1. Call to Action! Vapers, please submit your story to the Federal Inquiry into Ecigs by July 6th, and let's get nicotine legalised: Submit Here

For help with your submission please read This Guide

Dismiss Notice

Own your thread!

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by laurie9300, Jun 2, 2015.

1. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

Just a suggestion..............

I have participated in lots of forums, and found the most informative have been the ones where people are encouraged to own and maintain their thread.

This is especially important where threads are meant to be informative, a resource for others to find the information they need.

This is achieved by the OP (opening poster) "reserving" the first few posts in a thread. You can just post RESERVED in the post, to save it for when you need it, or plan your thread, and post titles for the information you plan to collate there.

As the thread progresses, you can pick and choose worthwhile posts or information and link them in the first few posts in your thread. It does take time to maintain a good thread, but the end result is very "professional" looking, and is, IMO, worth the effort.

This way visitors to your thread can find relevant information quickly without having to wade through pages of ramblings and cat gifs.

I offer this example, it's one of my first threads on AVF. I reserved the first three posts, and in the third post, collated and linked what I thought were informative posts. Any visitor to my thread could go directly to what interested them.

http://forums.aussievapers.com/e-ci...post-your-fogger-setups-tips-tricks-here.html

I'm not implying this should be compulsory of course, just a suggestion........

Cat, Malestorm21, margyb and 9 others like this.
  2. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

Reserved for effect

Malestorm21, Fluffy and Donna like this.
  3. Angela

Angela Rebel Against the Sewing Machine

Stickied

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    margyb and laurie9300 like this.