Next rbta/rba thoughts???

Discussion in 'General Hardware Discussion' started by vapeman88, Oct 17, 2016.

1. vapeman88

vapeman88 New Member

Hey guys I'm very new to vaping, only been enjoying it for around 2 weeks now. I currently own a kangertech subvod, but am waiting on a wismec realeux 75 in the post and the also the release of the smok alien box mod. So far I've accumulated some tanks in prep for when my mods arrive. I currently have 2 things I'm trying to achieve with each mod the wismec will be used out and about and the smok will mainly be for use at home. The 2 things I'm aiming for with both mods is to have 2 tanks each! One specifically for cloud production and the other for taste only. So I have purchased the smok trvf8 "cloud beast" for clouds obviously for the alien and I also have the smok trvf8 "baby" for clouds for the Wismec. Now through research I've also purchased 2 more tanks for flavour for use on either. They are the "ijoy combo rdta" and the "digiflavour/riptrippers pharaoh" I'm also purchased a uwell crown 2 for flavour with prebuilt coils. Anyway longgg story short I'm just wanting to know others opinions on my choices in regards to the goal I want to achieve, also are there any other tanks that anyone would recommend? Thanks very much for any replay or help given! I eagerly wait your input! Tia.

Pippi likes this.
  2. DogMan

DogMan Butler

The crown v2 was apparently a step backwards for uwell. The v1 is a widely loved tank, v2 not so much.

If you want rebuildable. My advice is look for something solely rebuildable. Not a premade coil tank with optional rba head

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Aqualung likes this.
  3. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles Moderator

Hi SMM, I dont have a tf8 but I do have two TV4s and love them for my ( rare) cloud moments. I had the uwell crown and really really disliked it - I named it the Un- well Crown.
    I am commenting as a mostly tootle puffer and as such you probably should listen to others... :)

DogMan likes this.
  4. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

What Dogman said about dedicated rbas.
    But if you are desperate for the convenience of premades and the option of building, the Mutank has a huge velocity style build deck, very efficient and easy to build on. Flavour vs cloud production is as much about the build and PG/VG ratios when comparing across tanks I reckon.

DogMan likes this.
  5. vapeman88

vapeman88 New Member

Thanks dogman, yes I'm trying to cover all bases to see which I prefer. As for being solely rebuidable the pharaoh and the ijoy seem to be good and can't wait to give them a go! I've just bought a coil master tool kit, 521 coil tab, work mat and a box of 6 assorted wires! I haven't been in this hobby for long at all, but I'm in love and am going all out and learning as much as possible to get right into it!

DogMan likes this.
  6. vapeman88

vapeman88 New Member

I was watching YouTube videos of different coil builds.. and wow! It was amazing! Such an art. And awsome to know that minor tweaks with materials and gauge ect can have some a big impact on results.

DogMan likes this.
  7. DogMan

DogMan Butler

it must be very confusing these days with so much out there

contrary to the popular youtube belief, more watts and more complex wire braiding is not always better. Be sure to try the simple non-glamorous stuff too, lots of vapers prefer it

MetalOz, vapeman88 and Noe like this.
  8. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

First welcome to VCA.
    Your choice of forum name could be a bit confusing, since there is a well known youtube reviewer that uses that handle: https://www.youtube.com/user/SuckMyMod
    I'd suggest changing your nick, simply to avoid confusion, you can do that by starting a thread here: http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/forums/request-username-change.69/

Presently, I love the Ijoy Limitless Plus RDTA, I did a review of it here: http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/ijoy-limitless-plus-rdta-review-build-guide.3972/ with a build guide you may find handy too, since the Combo RDTA is nearly identical in RDTA mode.
    The Conbo will not only produce good flavor but big clouds too, if you want it to, I don't have a TFV8 but I do have a TFV4 & I prefer the Limitless Plus to it.
    I can't recommend a better flavor atty, since I think that Ijoy has nailed it with these RDTA devices & until I try others, I simply won't know.

vapeman88 likes this.
  9. vapeman88

vapeman88 New Member

Hi noe, thanks very much for your reply! I found it quite helpful. I've submitted a request for a name change and about to checkout your review of the limitless. Thanks again.

Noe and DogMan like this.
  10. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

I am not a tank guy generally (I prefer drippers), but in terms of my using a tank as a daily driver, I rate the Griffin 25 as an RTA.
    It has a version with additional top airflow, which makes it customisable from flavour to clouds. The build deck is also really quite big for a tank, so its easy to get coils in there.
    Other than that, I've also been digging the Youde Simba RTA, but it is a bit of an obscure piece of kit, and in truth the Griffin trumps it.

DogMan likes this.
  11. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

Welcome :hi:
    I second the griffen as a good starting tank for clouds and flavor its really easy to build on and wick for new vapers, this was hubbys first tank and is still his at home favorite

I love the crown v1 one of my most favorite tanks but i prefer the rab section than the pre made coils for some reason they just never worked well for me I get grate flavor from a 26g clapton in there

I also have a tfv4 hubby dident like the coils for some reason but will happily use it with the rab section in it i have both the single, which puts out grate flavor and the double for clouds

Another grate flavor tank is the merlin loved this tank befor i broke it, really easy to build on and wick its a single coil but it has big post holes for larger coils if you wanted big clouds

vapeman88 likes this.
  12. Steve H

Steve H Member

I haven't got onto the rebuildable stage yet but I do have the wismec RX75 and treated myself to a TFV8 Baby Beast a week or so ago to pair up with it and notonly does it produce some nice clouds but the flavour it produces beat my Kangertech tanks by a country mile !

:vape: Keep Calm & Vape On :vape:

vapeman88 likes this.
  13. vapeman88

vapeman88 New Member

Awsome Steve that's great to hear! I can't wait for my setup to arrive haha. I already know this will be a life long hobby so I've gone ahead and purchased coil building tools and supplies to use once I'm more experienced. I'm impatiently waiting on victory vape to release the smok alien! Which they said would be in stock this week.

14. vapeman88

vapeman88 New Member

That sounds great, thanks for your reply. Very good read! I have much more research to do lol.

15. Posterboy

Posterboy Senior Member

I have no issues whatsoever with the avocados either 24 or 22. Flavour and clouds up there with dripping.
    Version 2 of the 24 has filling issues, easier if used in single coil mode. Version 1 is a ripper.
    In TC no need to change wicks between flavours if you tootle puff to near empty.
    Nice uncomplicated aesthetic too

rupert likes this.