New south Welshman and women

Discussion in 'New South Wales' started by Nico and Laughter, Jun 12, 2015.

1. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

Sydney. ;)

Vaping is much more restricted in Australia in general, and Sydney in particular. Expect to get hassled anywhere you would not be allowed to smoke - which is 'most places': anywhere indoors where the public might access, train stations, bus stops, the open air grounds of hospitals & health facilities, within 4 meters of an entrance to a shop, anywhere food is served..

A few of us got together for a vape meet recently and the only place we could vape on an open rooftop at a pub was under this umbrella!

[​IMG]

Firekombi, met4ller and margyb like this.
  2. CCVaper

CCVaper Member

When I was in Italy last February, I could in fact vape anywhere, airports,caffes...you still get looked at like an alien, but at least they are cool about it.

In Sydney, just to avoid any hassles, you vape where you can smoke. There are vape friendly pubs but always touch and go with general ignorance.

The Vaper and DogMan like this.
  3. met4ller

met4ller New Member

Oh my God!! :eek:
    Seriously?!
    Your country is fuckin contradictory!
    For you is important health and rules, for example you hate (is good) who leaves on the ground the end of the cigarette, but you don t help/watch well who pass from cigarettes to e cigs!!!
    It should be tolerate much more than smoking... But yes, at the end each country have it's incoherences.
    My country is the perfect example(I m leaving mostly for this) !!! :D

So, last questions : if I am walking on the street, I can vape without any problem? If I go to a bar/pub for a beer, if I can't vape inside, I can at least vape outside, for example sit on their table near it, or I must vape at least 4meters away from the door in any case?
    I love to drink and vape :D

Last big and important question :can you please give me a list of pub /bar /disco /places where I can vape without any anxiety?

Thanks a lot!!!

Judith and margyb like this.
  4. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

You can vape walking down the street no problem. No one has been arrested yet, but it's only against the law if it has nicotine in it. Vapers do it all the time though.
    Yes, you can vape in the outside smoking section of any bar or beer garden, and you might be able to vape inside some places. You can check first with the manager if you are unsure.
    I've vaped in lots of places, but I only use clearomisers and ego batteries, so there isn't much vapour and I am not drawing much attention to myself.

The problem is we don't have any laws around where you can vape yet, that is only just starting to be discussed by the government now.

Anyway, you are over-thinking everything. Just come, nothing bad will happen to you if you vape here...you just need to be considerate and discreet.

I'm sorry I don't have a list of vape friendly venues. But it will be easy to find out when you are here.

met4ller, Judith and margyb like this.
  5. met4ller

met4ller New Member

The reason of my questions was for this : I don't over think when I m there.
    For 2reasons : I will bring a super concentrate of nicotine 7,2% so I will dilute it all around the year. So I will vape nicotine out there , and also if there isn't a law, I can't believe that vaping it will be against the law... because 1 I can import it as 3month quantity and 2 also you can import it from another country, so surely vaping nicotine can't be against the law!
    The other reason is that I love to make clouds (not cloud chasing) with my ataman and I can't live without it :)
    So I can't be descreet :this is my way of vaping, and nothing is bad than using another smaller atomizer.

Hope that someone could answer me about which pub /bars I can vape inside. :)

6. CCVaper

CCVaper Member

You will not get a list of pubs. You may get a few people saying you can vape here and there, but I doubt there exists a list anywhere.

Ma stai tranquillo che puoi vappare per la strada senza problemi.

....couldn't resist the Italian, sorry .

Jennifer likes this.
  7. CCVaper

CCVaper Member

How long are you staying here and only in Sydney?
    The law on vaping is quite clear................... there isn't one. As said, wherever you can smoke, you can vape. There are exceptions, but that is the general rule here. The possession of nicotine to put in ecigs is also illegal; the 3mth supply rule only applies when a doctor prescribes it. No one that I know or have heard of, has been arrested or fined for vaping nicotine, so you will not have any issues. As for being discreet, use your common sense, what you may think is YOUR right, may not be the same thing for someone else, whichever country you may be in.
    As far as Australia having contradictions, I lived and worked in Italy for 12 years, I can give you a nice list of Italian contradictions if you like :)

8. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

Neither can anyone else here. We are all as confused as you.

