Noe's Newbie guide to nicotine juice consumption & strength. Plus technique for reduced coughing

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Noe, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Charles Vaper

Charles Vaper Senior Member

Thanks Noe, yes I agree with what you say. I've been doing some testing with regard to nicotine as per Doctors orders. Trying to determine how that comes into play with my neurological condition. I'll be back on the Nic full time soon. I'm trying to eliminate the diketones in my mixes too, thanks again.

Noe likes this.
  2. Snurry

Snurry New Member

I started at 6mg/mL after smoking around 50 thin rollies per day and found it quite effective. Probably 6-10mL of juice.
    After a while I kept getting a strong nic buzz when I chain vaped (which I like to do) so I reduced to 3mg/mL and found that just as effective for negating cravings. Over time I went to 2.5, 2, and now 1.75mg/mL. I still get no cravings but I do vape 15-20mL per day, but thats just the way I like it.

On another thought, my mum picked up smoking again recently and would like to give vaping another go. I'm gonna get her a MTL device and was wondering what would be the right nicotine to use. I think I'll take that advice of 18mg/mL but I've only got regular 100mg/mL nicotine liquid. Would nicotine salts be a better option to reduce the throat hit since I know she's not a fan of that?

3. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

Much depends on how much yr mum used to smoke. I was a chain smoker started at 15mg at 15 watts 6mls a day. Am still at 15mg at 16.5 watts 3 mls a day three years later. I have a bottle of 100mg nic salts but it didn't do it for me, so someone else might be able to help there. Can I recommend the aspire zelos kit (Nautilus two tank) with either 1.8 ohm coil or the Triton mini 1.2 ohm coil. I know a vape shop that rates them so highly he uses them as his juice testers. It is so easy to fill, leak proof, spit proof and excellent flavour and not too big or bulky. The red one is very pretty. She will probably need a back up if she likes it.

DogMan likes this.
  4. Snurry

Snurry New Member

I'm looking at an Innokin T20-S but thanks.

DogMan likes this.
  5. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

The T20 is a hotter vape, which is harsher on the throat than a cooler vape. If your mum doesn't like TH, then that possibly isn't the right kit for her.
    I will always first recommend the Pockex, as IMO this is a superb starter kit & it is very much similar in shape & size to the T20. However, while it works for MTL vaping usually, it does not suit vapers that want a very tight MTL vape & in those circumstances I think the kit @Nico and Laughter mentioned is a very good option.

Is your plan (I know you DiY your juice) to mix all your mum's juice for her, now & in future or would you prefer she becomes more self reliant & learns how to mix her own?
    If the later, then there are plenty of Aussie vendors that sell doublers, you could make this an easy process for her by ordering a few doublers of various flavors & mixing up some 36mg/ml nicotine to add to them 50/50.
    If that sounds like an option, then mixing your 100mg/ml with some PG & VG base to make a 50/50 PG/VG based, 36mg, unflavored nicotine isn't very difficult, to make 100ml of this you would just:
    Add 36ml of 100mg/ml nicotine
    Fill to 100ml with plain PG &/or plain VG
    I suggest the 50/50 PG/VG ratio because it is a good balance between reduced TH & increased flavor, in the resultant ejuice.

Snurry likes this.
  6. Snurry

Snurry New Member

I'm going to make them all so she has no costs. She likes simple flavours and used shit stuff from ROYALE last time. I don't really have any plans to buy from stores again, I feel the prices are way too steep. If I want something different I buy from a friend who's been mixing a few years, and it's less than half the price from stores.
    18W is fine for her, which is what the T20-S does; I've already purchased it in time for Christmas. There's no way I'm ordering from china since there's no chance of it arriving in time.
    I looked at the Pockex and watched some reviews and decided to go with the Innokin.
    The more I look into it the more I think 9-12mg/mL will be perfect for her without being harsh. She does chew nicotine gum as well.

margyb, Noe and DogMan like this.
  7. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Well good luck wit hit, I hope it helps her.
    I honestly believe the Pockex is a better starter kit, that delivers better flavor & a smoother, less harsh, vape but there is no denying that either kit could be effective :)

8. Kermutisnox

Kermutisnox Member

http://pasted.co/8a31b6c7< Toon Blast Hack 2019 MAY

kw:
    Toon Blast Hack Ipa 2019 May
    Toon Blast Hack Tutuapp May
    Toon Blast Hack App
    Toon Blast Hack App Download May
    Toon Blast Hack Lucky Patcher
    Toon Blast Hack Ipa 2019 May