted from burley and dark fired tobacco.
    To be honest that is one of those descriptions that leaves me scratching my head.
    They also describe it as an exceptional vape which I disagree with.

Personally I find it an acceptable vape and do get certain nuances of tobacco on the exhale. There's nothing wrong with it and I've certainly had a lot worse so I'm not complaining even though it might seem like I am.
    However I do think with a little experimentation and tweaking it could be a component of a much better juice.

To sum it up its a tobacco-ish tasting juice which will be used and probably add to some mixes.
    I'm not unhappy that I bought it but wouldn't again.

Problem is I've probably shot myself in the foot as due to my enjoyment of the NETS I've ordered some others from Vapeking while I had the chance.

There's no hope for me,I'm a lost cause.

12. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Finally mixed up my Primo Verde @Gasman - made it with the last of my NTN just a little 50 ml bottle to test - also made a bottle for a friend that has exactly the same vaping tastes as me ( I make her bulk bottles of the UK smokes) it will be good to have someone else to try it at the 5% flavor we like normally.
    Feeling very impatient for it to steep - but I will wait at least a few days :taptap:
    Ps - I think mixing it at 15% it would be a coil gunker - its very black!

Gasman likes this.
  13. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I left mine for nearly three weeks before I sampled it but that's only because my trip to Melbourne coincided.
    Normally I steep for a minimum of two weeks anyway but I was itching to try both the Tjuice NETS and I did certainly want to try them before.

You're right as with all NETS that I've tried the coil takes a hammering and they were no exception.
    I ran my 5ml of Cubana through the Siren and half of the Herbano whatever it's called and the coil was already turning.
    I dry burned and rewicked it for the Primo Verde and finished the remaining Herbano on that one too.

I didn't want to confuse the taste of the two NETS in any way but they are similar as I've already said.
    The coil after the Primo Verde didn't seem as bad as it was after the Cubano but I could be imagining that.

NETS are more maintenance but still worth the effort in my opinion.

Hope you both enjoy the Primo Verde.

P.S.

I was correct in my assumption about the delivery from FT and Vapeking as Vapekings hasn't arrived yet.
    Not Vapekings fault but Australia Posts.

14. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

@Gasman - I couldn't wait any longer to try the Primo Verde- gosh its a strong concentrate! I love the flavor mixed at 5% instead of the recommended 15% but its still too strong - I am going to dilute the bottle I made to 2.5% percent - let it steep and then I think it will be good.
    I have three bottles so that is going to last a very long time.
    Not even going to give the bottle I made for my friend - I know she will hate it until I dilute it further.
    You can be happy though as I think I will love this once I work out % levels - might even end up at just 1% :)

Gasman and DogMan like this.
  15. Noe

Did I mention the NET concentrates are very strong? :p
    I quite like P.Verde but I found it tended to get "boring" when vaped continuously for too long, it need to be switched out for other flavors of ejiuce to maintain its interest for me.
    However certain HoL NETs (particularly the Perique & Puros) I could happily vape constantly if they weren't such coil gunkers.

Pippi likes this.
  16. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

Its my first experience making a juice from a Net concentrate - guess its just another vape learning curve but like I said, I like the flavor its just damn strong.
    Thinking I will find a happy place at 1% :nod:

Noe likes this.
  17. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

@DogMan - I have a feeling you might like this too at low percentages - I wont post it but will share at our next catch up with the Ranga @Angela.
    Thinking now we know the lay of the land - Vic market would be good again - and there is a park across the road for Pudles ! :)

DogMan likes this.
  18. DogMan

DogMan Butler

thanks

but i am a complete tight arse with concentrates, i even make my own menthol concentrate to save paying $3 for factory concentrate :nod:

19. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I will admit I'm a little relieved you like it and now feel pleased that you took the risk.

I thoroughly enjoyed it but will also dial it down a bit on my next mix. Not as low as you but I've worked out that I do like my juice strong.
    I'm probably going for about 12% next time but reckon it could shine mixed with the Blacknotes that I've yet to finish.
    However the Cubano I found perfect at 15%.
    To be honest some I haven't touched some Blacknotes since my initial sampling as I thought them rather disappointing and underwhelming.
    I mixed a couple with some FW fire cured and that seemed to liven them up a bit.

Anyway back on subject and good news.

Pippi likes this.
  20. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

it was a good tip Gassy - I think I will get some some more next payday before VK is sold out :)

Gasman likes this.