Recipe Vault

Discussion in 'DIY Flavours, Mixing, Recipes' started by DaveJ, Sep 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

DISCLAIMER: Full credit to FizzMustard for the original Bombies 'Nana Cream Clone recipe, which can be found on Reddit or e-liquid recipes sites, and which I based this on.

Smaugs Banana Breath

TFA Banana Cream DX - 5%
    TFA Strawberry Ripe - 5%
    FA Red Touch - 2%
    INW Dragonfruit - 2%

A friend asked me to make some Banana recipes for her, and this is hands down the only really decent one I have concocted to date - and which I will send off a doubler of soon :)
    I should note that generally I am not a big fan of banana vapes, but this one does it for me.

Basically, this is my take on Fizz' recipe, using the ingredients I have on hand, and also those flavours which don't have any potential nasties in them - hence the DX versions of the concentrates.
    I also don't like additives (you can see from all my recipes, I don't like adding things like EM, Sucralose, Citric Acid etc etc), therefore, the CA has been omitted here.

For this first couple of days, the dragonfruit is as prominent as the banana, however this mellows after about day 2. From there its a really, really nice and smooth banana cream, with slight undertones of the dragonfruit and berry. Given the percentages, the strawberry really gives this mix a nice body as opposed to an up front flavour.

Posted by rupert
    Original post: http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/ruperts-juicebar-smaugs-banana-breath.1786/

margyb likes this.
  2. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Kung Fu Custard.
    TFA Vanilla Custard V2 - 10%
    FA Fuji - 1%
    FA Kiwi - 2-3%

Reformulated custard, chinese gooseberry, and fuji apple = Kung Fu Custard.
    Simple but delish if you're a fan of custard.

Mixed with 2% Kiwi first, and turns out nicely. This is more like a bowl of custard with kiwi pieces.
    If you want more of a kiwi hit, up it to 3%. This is more like kiwi drizzled with custard.

Needs at least 7 days steep time. After mixing this has an eggy custard flavour, which masks the fruit.
    After 6-7 days the kiwi is there nicely and the fuji helps to bring it out.

Posted by rupert
    Original post: http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/ruperts-juicebar-kung-fu-custard.1813/

MetalOz likes this.
  3. Angela

Angela Admin

Named after the ruby ball cactus, this is a raspberry heavy cactus with a hint of cream to mellow the vape.

Ruby Ball.
    INW Molina (Raspberry) - 1.3%
    INW Kactus - 1%
    FW Sweet Cream - 2%

Great shake and vape, but as time passes the raspberry mellows.

Tart and sweet, with the nice slight taste of cactus as a base.

Original Post: http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/ruperts-juicebar-ruby-ball.1815/

rupert likes this.
  4. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Apple-Mint-Fizz.
    TFA Champagne - 3%
    FA Fuji - 0.5%
    TFA Green Apple - 2%
    CAP Cool Mint - 2%

A nice, fresh vape. I didn't think it would be, but the cool mint is a really nice addition, and freshens the vape up a lot.
    The champagne gives the illusion of "fizz", but its not a physical sensation at this percentage.
    None-the-less, a really nice vape, and my wife and I are quite happy with this one.

Posted by rupert
    Original post: http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/ruperts-juicebar-exercise-in-fizz.1828/

5. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Strawberry Champagne

TFA Strawberry Ripe - 7%
    TFA Champagne - 6%

This recipe kills. Loving it right now, only made 10mL, but definitely going to make a bigger batch. Simple, but amazing. I am going to look at adding some CAP and FA strawberry to this also, to give the fruit portion a bit more complexity.
    At 6% the champagne brings a more noticeable fizz to the vape, but its more like eating sorbet as opposed to wiz-fizz or pixie sticks type of sensation.

Both lovely vapes, but not quite the effect I was looking for with the champagne.
    I might do a mix at a little higher percentage, probably with unicorn vomit and raspberry, as I think the tartness in those will accentuate the fizzy sensation.

Posted by rupert
    Original post: http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/ruperts-juicebar-exercise-in-fizz.1828/

6. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Sparkling Raspberry Limeaide.
    FA Lime Tahiti Cold Pressed - 2%
    FA Lemon Sicily - 2%
    INW Raspberry Konkentrate - 1%
    TFA Champagne - 2%

The tartness of the lime, lemon and raspberry, and the tingle of the champagne give a really definite fizz along the tongue on the exhale, which makes this vape very nice.

No steep time recorded for this mix at the time of writing this, but as I only mixed 10mL, I doubt it will last long enough anyways.

This is not a sweet vape, but reminiscent of homemade lemons, limes and raspberry in a spritzer, then carbonated - think real fruits in water, then put through a soda stream.
    I have found that leaving this to air out for 10min increases the exhale effects on the tongue.

Similarly, if you drip in onto an RDA then leave it and come back 10-20min later, it increases the fizz also.

margyb likes this.
  7. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Pavlova.
    This is divided into two parts, the base, and the toppings.

