1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie - Next vaporiser?

Discussion in 'General Hardware Discussion' started by slc2213, Jul 11, 2017.

1. slc2213

slc2213 New Member

Still fairly new to the scene, I've got an aspire k3 and aspire zelos 50w, wondering on suggestions to the next level up.[​IMG]

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

Gasman and DogMan like this.
  2. DogMan

DogMan Butler

what's your budget?

upgrading your tank to rebuildables will go a long way

3. slc2213

slc2213 New Member

I don't have heaps to spend and I gotta keep costs down with replacement parts. I don't want to mod it out with custom stuff.

4. DogMan

DogMan Butler

:blush: a bit outside my comfort zone, i'd be relying on what others say, sorry

@Gasman and @Noe probably have good suggestions for that kind of thing. Both tend to be here later in the day/night

iamTezr and slc2213 like this.
  5. slc2213

slc2213 New Member

I'll be up all night....again lol

6. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

For tanks that I think will be suitable, both reviewed here on VCA & both having cheap replacement coils.
    First the ROFVape Witcher (reviewed as a full kit including mod but the tank can be bought on its own) , Rofvape Witcher 75W TC Kit - http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/rofvape-witcher-75w-tc-kit.4421/

Next the Vika Fantasy, Vika Fantasy (clone) MTL tank - http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/vika-fantasy-clone-mini-review.4601/unread

If you think you may want a looser draw in future, then I'd go with the Witcher, the initial outlay is a bit more for the tank but the replacemnt coils for each are about the same, if you think a tight draw is all you'll need or want then the Vika is probably a better choice.

For an RTA option, something that is pretty easy to build on for someone new to RTAs, with both single & dual coil decks included, while able to deliver good flavor, the Ijoy EXO RTA would be my recommendation, I haven't reviewed it but I own one & it's a good tank: https://www.fasttech.com/p/6626300

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    iamTezr, Flea and slc2213 like this.
  7. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

It's one of those never ending questions when it comes to vaping in my experience.

As you've explained your relatively new to vaping and I spy you have an Aspire Nautilus 2 I'm assuming you're a MTL vaper (mouth to lung) and to be honest my thoughts are with a very old school atty being the Kanger Subtank mini.
    It comes with a couple of coils at 1.5 and 0.5 ohm from memory and it includes an rebuildable coil.
    You can still buy it I think with a 50w mod in kit form.
    If you're not yet building it gives you the option of trying it at a later date and saving yourself a fortune.
    The stock coils are quite easy to rebuild as well.

Perhaps you're looking for something with more power and perhaps a direct lung tank?
    Do you have any batteries and a charger?

I'm sure many with cringe at my suggestion but I still think they just work and are a decent yet affordable tank.

Personally I now own many tanks and set ups but still use the subtank on a regular basis for exactly that reason.

iamTezr and slc2213 like this.
  8. slc2213

slc2213 New Member

Thanks. I'm not really looking to build, I doubt I will but won't rule it out. I've been looking at the eleaf Pico mega. A larger tank is very nice.

No I'd have to get batteries, chargers etc for which ever one I go for if they need them. For the Pico it'll be about $135 setup.

Gasman likes this.
  9. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

It's an initial expense but in time you'll get your money back as obviously once an inbuilt battery dies the whole device is cactus.
    Whereas a battery will eventually need replacing but as long as the mod still works no worries.
    If you do decide to buy a mod that requires batteries be very careful and only buy quality from a dependable vendor.
    Sony,Panasonic and the like.
    Noe is the battery expert along with a few others here and they have all taught me a thing or three in regards to batteries and using them safely.

