NET's and Australia.....

Discussion in 'Juice Chat' started by rupert, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles Moderator

Thank you wise one - considering I will probably only end up with a litre of Nets with no intention to sell - I will continue on with the experiment :)

Noe, DogMan and rupert like this.
  2. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I'm very glad to read that THE MAN is considering having a crack at creating some NETS and will read your thoughts with interest if you decide to continue.

Mr. Hatrick very kindly sent me three of his home brews and they're very good. Being a bit of a plonker I still haven't had a go at doing any but certainly intend to one day.

I preferred Mr. Hatricks to Black Notes but I'm thinking perhaps I altered the taste to much by adding 10% nic and could be doing them an injustice.

HOL have been the best I've had to date and really hit the spot for me.
    Organic tobacco is my personal favourite but it's been discontinued.

Edit...

I just want to make it perfectly clear that the juice that Mr.Hatrick sent me contained NO NIC and in fact he suggested to use it as a concentrate at 5%.
    I read the above and thought perhaps my comments could be confused.
    The Black Note I bought from within Australia with obviously no nic and that is what I added the 10% to.

Mr.Hatrick is in my opinion a truly genuine,helpful and generous person who does a lot for other vapers and I certainly don't want anyone to think he's done anything wrong.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
  3. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

As a side note, and to add onto Noe's comments -

Most commercially grown tobacco uses fertilisers that contain a mineral known as apatite.
    This contains small amounts of a highly radioactive element known as radium (if interested, look up Marie Curie - a great scientist who has a lot to do with our understanding of modern chemistry in certain fields. A nobel prize recipient, and died unfortunately due to exposure to the radiation she was studying).

Without getting too technical - Radium degrades into Polonium, and in the amount that commercial crops are grown it ends up accumulating in soils to levels that are of eco-toxicological concern (happy to elaborate on this, as it is the field in which I did my post-grad research thesis - specifically the buildup of chemicals in biological organisms through various transport vectors and their effects).

Polonium emits a specific type of radiation called "alpha radiation" which is a breakdown of the nucleus of the atom as it further degrades.
    It has a half life of 138 days (it "splits" into a lighter atom by releasing part of its nucleus), and emits as much alpha radiation from 1mg as 5g of radium (a significant increase - 5000x to be exact).
    This means that in the time it takes to grow a single crop of tobacco, the increase in radiation in soils, and in the plant itself has exponentially risen. Thats not even accounting for build up from monoculture growth of the same crop on the same pasture year after year......

I personally believe that this in itself has a LOT to do with lung cancer caused by inhalation of tobacco smoke over extended time periods...... But that is another essay altogether.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2016
    Gasman and Pippi like this.
  4. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

For all of the above discussion, it is exactly why I have tried to source organic tobacco only, and am considering the legality of trace components in NETS, thus this thread :)

If I move forward on this I will let you know ;)

Gasman and Pippi like this.
  5. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles Moderator

I need to re read this in the morn when not under the influence of the vine, but thank you Rupert .

DogMan, Gasman and rupert like this.
  6. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

I need to stop writing essays on forums at 3am.... :D :D :D

But no problems :)

Gasman likes this.
  7. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

How in the world are you able to store so much information in your noggin!

I forgot my age sometimes.
    And get me on a computer and I turn into a quivering mess.

Actually I was a bit surprised to read your posts as from memory I didn't think tobacco flavours were to your tastes.

emu and rupert like this.
  8. Jerry Hatrick

Jerry Hatrick Senior Member

For those that want to try making nets , I purchased only "organic or additive free " tobacco from https://www.tobaccoblends.com.au/
    I had in the past used ordinary ryo tobacco until I realized the extras that they contained !
    The ones I sent to others on this forum were all "organic"

emu, Gasman, rupert and 1 other person like this.
  9. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

They aren't, but when in Rome!
    A lot of vapers seem to like tobacco flavours so why not :) If we are about risk reduction, then it is worth exploring these issues.

As a bit of a conspiracy theory, the radiation issue is another one BT has suppressed from publicising over the years too.

Great link, thanks for posting :)

Pippi, emu and Gasman like this.
  10. DogMan

DogMan Butler

FWIW, i asked dr danko about various extracts last year. He was in favour of NETs, and also herb extracts from my garden

Pippi likes this.