BASE:
    FA Meringue - 3%
    FW Sweet Cream - 3%
    TFA Bavarian Cream DX - 2%
    FA Fresh Cream - 1%
    FA Cookie - 0.5%
    FA Torrone - 0.2%

TOPPINGS:
    A favorite - Kiwi fruit and strawberries.
    TFA Strawberry Ripe - 3.5%
    FA Kiwi - 0.5%

Mixed berries.
    TFA Strawberry Ripe - 2%
    INW Raspberry Koncentrate - 0.15%
    CAP Blueberry - 0.5%

Mango and Peach - note the mango is a "tart" mango (the sweet part of the name is deceptive!), so this is a little different to the above, but works none-the-less.
    CAP Sweet Mango - 1%
    CAP Yellow Peach - 3%

The vape is a meringue and cream heavy flavour, this is about the upper limit for FA meringue IMO before it starts to overpower with a taste not befitting of its description. The above does however provide a great pavlova base. The torrone enhances the meringue, and gives a flavour as though there is a slight drizzle of lemon curd, but subtle enough that you have to look for it.
    All of the above topping combos are a sort of "backnote" that comes in and out of the overall flavour.

Requires around 3 days minimum steep time.

[​IMG]

Splice.

FA Lime Tahiti Cold Pressed - 2%
    FA Lemon Sicily - 0.5%
    CAP Golden Pineapple - 3%
    FW Sweet Cream - 2%
    FA Fresh Cream - 1%
    FA Madagascar Vanilla - 1drop per 10mL
    OPTIONAL - TPA Koolada - 1% (If you want to emulate the cool ice-cream taste. I find it unnecessary).

This is citrus heavy, and I love it. You could likely drop the lime to 1.5% and up the sweet cream to 3% if you wanted a sweeter, less tangy splice. To me, the above is perfect.

[​IMG]

Tis the season to be jolly, and if you are dreaming of a white Christmas, well.... you better go somewhere else, as Oz is all about sun and beaches at this time of year!
    Fruitcake with brandy?.... No, my family tradition is the beloved pavlova. The most Aussie Chrissie cake there is.
    What is a Pavlova you ask? I feel that there is no need to explain that here.
    And what better way to relax on the beach than with a throwback to childhood via the Splice ice-cream. Surely everyone knows what that is right?.... Right?... If not, think refreshing tangy lime with a dash of pineapple, wrapped around a vanilla ice-cream centre. Summer heaven.

So on that note - a couple of recipes to get primed for the festive season, Australian style:
    Happy Festivus to the Bestuvus! Posted by rupert
    Original Post: http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/t...r-christmas-specials-pavlova-and-splice.1864/

8. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

rupert likes this.
  9. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Lemon Cakes:

FA Lemon Sicily - 3%
    FW Yellow Cake - 3%
    CAP Graham Cracker - 1%
    FA Vienna Cream - 1%
    TFA Cotton Candy - 0.5%

This is still in steeping (aiming for one week before I pull the trigger on if it is a keeper or not), but it smells damn good and is a very satisfying vape off the mixing table, so am posting anyways.

I was aiming for a sweet syrupy cake with a strong lemon bite.

Original post: http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/ruperts-juicebar-lemon-cakes.2005/

10. Angela

Angela Admin

(By Rupert)

Lemon Meringue Pie (LMP).

CAP Lemon Meringue Pie V2 - 5%
    FA Cookie - 1%
    TFA Meringue - 1%
    TFA Vanilla Bean Gelato - 1%
    FA Lemon Sicily - 0.75%

Here, the TFA meringue adds the actual depth of meringue that the cappella flavour does not deliver.
    The cookie gives a bit more to the base of the pie, and I like it better than pie crust flavours, which to me don't do the same in this recipe.
    A bit more lemon increases the lemon flavour (though careful here, as the lemon sicily can get overpowering. The 3/4 of a percent is perfect for me here, but may need to be played with to suit if you want more bite).
    Although it doesn't directly affect the flavour, the gelato enhances mouth feel, giving the vape a "fuller" character, and a little extra sweetness.

Good as a SNV, however, really starts to develop after 3 days, and perfect after 5.

[​IMG]

Original Post: http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/ruperts-juicebar-lmp.2280/#post-74937

MetalOz and margyb like this.
  11. Angela

Angela Admin

(By Rupert)

Poolside.

TFA Cotton Candy - 2%
    TFA Gummy Candy - 2%
    INW Raspberry Konkentrat - 1.5%
    FA Fuji - 1%

Reminiscent of a Raspberry Chewy Candy, this reminded me of childhood summer days at the local pool, scraping together copper coins to hit up the kiosk for a treat. The raspberry and apple lend to the gummy candy and cotton candy to create a nice lolly effect.

[​IMG]

Vapenberg.
    FW Pink Champagne - 8%
    TFA Strawberry Ripe - 4%
    TFA Key Lime - 2%
    INW Honey (1/10 dilution in PG) - 0.5%

My take on a Strawberry and lime cider. Not 100% there, but a good vape none the less. FlavourWest's Pink Champagne is the star here, giving a nice sparkly base for the fruits to sit on top of. The INW Honey brings a more cider-ey flavour to the mix as opposed to simply having the champagne.
    PS: Thanks for the idea regarding the name @Bandsaw

[​IMG]

Original Post: http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/ruperts-juicebar-cider-and-lollies.2879/

Bandsaw likes this.
  12. Angela

Angela Admin

(By Rupert)

Da' Fuzz Mon - (OHW Policeman Clone).