I'm afraid I don't own a Pico so I can't offer any advice on that one but I did recently buy the Joyetech Evic primo mini which I've been very happy with.
    I do own the Melo 3 tank ( although I broke the glass on my first clean) and found it ok but noticed that the base seemed to get very hot. It was ok but nothing mind blowing in my opinion.
    Again I might revert to another old school tank being the Youde Zephyrus 2 which I also found to work very well but as time progresses it might be harder to buy the coils. I use the rebuildable deck regularly but if you're unsure about that I'm not that sure it's for you.
    Personally I don't like big bulky mods and with the primo mod it's very pocket friendly with a very easy to use and understand menu. It offers a bigger screen than most and is capable of accepting a 25mm tank which is the diameter that a lot of new tanks seem to be manufactured to lately. This is just me but it also displays the battery amperage which I think is great for battery safety.
    It does have temperature control if you decide to use it but it is only a single 18650 battery,hence the pocket friendliness! I generally get at the very least a days use out of it but that will depend on the capacity of your battery, your coil size and obviously the frequency that you vape.

I've tended to only buy rebuildable tanks for quite a while now or at least ones that have a rebuildable coil available to them. However I did recently buy on general recommendations the Vika Fantasy clone from Fastech which uses the Aspire Nautilus coils. This one is definitely a tighter draw but perhaps with the new Nautilus 0.7 ohm coils you might get a more airy draw?
    I honestly don't know because I don't own a nautilus 2 and have never tried the 0.7 ohm coil but am more inclined to believe it will always be on the tight side no matter what.
    In saying that I enjoy the vape if provides and was pleasantly surprised but I'm not a cloud chaser, I enjoy flavour.

I'm afraid with vaping there is so many variables and we are all different.

I don't know if I've been of any use to you but hope I have.

Although I resisted for ages I eventually realised that YouTube was my friend and watched numerous reviews on a product that I was interested in.
    Of course you wonder if a glowing review is true which is where forums come into their own with real people spending their own money.

It may appear a bit daunting now but always remember that each cigarette you avoid is a win and you don't need to spend a fortune if you don't want to.

I'm being a total hypocrite there as I've spent way more than I 'need' to but I enjoy vaping and everything it involves.

Good luck.

Noe and slc2213 like this.
  10. slc2213

slc2213 New Member

Thank you so much for your input. Similar to the zelos is pretty much all I need really, I'm a flavour chaser (as well as nic kick) over a cloud chaser. I find the 1.8 better over the 0.7 personally. I must do more reading on sub ohm vaping, not sure what the fuss is. Anyway I think the power or maybe slightly more than the zelos is all I need, a larger tank would be great. I have looked at an additional larger tank for the zelos but not sure it's worth the money. For the price you're almost half way to a new mod.

I hadn't thought that if the batteries are separate you don't lose the mod. Great point! The initial outlay might be worth it.

My friend is guiding me a bit, she has the pico and zelos (though I got mine first lol).

Anyway as I said flavour chasing and larger tank is my two top things.

Now I gotta find some juices to import...although maybe the DIY is better but wanna test some different flavours to get an idea of what I like first.

It's a big learning curve

Noe and Gasman like this.
  11. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

With the primo it advertises an 80 w capacity from memory but with a single 18650 battery I think that may be stretching it a bit.
    Without checking it I believe the zelos is 50w so certainly more power if you require it.
    I don't own or can I think of an atty that only takes prebuilt coils with a big juice capacity but I'm sure they're out there. As mentioned most new tanks seem to be 25mm diameter nowadays so therefore more capacity is available with less height. I've noticed that for a fair while now new tanks are definitely aimed at the subhomers with seemingly rediculously low ohm stock coils.
    That's only my opinion and each to their own but that's not for me.
    I very rarely go under 0.5 ohms as I'm happy with that and still build anywhere to approximately 1.5 ohms dependent on various factors.
    That's part of the beauty of vaping as you can tailor it to suit your preferences or mood.
    Again there's variables as I find different juices taste better or worse if I build too low.

I did recently buy the Smok spirals tank as it had a rebuildable coil included but haven't tried it yet.
    I bought the 2ml version but a 4 ml is available with again from memory 0.6 and 0.3 ohm coils.
    The reason I bought it was it was cheap enough and every single review I watched or read praised it very highly in the flavour department.

