1. Rest in peace, Aqualung. Thank you for the magic.
    Dismiss Notice

Phillip Morris update on Reduced -Risk Products RRP's (Sept 2016)

Discussion in 'Research, Health and Legal' started by margyb, Sep 22, 2016.

1. margyb

margyb Great Balls of Fire

2. margyb

margyb Great Balls of Fire

WARSAW, POLAND.

17-18 JUNE 2016

At the Global Forum on Nicotine, one of the most well-known events on policy, science and innovation in the field of nicotine products, PMI presented its findings to date for EHTP. Over 300 policy analysts, regulators, academics, public health professionals, consumer advocates and alternative nicotine product enterprises attended the event this year. The theme of the conference was “Evidence, Accountability and Transparency.”

PMI’s Director of Scientific Engagement, Dr. Moira Gilchrist, presented the latest results on EHTP and focused on our latest research on cardiovascular disease risk assessment (as described in the Recent Milestones in PMI’s Research section covering clinical risk markers). PMI also presented five scientific posters to encourage discussions.

Learn more about PMI’s presence at the event here: https://www.pmiscience.com/events/ global-forum-nicotine-2016

Maria and Old Grump like this.
  3. Angela

Angela ...

[​IMG]

margyb and Jennifer like this.
  4. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

I think the heat not burn products are the future. I'm really curious about them myself, I like the idea of using actual tobacco. It seems more natural than vaping with extracted nicotine and artificial flavours.

5. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

Ange did you catch their presentation at the GFN? I missed it for some reason, can't remember why now, but I really regret it.

Old Grump and margyb like this.
  6. Angela

Angela ...

Must have been on at the same time as some other presentation.

I like the cigalike too. I'm dying to try a heat-not-burn one.

Old Grump and Jennifer like this.
  7. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

It was on at the same time as the advocates session on the first day. I would have liked to have seen it too but there might be a video.

Old Grump and Jennifer like this.
  8. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

This was an interesting reply from Michael Siegel in the comments section of his blog. He is talking about all the lies and misinformation published by the tobacco control industry. http://tobaccoanalysis.blogspot.com.au/2016/09/anti-vaping-researcher-gives-negligent.html

I think the dividing line was when the tobacco industry discontinued its role as a watchdog of the anti-tobacco movement. Prior to that, we had to be very careful in what we said because the tobacco industry would attack us and challenge us on the science. But today, the tobacco companies have relinquished that role and we can apparently say just about anything we want with immunity.​

9. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

Steve H and subyXV like this.
  10. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

Heat not burn would be most interesting. What I would like to see is a vape type pen with some staying power and not having to recharge the blessed thing after three uses. I found that most frustrating when I did try the cig look alikes. In those days I had ten of the thingies and they were constantly on charge. On a long car trip I had at least three charging all the time as that was all I could fit. The other killer was the price of the cigy battery and the disposable cartos. I agree they had the good looks of a cigy but their use was a PITA.

11. Squid

Squid Member VCA Approved Vendor

I am sure the TC would still only allow tobacco devices with the same flavours you get now. Tobacco and menthol.

Old Grump and margyb like this.
  12. Steve H

Steve H Member

The major problem I see with the first 2 is they use Tobacco which will used in a non combustible form the Govt would probably still tax at the same ridiculous level and higher as they do at present and if they were available at a lower tax rate I still wouldnt be tempted to try them .

Maria and Old Grump like this.
  13. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

It's interesting to see what they've come up with. A lot of smokers wpuld jump on it. Not entirely sure the Aus gov would allow it as you know cigarette companies and a couple contain tobacco. Im fascinated and freaked out at the same time. It was so hard to give up smoking.

Old Grump and Judith like this.
  14. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

That would definitely then rule out members of my extended family. With the exception of the Crème de Mènthe none of us like tobacco or menthol flavours.

Moving towards a tobacco free World!

Maria and rupert like this.
  15. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

Me neither.....anything produced by someone that made a previous product that was a major contributor to an incidious deadly ailment would never again be trusted by me. Be it tobacco companies, asbestos former manufactures and even Gestetna that made those caciogenic scanning stencils that we used to use in roto printers....who can rememner them? Mind you they were excellent for printing large quantities of flyers and bullitens. It was sad when their cariogenic properties were detected. I used to create some excellent bulitens with them.

Moving towards a tobacco free World!

Maria likes this.
  16. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Yep, me too.

Old Grump likes this.
  17. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

Mimeograph? At school we used to call them a lithograph, but I think that was incorrect.....

........oooooo that fresh ink smell.......

Old Grump likes this.
  18. Old Grump

Old Grump Guest

Yep thats the one, Yep used to get high on the ink smell lol.

19. Maria

Maria Senior Member

Me to Old Grump.

Old Grump likes this.