CAP Glazed Doughnut - 7%
    TFA Silly Rabbit Cereal - 6%
    Sucralose - 1%

OHW liquids are talked about as being notoriously sweet, and gunning up coils, which leads me to one conclusion - they contain a good hit of sucralose. Here I started with 1%, which gives the mix a VERY sweet flavour. I felt it was good, but I personally am not a fan of sweetness, so dropped it to 0.5%, and then 0.2% in my last mix.
    If you like a sweet liquid, then the 1% should hit the spot. If you are like me, drop it to 0.5% and see the difference.

The Cereal here was chosen as it is a mock up concentrate of a marshmallow cereal. It has a slightly lemony feel, and lends the sweet cereal flavour well to the mix.
    The Capella is the base here, and gives the lingering doughnut flavour at 7%.

Im pretty happy with the mix now, and have made several 10mL bottles over the past week or so for myself. Great as a shake and vape, as not too many flavours to meld in the mix.

[​IMG]

The next is a recipe for an icy watermelon lychee flavour I picked up while in the UK last year (though I believe it is a US brand). As soon as I tasted it, I knew it was TFA Watermelon being used, so that was the starting point.

DripBeats Pitch (Clone).
    TFA Watermelon - 6%
    TFA Strawberry Ripe - 2%
    TFA Lychee - 1%
    Koolada - 1%
    Menthol - 1%

The koolada and menthol together at these percentages give a really intense icy feel, while not actually imparting flavour that is noticeable over the fruits.

The Watermelon is the base, and the lychee even at only 1% is strong on the palette. The Strawberry is not an up front flavour, but after playing with it a bit, I found it does give more to the watermelon flavour of the liquid.

[​IMG]

Original Post: http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/ruperts-juicebar-a-couple-of-clones.2629/

Bandsaw likes this.
  13. Angela

Angela Admin

(By Rupert)

Baked Strawberry Nuttiness
    An almost bakery strawberry mix, with a nice amount of toasted nuttiness to it.

The mix of Sweet and Ripe strawberry has been my go-to for a long while now, and the proportions can be fiddled with to suit a good range of real/sweet/candyish flavour. For me, generally a 1.5/1 ratio works well.

The nut here is brought out by the Hazelnut, and the Toasted Almond gives the bakery aspect to the liquid.
    I have found that the Toasted Almond is a tricky concentrate, and can really take over a mix if you are not precise with the percentages/volumes. Too much and the "toasted" aspect really dulls everything else.

The catalan cream at 1% is a great addition here, as it takes away the "high notes" of the strawberry, without actually making this just another strawberry and cream mix.

Baked Strawberry Nuttiness.
    TFA Strawberry Ripe - 6%
    CAP Sweet Strawberry RF - 4%
    TFA Toasted Almond - 2%
    TFA Hazelnut DX - 1%
    FA Catalan Cream - 1%

Enjoy!

[​IMG]

Original post: http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/baked-strawberry-nuttiness.3118/#post-106520

laurie9300 likes this.
  14. Angela

Angela Admin

(By Rupert)

Strawberry Lemonade

My strawberry lemonade recipe.
    Strong and tart lemonade, with a sweet note form the strawberry, and an addition of the rainbow sherbet to give it a bit of an edge (I have found that this lends a second dimension of tang to the mix).

Strawberry Lemonade:
    LA Lemonade - 7%
    TFA Strawberry Ripe - 4%
    CAP Sweet Strawberry - 2%
    TFA Rainbow Sherbert - 1.5%
    Sucralose (optional) - 0.5%

margyb likes this.
  15. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles Moderator

16. Pippi

17. Pippi

Ruperts Juicebar - Lemon Curd
    Original Link http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/ruperts-juicebar-lemon-curd.4300/
    Lemon Curd.
    CAP Vanilla Custard V1 - 8%
    LA Lemonade - 2%
    INW Biscuit - 1%
    FLV Milk and Honey - 0.8%
    TFA Vanilla Swirl - 2%

This recipe was my take on a thick lemon curd with a thin biscuit base.
    The Inawera biscuit serves really well here at only 1% to provide the base.
    The bulk of the flavour is made with the vanilla custard, with the vanilla swirl complimenting the thickness with a lighter top note.
    I searched for a while for a flavour that gives creams and custards a more milky flavour with a hint of honey (that isn't like cat piss....). The Flavorah Milk and Honey works well here for just that, and in fact, I also think it provides the biscuit with another layer.

The real star of this recipe is the LA Lemonade.
    I have started using this flavour a LOT in my mixes, as it is hands down the best lemon flavour I have found. So much so I have started ordering litres direct from Lorann.
    At only 2% the Lemonade gives a strong and tart lemon bite that works in with the custard and cream to complete the thick, tart curd.

As always, my mixes are made at 70/30 VG/PG.
    Posted for @laurie9300 and @Pippi
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.