As a separate note and especially as you're in the northern suburbs I would highly recommend you have a look at The Flavour Republic website.
    Matt is a fantastic bloke and does make some delicious juices at a good price. Unfortunately as our stupid laws dictate he obviously can't supply juice with nicotine but if you decide to have a go at DIY and buy some nic from Hiliq or whoever I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

He's based very near to us and is a very knowledgeable and helpful bloke. He is in fact the first business I ever used and helped me when I started vaping 4 years ago now.

I'm more than happy to offer some help with mixing if you decide to have a go and seeing as I believe you live near me I'm happy to mix some up for you to try if you want to come around my house.

I promise I'm not a serial killer if that sounds a bit creepy!

12. slc2213

slc2213 New Member

I've been warned to stay away from Smok...and cheap batteries.

As for juices, I've got some 10ml bottles coming from The Buyers Club in NZ and I'd like to order some more from somewhere tonight, get some tasting done and then look at diy. I made the mistake of buying flavours from Hiliq they were terrible, haven't tried them all though. $50-$60 waste. Not sure I want to deal with them again although I guess just the nic juices you don't have to worry. I will look at local vendors in the near future.

You sure you're not a serial killer? Just one or two bodies then? Lol.

Gasman likes this.
  13. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Cheap batteries definitely but I own a few Smok mods and tanks and they've performed fine.
    The only device I had a problem with was an Istick 20 w which decided to spontaneously combust in my pocket. I was at home and it had done some ks so no real problem as I was able to chuck it out the front and it didn't owe me anything.

I've tried some tobacco juices from Hiliq with one being a standout for me but again we're all different and taste is very subjective.
    I use their nic and find it fine but the same applies.
    Vapoureyes offer juice with nic from their NZ site. Personally I find their juices a bit hit or miss but others seem to swear by them.
    They also offer free postage to Australia so perhaps a place for you to look?

Honestly no bodies hidden anywhere!

I appreciate that it's a bit strange of me to offer but I enjoy helping people in regards to vaping if I can.

slc2213 likes this.
  14. slc2213

slc2213 New Member

Yeah I've bought off vapoureyes. Their quality is great although I'm stuck with a couple not for me. They don't do sampler size do you got 30ml and up. Shame we can't sell or swap with people. I love their caramelised tobacco, butterscotch tobacco and one that just like wizz fizz. I'm almost out of wizz fizz, don't need anymore of the others and their flavour range is limited. Hence looking elsewhere. I was going to do US ones, did a spreadsheet of heaps of places, then found out they don't use PayPal so using your cards you need to add another 1.5%-2.5% of purchase on top. So devastated. Lol. Why I'm trying to find places in NZ. Why must the govt make it so difficult?? Did you see the article about the doctor screaming for reforms? And their poll it was like 95% think it should be legal. Hope they catch on and up.

Thanks for offering, I understand the desire to help and may take you up...no more crazy than the dating scene...that sucks lol.

Gasman likes this.
  15. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I've been out of the dating scene for a long time so l can't comment on that. I've been married for 20 years now so the only dates I have to think off is anniversaries.

I did use My Freedom Smokes in the early days for nic and thought it was worth trying some juices while I was at it. Some were ok,one very nice and some not so good.
    I also bought some American juices last year from vape shops when we visited but honestly it was great to try before you buy but other than that the only thing that made it worthwhile was that they included nic.
    A bloke at work has used Govapes Chinese sister company (Liberty Flights I think) and he likes theirs. I find the tobacco doublers from Govapes nice but as ever we're all different.

Ive seen several articles and it infuriates me to think what our government is doing.

Money talks,especially tobacco taxes.

slc2213 likes this.
  16. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Not all Smok products are bad, most manufacturers produce a lemon or two, there's no hard & fast rule for which manufacturers to avoid totally.
    However some are better than others & have a majority of good products.

Batteries, I only buy genuine Original manufacturer batteries, no re-wraps, no dodgy brands.
    Samsung, LG, Sony, Panasonic/Sanyo are the 4 main battery manufacturers of Li-Ion cells.

As for HiLiq, their unflavored nicotine for mixing is good quality & about as cheap as you'll find even with them using DHL for shipping, I haven't tried their flavored juices so I can't comment on them but their unflavored nic is good.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    slc2213 likes this.