San Fransico USA Bans all flavored ejuice sales

Discussion in 'Research, Health and Legal' started by Noe, Jun 7, 2018.

1. emu

emu Senior Member

Grumpy Old Grump Rayjay

Belated happy birthday mate ..!

2. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Not in the least Grumpy....Is it any wonder that Aussies refer to the Ninny Nanny Yanks as Septic Tanks. For my vape $ Yankee go home. Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi! Oi! Oi!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. The Vaper

The Vaper I Vape ∴ I Am

The loss of the flavors in America could devastate the Australian vape industry as well. Let's join the dots..
    Besides flowing on to other US cities, there are a lot of organisations with heavy funding from Big Pharma and the Master Settlement Agreement (which depends on cigarettes sold) that are trying to destroy the vape industry. They are calling on the FDA to ban 'kid friendly' flavors (which is just about anything other than 'tobacco flavor'), and Trump's appointee to head the FDA, Dr Scott Gottlieb, has listened to them very closely in the past.

If they're successful, it won't be long before the ANTZ in Australia will be baying to have vape flavors banned in Australia.
    As do I, but hey, guess where most Oz juice manufacturers get their raw flavors for mixing?

And if you're thinking "no problem, I'll just get my flavors from .. China or wherever". Well, India, Australia and others have been pressuring the FCTC (of the WHO) to 'clamp down' on vaping as well. I expect at the upcoming COP8 (the 'conference of the parties' - nations that signed the FCTC agreement) will likely discuss adding limits or prohibitions on flavors within the FCTC. Both the WHO & FCTC have been historically very anti vape, because they see pharmaceutical companies as being their 'partners'.

If that happens, it will be the closest thing to vapeageddon that could logically happen. And it would be world wide, not just Australia.

So, do you fancy going to the supermarket to try and find flavors free of diacetyl, acetyl propionyl, cinnamaldehyde.. for your vape juice? Because that's the worst case scenario of how this might play out.

Even if you don't give a toss about anyone else, don't make the mistake of presuming this won't affect you.

Rayjay, jslJustin and RC. like this.
  4. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

@The Vaper There are many sources of flavours available that can be used to flavour e-juice. As long as you know what Humectants are used. I have experimented with NZ flavours used for food and beverage flavours and have found the results satisfactory. The ones I have tried use PG as a Humectant and that is considered safe. If you do experiment with food flavours, which most concentrates are , make sure to avoid lipid based ones. Pay strict attention to the list of ingredients of the flavour and check the additive codes codes. You can find out about food additives here http://www.foodstandards.gov.au/consumer/additives/additiveoverview/Pages/default.aspx

Yes I have looked at supermarket flavours and as I have said above did make sure there were no diacetyl, acetyl propionyl, cinnamaldehyde

The biggest problem with most concentrates / flavours (and that btw, can apply to tobacco flavours) is that thus far, no one has been able to predict what the long term effects of inhaling these flavour is. I have been vaping now for neigh on 5 years and so far have had no adverse effects to any.

Currently I am experimenting with with a Cherry Bourbon concentrate from NZ which uses PG as a Humectant and contains Whisky and Bourbon flavours, water, caramel colour cherry flavour, and contains milk products and gluten. Ok this may not be suited to gluten intolerant people but for me this is fine.

Now, I have ordered concentrates from Juice Factory and other sources, as have many others. Does JF labels contain the list of ingredients used? Or for that matter any other concentrate retailer?
    How safe are those concentrates if we wish to be truly pedantic and know just what it is we are vaping? Do the concentrate retailers provide those that want to know a MSDS?

As to vapeagedon, the chances of that happening is as I see it 50/50 Big Tobacco and Big Pharma have container loads of their devices ready to go just as soon as Australian legislators get their fingers out of their proverbial butts.

The current proposed ban on kiddie flavours is understandable as some people and there have been reports of this; are careless in storing their e-juice and kids have got hold of it and smelling nice have drank it. Alas, these careless people are the ones that have caused this dilemma.

Am I in favour of a kiddie flavours ban? well to a point yes for the reason stated in the above paragraph. You might also remember in years gone by candy look alike cigarettes were also banned. I certainly do not want to see kids take up either smoking or vaping. Vaping was to all intents and purposes to help smokers to get off stinkies. Not as some form of new trendy past time.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018 at 8:57 AM
  5. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

Just to add to the above post, I have also read that our nemesis Chapman is whinging about e-juice not having proper labelling especially when it comes to nicotine content, content. When I first started vaping I did import nic juice from China until I discovered NZ and other closer and better sources. One juice in paricular, I ordered was for 12mg nic, when I tried to vape it I damn near threw up and had a nic od. When tested it was 36mg. Wtf.. incorrectly labelled. Never in my life have I smoked or vaped 36mg products. Did the vendor care? Not in the least !!!!! Yes they were sent the test report.

6. Snidely_Whiplash

Snidely_Whiplash New Member

On the up side, San Fransisco may have just turned into an emerging market for mail order flavour doublers !!!

Rayjay likes this.
  7. Rayjay

Rayjay Senior Member

LMAO Now we can charge them exbhirbitant freight.
    Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

8. Snidely_Whiplash

Snidely_Whiplash New Member