On the Vape Train - take 2

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by GypsyJane, Aug 3, 2018.

1. GypsyJane

GypsyJane New Member

Hi vapercafe land
    I was smoking for about 20 years, I started vaping and successfully broke up with cigarettes. Then about 2 years later, cigarettes pulled into town, wooed me with a night of beers and a cheap curry...and I had to update my Facebook to 'in a relationship'.
    I was rebuilding on a Crius and using a Eleaf istick pico but a death in the family, starting a new job mixed with an unfortunate day of running out of cotton, mucking up every coil I tried to build and realising too late I hadn't any charged batteries - I fell off the wagon.
    Just wanted to say hiiiii and get back in the loop of Vape things to look into a good, lazy bitch setup to run alongside my Crius/pico (ie no 18650s or cotton required).

Rayjay likes this.
  2. emu

emu Senior Member

I'd be looking at a pod and using nicotine salts, there's plenty of pods around now and you can get em with big tanks and all types of coils whether it be mouth to lung or direct lung. Just plug and play, clip a cartridge in and vape away

Rayjay and GypsyJane like this.
  3. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Take a look at an Aspire Pockex, it's a cheap, quality built, All-In-One, it's not going to be giving you Crius-like clouds but it'll come close, no rebuilding needed (replaceable coil heads) & easily better than most pod systems.
    I have one I use as a back-up device myself & it's good enough for me to use all day if needed ( I vape 24mg/ml, in dual coil RTAs, at around 0.3 ohm normally).

Rayjay and GypsyJane like this.
  4. GypsyJane

GypsyJane New Member

Thanks Emu and Noe for the suggestions Really appreciate it - it's great to get some idea of what's worth checking out.

Good to see you still in amongst it all Noe, I knew this was the place to be when I saw you were here
    I was around on avf for a bit, I think I was funkyj78 over there. I guess I missed the mass migration...but glad I found myself here - Lord knows I could use some advice lol

Noe and Rayjay like this.
  5. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Hi GypsyJane and welcome to the cafe, again. You had mentioned that you vaped for about 2 years, then stopped. I presume you amassed a fair bit of vape gear during that period and may still have them, but I also agree with Noe and Emu that a starter or pod kit won't hurt. It'll make things easier by removing the whole coiling and wicking process.

GypsyJane, Rayjay and Flea like this.
  6. emu

emu Senior Member

If you want to feel that first cig in the morning nic hit all day then nicotine salts are the way to go, they come in smooth, hit and signature type throat feels and being in a salt from the nic hit is almost instant.
    You can use it at 25mg's in the smooth version and not even know there's any nic in your juice lol, that is until 10 seconds later when the euphoria starts to hit you. Take it easy till you get used to knowing how much to vape though because you don't want to overdose.

I'd recommend the Joyetech Atopack Dolphin which has a 2100 mah battery and a 6ml cartridge with 3 coil options, 1.2ohm for a really tight MTL , 0.25ohm for a wide open DL or a 0.6 ohm which is in between.
    For around $35 for a starter kit they are really good value, grab a few spare cartridges so you can swap em around with different flavours, $6 for a cartridge is a bargain and a pack of 5 coils will set you back $15 but each coil will last you 1 to 2 weeks.
    https://www.thevapestore.com.au/products/joyetech-atopack-dolphin-kit

Vapoureyes will send you a 125ml bottle of smooth nicotine salts 100mg for $49.95 plus post and that's NZ dollars so it's a bit cheaper in our currency, that is of course if you are into making your own juice otherwise they have a large selection of pre nic'd juice in many flavours but make sure you get the nicotine salts ones.

https://www.vapoureyes.co.nz/collec...alts-dhl-shipping-only?variant=12233403629639
    https://www.vapoureyes.co.nz/collections/nicotine-salts

7. Noe

Nic salts - because we need more additives in our juice LOL
    24mg/ml regular, non-nic salt, nic will deliver the same "euphoria" just with a bit of added Throat Hit but without the added acids used to make nic into salts.

8. Noe

Welcome to the Cafe :)

My current PV is a Think Vape Finder 250 (mod) with a DNA250 chip or my SBODY mod (think it was discontinued but was cheaper) using the same DNA250 chip. Both mods use triple 18650's, which give me around 4 days vaping time, at around 40W, before needing recharge.
    For the tank, I'm currently using the OBS Engine V2 on both, however its not what I'd recommend to a new vaper or someone that has difficulty installing coils, instead the OBS Engine V1 (easier to build on) or the DigiFlavor Themis (Easiest) are what I'd recommend. All 3 of these have top fill & top airflow, making them near as possble to being leakless (they can still leak if you build them wrong & turn them completely upside down). The Engine V2 has the best flavor production of the 3, with the Engine V1 in second & the Themis a close third & a little less TH than the Engine V1, all 3 produce clouds if that's your thing.
    Just in case you were wondering :)

However, I like the Pockex as it delivers a good nic hit & has decent flavor production, while being nearly stealthy & something I'm not going to be too worried about if it drops & breaks, although it'd take a few knocks. It also has enough power to run for a full day for me, charge overnight & be ready the next day to perform again, though this is not how I generally use it, more for quick trips to the shops or going places where I don't want to take my larger mods.

GypsyJane likes this.