Recommend Me a Battery

Discussion in 'Electronic' started by TobaccoIsDead, Mar 4, 2016.

1. DogMan

DogMan Butler

just realised you meant 30amp lg and 3000mah lg as separate batteries :blush:

2. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I thought there were some new line of LG H? that had manufacturer rating of 3000mah & 30A, I might be wrong but I'm sure I've seen them talked about.
    In either case, the LG batts are more expensive than the Samsung 25Rs, when you work out $/Watt hour.

3. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Ive not tested any 18650's spec-wise personally, so rely on info from other sources, but this re-enforces why it pays to underestimate capacity when it comes to battery ratings.
    The stated ratings are for max continuous discharge though, and a lot of regulated devices now use pulse modulating if memory serves me correctly?

Anyways, no disagreement- 25R's are the best batt's for vaping in my experience.

Gasman, TobaccoIsDead and Noe like this.
  4. DogMan

DogMan Butler

so $3 odd over 300 charge cycles +500mah

300 x 500 = 150,000

$3 / 150,000

5. DogMan

DogMan Butler

they are

but noe says himself in the OP that the best battery for each person is different, depending how they vape, then goes against that b/c lg are a coup0le bucks more and brown [brown was referenced in another thread]

rupert likes this.
  6. Noe

But not if you don't need a 20A rated battery.
    If you only vape at below 30W then a 10A battery with higher mah is going to be better for you & likely more cost effective.

rupert and DogMan like this.
  7. DogMan

DogMan Butler

TobaccoIsDead likes this.
  8. DogMan

DogMan Butler

[​IMG][​IMG]

These are the 30amp. I use 25r or these bc i push my batteries

Problem with the white 30amp is mah and chemistry. They handle 30amp better than anything else. But owing to chemistry when they fail it is catastrophic more than the lower specked ones

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

9. Noe

Which is true, however cost will vary per cell type depending on where you source your cells, so LGs may work out more cost effective than Samsungs or you may find that 25Rs are better value than a 10A rated battery due to having lower cost & the same mah.
    There are more than just specs to consider.

10. DogMan

DogMan Butler

[​IMG][​IMG]

To noe it is not worth $1 between 2 batteries :facepalm:

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

11. Noe

Like I said, prices vary, specs aren't everything when considering batteries.

At those prices the Samsung 30Q look good(not because they are pink :p) they are rated at 15A, so will work for anyone vaping at 50W or less, they use the same INR chemistry as the 25Rs, which is one of the safest Li-Ion chemistry types & for $1 more than the 25Rs but with 500mah added capacity it's a no brainer, get the pink!
    However, I have seen 30Qs for less than 1/2 that price, although you'll be importing them & waiting longer for them to arrive, same with the 25Rs, which I have seen for under $10 per pair.

The VTC5's I wouldn't pay $3 per pair more for with only 100mah (rated capacity - which can be different from actual) more, unless I needed 30A batts but knowing what I do, I doubt those are in fact 30A , probably more like 20A.

12. sirfoxey

sirfoxey Senior Member

A $1 saved, is an extra $1 towards your next Atty

DogMan and TobaccoIsDead like this.
  13. laurie9300

laurie9300 Armature Boy

Here's another mooch image, from just last week

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
    Gasman and TobaccoIsDead like this.
  14. TobaccoIsDead

TobaccoIsDead Toy Boy

Brilliant, thank you! I love a good chart. Not such a fan of brown batteries, though... What is *with* LG and their little brown turd batteries?!

15. laurie9300

laurie9300 Armature Boy

Affectionately know as doo-doo browns...........great batteries though

HG2 = high mAH but still 20A - beats a VTC5
    VTC4 = high drain - beats the HB6

Noe, emu and TobaccoIsDead like this.
  16. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Tinkerbell

I was suprised to learn that aspire actually manufacture their own batteries. I had assumed they were a rewrap. But Demetri (the American greek vaping dude) said on vapour trails that he actually visited their battery factory and apparantly they bought out a battery factory so they could be sure of the specs of the batteries used in their mods as they were really concerned about all the rewraps and bodgy clones out there.

Noe, TobaccoIsDead, emu and 1 other person like this.
  17. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

So OP, given your intonation towards 0.2 to 0.5 resistance coils on temp control and regulated box mods, what are you leaning towards?

Noe, TobaccoIsDead and DogMan like this.
  18. TobaccoIsDead

TobaccoIsDead Toy Boy

Hey Rupert, I made a short-list on Friday, and after I cross-check, triple-check, and doubt myself, the short-list will probably still contain Samsung 25R & 30Q, and LG HE4 & HG2.

I'll likely make my purchase order this week (from an Oz re-seller), and take what I can get from whatever is available from my list.

I've left the Sony VTC's off the list because Fukushima and DogMan's assessment of the disappointing post-meltdown factory... :thumbsdown:

Thanks again to everyone who provided input. Much obliged!! :tiphat:

19. TobaccoIsDead

TobaccoIsDead Toy Boy

Just to close out this thread (if that's what's done), I ordered me 1 each of the LG HE4 2500mAh and Samsung 30Q 3000mAh from the ever-reliable purveyors at VapeKing, and I have the beautiful charts and links and commentary provided here for future reference.

Thanks heeepz!

rupert, DogMan and laurie9300 like this.
  20. DogMan

DogMan Butler

good choices TID