Retailers for experienced Tootle Puffers

Discussion in 'General Hardware Discussion' started by DogMan, Jan 21, 2017.

1. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

I recently made a dig at Perth Jen for over reacting to a vendor not selling tootle puffer gear. But this last few days, I have been looking at what I consider the standard issue aussie vendors, the bigger ones, and there isn't much.

So this thread is a semi discussion/semi list of local or international vendors either catering to, or stocking a lot for tootle puffers

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
    Maria, Judith and Flea like this.
  2. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

I should reserve this post for list type dealings, as advised by discussion

Local

Vapoureyes
    Victory Vape
    Vape King

International

FastTech
    Gearbest

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    Maria and Flea like this.
  3. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

Great Idea Doggie :*

4. 1ynne

1ynne Member

DogMan, Judith and Pippi like this.
  5. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

DogMan likes this.
  6. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I always seem to end up at VapourEyes so I guess they are a useful tootle puffer vendor. Victory Vape are tootle puffer friendly too although they always seem to be out of stock on the item I want when I am buying.

DogMan and Pippi like this.
  7. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

I keep going back to Vape King, and recommending them to smokers. They seem to have everything...except my Genitanks. :(

Thanks for starting this thread Dogman....although I suppose a random smoker looking for a simple set up probably wouldn't have a clue what a 'tootle puffer' is.

8. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

oh, it does say "experienced"

i thought it might be helpful for vapers who have been attached to one old type of coil etc that may be hard to find now? but pippi can edit if you like

2nd post updated with list

Jennifer and Pippi like this.
  9. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

I think the title is fine and we are the forgotten ones ;)
    Not sure about the definition list though - its a bit outdated and tootle puffers can Vape high powered Mods at lower watts these days. Most of mine to go at least 50watts but I rarely Vape over 15 watts.
    I would be interested to know how many cafe folk have those Drip tips - I am guessing at least a few do but not sure its a definition of a Tootle puffer. Thoughts ?
    And yes its a good idea re the coils and I know some people are very attached to coils that may not be around forever (me included)

DogMan and Jennifer like this.
  10. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I don't think a tootle puffer can be defined that easily but one thing I think that is absolutely true is low wattage. I sometimes build sub-ohm coils or use sub-ohm pre-made coils but rarely go above 17 watts and mostly sit on 15 watts. The other thing that seems to apply to all tootle puffers is MTL vaping and I think that is part of the definition. I sometimes direct lung inhale but usually because I think I need a quick nic hit and I don't enjoy it.

I think the drip tip thing was a bit of fun.

Pippi and DogMan like this.
  11. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

That was by the inventor of the term, I think.

Removed anyway

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

12. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

fasttech don't seem to discriminate on style, sub ohmers, mod whompers, tootle puffers all get represented with the nearly latest

not so sure on "legacy" type stuff, coils for early clearos etc though :?:

Pippi and Judith like this.
  13. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Fastech are a great international vendor for tootle puffers. I finally figured out how to buy Nautilus coils on there. You have to buy a gift certificate and use that. PayPal can be a pain sometimes. They only have the 1.6 ohm ones and Gearbest only have the 1.8 ohm ones. Aspire may have already stopped production of Nautilus coils.

Pippi and DogMan like this.
  14. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

FT do have the 1.8 Judith I have some sitting in the cart waiting for the sale on Wednesday.
    Here you go.
    Ps, Ta for the gift cert Tip :)

https://www.fasttech.com/products/3...uthentic-aspire-nautilus-mini-bvc-clearomizer

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
    Judith likes this.
  15. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

FYI - the Aspire coils for the Mini Nautilus, Kabuki & Vika are a tad confusing as with most other pre made coils when you have lower Ohm coils you can Vape higher watts. This is not true with these coils and you can vape slightly higher watts or volts with the 1.8 ohm coils.
    I switched to the 1.8 mainly due to a supply issue but now I wouldn't buy the 1.6 as I far prefer them.
    I am sure many already know this but just thought I would share.

See link below for ratings.

http://www.aspirecig.com/news/news182.html
    Doggie, I didn't know where to put this - let me know if you want it moved to another thread ;)

DogMan and Judith like this.
  16. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

I finally looked at the pre-made coils that come with the Vika and they are 1.8ohm so I guess they think they are the best for the atty (still haven't used them though). I don't think there is a great deal of difference between 1.6 and 1.8 really but I have enough coils of both varieties to last me for a while in the mail and I can always rebuild if I get desperate.

17. Pippi

Pippi Mother of Pudles

As far as I know Aspire are still making the Mini Nautilus - I guess when they stop making them that,s when we will be in a pickle. I imagine they will stop in the next year or two but its just my thoughts and have no concrete evidence.
    In the meantime I will continue to stock pile as funds permit :)

DogMan and Judith like this.
  18. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

:kissing:

all good

i updated the list with FT and GB

Pippi likes this.