Pippi's Newbie building adventures

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomisers' started by Pippi, May 7, 2017.

1. Aqualung

Aqualung Vagrant

Never thougt I'd be able to say "you used to be so full of shit" and it would be a commiseration

Gasman, Pippi, sirfoxey and 1 other person like this.
  2. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

FYI management has a chance to find a new available area as discounts had a terrible knock on effect.

So far so good but I'm not holding my breath and am of the opinion it will be possible for me to go to the toilet from my right armpit sooner rather than later.

Probably too much information but I'll leave it here anyway.

3. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

@Pippi

for the "narnia" i put my air holes where the red lines are. They are designed to go through the holes in the post, but i find this smoother on the draw. I also drill my air holes to 3mm

[​IMG]

Pippi likes this.
  4. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Thanks Doggie -I have taken note and will follow instructions when Narnia makes its way to OZ :bowdown:

5. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

trial a bit prior to drilling, since you can't undo that :*

Pippi likes this.
  6. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Yep,good advice -I think it will be a while -shipping was in seven days.
    Anyhow must go to bed - the pudles are already in there. Thanks Doggie xxx

DogMan likes this.
  7. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Grrr - well I built the bloody serpent dripper - and it wont work on my Procyon or the 6o watt radius - first I put a clapton 0.9 ohm coil in it - so when that failed I tried a 1.5 ohm Nicrome - also didn't work - so then I tested it on the VT Inbox and it works fine although it does seem to seep/leak a bit.
    There was no screw to put in the squonk hole - just some little rubber pluggie things in the box and I presume thats what they are for.

Rather than throw out the 0.9 clapton coil I put it in the Mulciber BF for the inbox and its working but nothing special. it was better with the Nicrome coil but there is no way I am swapping it back over tonight.

Anyway its been a lot of messing about and time wasted for no good result. All in all its been damn frustrating and I have decided that the building malarkey is not much fun and just a necessary evil :mad:

DogMan, Flea and Angela like this.
  8. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

edit, oops

i hate building, pippi, it sucks. But yes, necessary

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    Pippi, Gasman and Flea like this.
  9. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

could it be the 510 pin? i'm not familiar with the serpent, nor The Holy Mods :bowdown:

but pics look like pin doesn't protrude very far at all

[​IMG]

so may not make contact on some mods

Noe, Pippi and Gasman like this.
  10. sirfoxey

sirfoxey Senior Member

Sounds like the problem I had with my snap dragon atty. Exactly what doggie said. 510 is not long enough for some mods. The solution for me was to put a little brass washer in the 510 hole then screw in the atty. Problem solved.

Pippi and Gasman like this.
  11. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Congratulations @Pippi I personally have backed off squonkers, as I keep forgetting to squeeze the bottles. My Favourite tank for rebuilds is the OBS Engine followed closely by the VGod Tricktank RDTA, but the latter is for experienced builders and is somewhat of a PITA for the newbies. Don't fret you are doing well. Once you get the hang of it you will begin to wonder why you never tried before.

Pippi likes this.
  12. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Thanks Luv and yes I know the OBS Engine is very popular and also one of Noes Fav's but sadly I really dislike the aesthetics of it - so I will never buy one - I like my Vapes to look good as well as be functional :)
    Meanwhile I will tinker along mostly building for my little Squonker family of just five Mods. :)

Rayjay and DogMan like this.
  13. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

LOL the Engine is undoubtedly one of the best tanks on the market, aesthetics-wise it's not are pretty as some but not as ugly as others but I'll take function over form :sillygrin:

Maybe I'll love the new UD Bellus V2 too, I should have it to try out by next weekend, aestheticly it's a bit better looking than the Engine I think:

[​IMG]
    Hoping someone manufactures some decent red glass tank sections for it, the kind that doesn't peel or chip off, like the red & black glass I got for my Engines.
    Other tanks I got replacement colored glass for sometimes has lasted only a few weeks before starting to peel or chip.

Gasman, Rayjay and Pippi like this.
  14. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I've just noticed this on FT.

[​IMG]

No reviews but from the look it's very similar to one I own which works very well and is easy to build with no leaks.

[​IMG]

Will be a MTL with the bottom screw air adjustment and fill but the thing that struck me is it looks similar to the original nautilus mini with the protective glass.

Pippi and Rayjay like this.
  15. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Thanks Gassy, it looks great! I will pop in my wishlist folder for the next FT sale :)

Gasman, DogMan and Rayjay like this.
  16. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I've done the same.

Also looking at a Pico V1 clone.

Pippi likes this.