Popping/crackling when the Mrs. Vapes but fine for me...?

Discussion in 'Ask the Veterans' started by Millzy, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Millzy

Millzy New Member

Ive done a few test fires, due to me being impatient lol, and ive noticed thats its firing at 9volts. Considering it usually fires at 3.75V i am a little worried bit again, a rookie.

2. emu

emu Senior Member

CCT mode is custom curve temperature so you can customise the vape to suit you exactly, each bar in the graph represents 0.5 seconds and you can set each bar to a predetermined temp.
    You might want to start out at 200°c for the first 1.5 seconds then have the mod drop the temp down to 180° over the next few seconds.
    VT-SS is all you need for now till you get the hang of things, 60 watts is a good starting point but that's just the ramp up wattage as the temp control will limit the final temp to whatever you set it to. I'm using dual SS coils at the moment with it set to 60 watts and 200°c and it's spot on for me although you can experiment with different temps and ramp up wattage if you like.
    They are a really good mod with lots of bells and whistles but you don't need to use all the extras to get a great vape, just start with VT and work out what works for you and the misses.

Check the Vaporesso website for the latest update too, I just installed version 1.07 this morning which includes various fixes and brings it up to date with the latest firmware.

3. emu

emu Senior Member

Being a regulated mod you don't have to worry about that, it has multiple safety features built into the chip to keep you out of trouble.
    Just checked the Vaporesso website and there is an update for the "X", you need a windows PC to do it though. This is the upgrade notes and there is a few good improvements to be had if you can do it :)

[​IMG]

4. Millzy

Millzy New Member

Emu you are a legend! Thank you from myself and the misses! I just adjusted the curves on her mod to not spike so high during the middle/end as when she vapes she barely gets through the full 5second cycle. As u recommended i started the temp high and gradually decreased. The harsh crackling has ceased and she is amazed at how 'smooth' it now is. I cant thank you enough, i really didnt want her to get 'over it' and continue smoking as it wouldve defeated the whole purpose of me spending $300+ on the 2 mods + accessories. There is still good people in the world. Thank you :)

5. emu

emu Senior Member

Your very welcome mate, so glad you got her sorted and keep her off the stinkies :nod:

6. Millzy

Millzy New Member

A massive thank you, (and then some more!) to Angela, Flea and especially Emu! The beginning of our vaping journey is no longer so daunting. Incredible to have such help so quickly. Good karma to all of you

7. Flea

Flea Senior Member

We are all on your & Mrs Millzy's side, Mate. (How's that for Australia Day.) :D
    Don't forget to come back if you have more questions.

Nico and Laughter, Millzy and emu like this.
  8. Flea

Flea Senior Member

One more thing, it can help us and yourself if you put your location in your avatar.
    Just the State would do.

You never know, you could be living one street away from one of our members who could give you first person help.

Admin likes this.
  9. Millzy

Millzy New Member

Done :) Thank you Flea

Flea and emu like this.
  10. Admin

Admin Senior Member

Well done Emu. :flowers:

(Remind me to stay out of the help threads in future. The best I can offer is usually along the lines of "turn it down a bit and then suck it and see". :blonde::blush:)

Nico and Laughter, Flea and emu like this.
  11. emu

emu Senior Member

Nothing wrong with having a say, you were right as it turns out. I just suggested a way of turning it down automatically :)

Flea and Admin like this.