1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Series Squonk Mod, Project#1 - Semi Mechanical.

Discussion in 'Modding and Technical' started by rupert, Jul 10, 2016.

1. btobw

btobw Member

Well done rupert - very nice! It must be very satisfying :clap2:

rupert and DogMan like this.
  2. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Thanks Di, it really is! :)
    Im loving it a the moment.

btobw likes this.
  3. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I've been in and out of the forum for quite a while now but I just wanted to congratulate you Rupert on what certainly appears to be a job very well done.

Is there no end to your talents.

Master juice designer ( notice not maker) ,mod builder and of course crazy chemist.

Good work and thanks for sharing the process

rupert likes this.
  4. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Thanks @Gasman you are to kind :) It was a stressful, and rewarding process.
    I think now that I have the basics down, the next builds will be much easier (and neater! lol).

Hope to see you round here more mate :) Missed your banter.

Gasman likes this.
  5. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Nice work mate, looks like you have lots of wasted space internally, that you can cut out of the V2 ;)

rupert likes this.
  6. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I expect to see your next creation on P.Busardos slab being dissected and praised receiving his elusive street shout out.

I've been hovering but have had nothing to input into any topics.
    My banter has been missing in action lately for different reasons but thanks.

7. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

Thanks Noe :)
    Definitely! This was a great exercise and there is room for improvement on the next one for sure :) I think having a Yihi chip will allow me to cut down on space even more, as there is limited wiring.
    I also took a precautionary approach to this build, and over engineered the wire gauges to make sure that amp limits were handled with a lot of room for error. The 14G wire is over engineered for 30amps (which as we know is more than an 18650 will deliver), but better safe than sorry.
    That has led to more voltage drop than I would have liked, and taken up more space internally, but also gave me piece of mind :)

Haha, cheers dude. I don't think that this would make it to Mr Busardo's table though :D

Gasman likes this.