1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

next move up from ijustS

Discussion in 'General Hardware Discussion' started by Grumpycat, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Grumpycat

Grumpycat New Member

Hi all,
    A bit of research at the minute.
    have not been vaping that long, started with a Triton II using 12mg nic, mainly MTL.
    After a month or so upskilled to the ijustS 4 to 6mg nic (DL), all day on same battery bigger juice capacity quite happy with it but......there is always a but !
    Finding some juices from vendors are smooth others giving harsh throat hit, i realise it can be a lot of factors but presuming its the nic levels, what would be the next level up MOD, will it give me the capacity to change wattage therefore altering the throat hit to suit different liquids ? Using about or 5mls a day, would like long battery life also.
    Let me know what you think

cheers

Steve

Pippi and DogMan like this.
  2. DogMan

DogMan Butler

Hi steve

what price range are you looking at?

if you bought the ijustS, was that partly for the relatively small form factor?

lots of options these days

Pippi and Noe like this.
  3. Grumpycat

Grumpycat New Member

Yeah to many options, yes ijusts for size dont want a monster unit. Probably around the $70 to $100 mark.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Pippi and DogMan like this.
  4. DogMan

DogMan Butler

the eleaf istick pico is a widely supported starter into VW https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...entic-eleaf-istick-pico-75w-tc-vw-apv-box-mod

will leave enough of your budget to buy some 18650 batteries like the samsung 30q, or sony VTC6, which both have good battery life. As well as a charger

eleaf make a wide range of budget friendly options, all quite good other than the "istick 50 watt" which had issues

if that doesn't suit, we can look at other options

Pippi likes this.
  5. Grumpycat

Grumpycat New Member

Cheers will have a look at it,

Pippi likes this.
  6. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

That is a single 18650 battery mod & would have similar run times to your IjustS, if you are looking for longer run times than you are currently getting, you will want a dual 18650 mod.
    Though I haven't tried this device, it looks to be a good offering from Aspire, with a small form factor for a dual 18650 device: https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10015784/5773101-authentic-aspire-archon-150w-vw-tc-apv-box-mod
    It is just 5mm longer than the Pico, about the same width & 18mm taller but it will cost about $15 more, which is still well within your price range & will allow you to buy batteries/charger.
    Dual 18650 mods, do not just double the run time you can expect over a single 18650 mod (which is what the IjustS essentially is, just in a built in battery), IME they actually triple or better the run times.

DogMan likes this.
  7. Grumpycat

Grumpycat New Member

Yes i like the idea of longer run time, thanks for the input, i will keep in mind

Noe and DogMan like this.
  8. Pippi

Pippi Admin Moderator

The Pico is really quick and easy to change Batteries, its just a screw cap on the top.
    I always carry a few spare Batteries in a safe case what ever mod I am using as its best to be covered. :)

9. DogMan

DogMan Butler

@Grumpycat

if you are going to buy a dual cell mod,please read up on pairing batteries safely

the two batteries in the mod need to stay married, never separated... just read up on it and stay safe

it is very true about longer run life though

Noe, Grumpycat and Wanda like this.
  10. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

I like the pico as well and have a couple i use often.
    only problem i had was when i started moving up to bigger tanks they dont fit due to battery cap
    Love my eleaf astra its not to much bigger than a stick mod and find it sits in hand similar as well and it can fit bigger tanks if needed
    It has all the features of the pico, 75watt, temp mode for ss and so on

DogMan likes this.
  11. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Hi grumpycat and welcome to cafe.

Do you know your preferred VG to PG ratio? Some e-liquids are not high VG; therefore, having more PG in the e-liquid will give you a noticeable throat hit.

12. Grumpycat

Grumpycat New Member

Mmmm 80/20 or 70/30, now you mentioned it i think 80/20 is smoother. A few recently purchased might be 60/40 to which i added 2.5mls of 50mg (vg) nic, hoping for about 5mg of nic, these seem to harsh.
    Cheers for the info.....a lot of learning to do

Steve

13. Posterboy

Posterboy Senior Member

I always look at the width also. I will not buy anything under 25mm wide. Lots of atties in the 24 / 25mm range, having a 22 or 23 mm wide mod cuts down on adaptability even if only later on (unless you dont mind overhang or solely use 22 mm atties).
    Single 26650 mods are an option. There are smaller ones around. Some use 18650 batts as well with an adaptor.

14. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Whatever you decide, let us know, we can help you to get the best out of your devices :)