The law is confusing because it is not designed to incorporate vaping. You need a licence to possess nicotine here, but that law is for farmers and chemists.....from before vaping was invented when nicotine was only used as a pesticide.

Australia has not yet made laws specific to vaping. Which is probably why almost nobody has been prosecuted for it.

By the way, I have no idea why you would move from such a wonderful country as Italy and come to Australia? Italy is full of life, great weather, and a great lifestyle. Australia is the land of rules, you can't do anything here without breaking a law, and work is the priority here, not fun. If I could, I'd be immigrating to Italy myself!

Judith likes this.
  9. met4ller

met4ller New Member

Hehe!!
    Good Italian but there is one mistake : the infinite verb (to vape) is "svapare" :D
    Don t worry about Italian contradiction. I wrote a book on them. I m not joking. Because you like Italian, if you want and if I can post here, I can link you the book s page.
    There are more and more than 12 critics, I criticized my nation and it s slave people. We are rumbling inside the void, people has stupid attitudes, hope to find something better there, also if all the world is the same country .
    I stay there one year, I think. If the city will be boring (I don't think so), I will change location. It all to see when I will be there.

To the other user.. I hope that you aren't serious. I hope that in Oz there is fun and not only rules!!!
    I think that beautiful girls, beaches and stupid party will be also there.. Considering the multicultural mix!!

margyb likes this.
  10. met4ller

met4ller New Member

Ahahahahaha!!
    Italy is full of losers lifestyle, people zombiefied by TV which transmit superficiality, prejudice and hate for the other.
    In my city no one girls say hello walking on the road, also if you go to them, they goes away... Bbrrrrr it's cold here. Need a summer in Oz :)
    I am scared about too many rules, but surely works BETTER than few few rules. Everyone here think about himself doing what they want, then people complaints about politician, when they are the same in the facts. Bleah.

11. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

Welcome to Australia. :sillygrin:

But really, I don't want to put you off. You are young (I think?) and will have fun wherever you are. :)

12. met4ller

met4ller New Member

Yes, I am. So I am sure that things surely be better there. More thing more people more emotions more e liquids near home, how can't be better ? :D

Jennifer likes this.
  13. newvaper

newvaper Member

Hi from Lane Cove:) Do I have any neighbours here?

Firekombi likes this.
  14. emu

emu Senior Member

Doesn't look like it newvaper, you will find someone I'm sure.

15. Andrew Parker

Andrew Parker Senior Member

Well, I wonder what met4ller made of Australia after arrival? I'd like to think he'd fit right in although perhaps his level of perception would mean he'd not necessarily find too much comfort in the local hotel. Loved the:

'... people zombiefied by TV which transmit superficiality, prejudice & hate for the other.'

Let's hope he's blowing clouds with gay abandon everywhere in Sydney.

Not that I'd know, which brings me to the point of this post.

Are there any vapers living around Coffs Harbour?

I've never seen any but I was in the local battery shop recently - enquiring about 18650s just on the off chance, yea, I know, a fruitless endeavour BUT, the guy there said he'd had someone in only a day before asking the same question for the same purpose. So there is at least one other person in Coffs that has a mod. I may be wrong but it seems probable that he/she has also got an atty as well and perhaps, you know, puffs on it.

I was just thinking that it might be fun to get together with someone else because so far my vaping journey has been a totally lonesome experience. Well, apart from you guys on this forum that is, but you're just a collection of avatars - nice ones to be sure, but not very tangible.

The Vaper and Pippi like this.
  16. Firekombi

Firekombi Senior Member Vendor

Sydney Inner Westy that hangs around Nth Shore some times.

The Vaper likes this.
  17. Anne

Anne New Member

Not even allowed that here in the ACT.

18. emu

emu Senior Member

:sweating:

19. James P

James P Senior Member

I'm from Alexandria Sydney. There've been a few vape meets in the Alexandria hotel and I've been to one. It was great. That hotel has a big outdoor area so vaping hasn't ever been an issue.

I see people vaping maybe once a week in the streets but smoking is still far bigger here. There's also a vape shop near here called Steam e-cigs.

Because of the stupid new law that you can't smoke near doorways a lot of the pubs that used to have smokers sitting out front have gone quiet. I find I can usually get a table out there now, and I just vape away. No one has said anything to me.

20. InnerEvil

InnerEvil New Member

Woopifumes im from Coffs:)