1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

show us your HANDCHECK vca!

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by ivanDOTJ, Jun 12, 2015.

1. KayP

KayP Senior Member

2. KayP

KayP Senior Member

3. Cat

Cat New Member

MMM Purppple Purrrr

4. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Get a better tank & you'd have a good PV there ;)

Flea and Aussie like this.
  5. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Photovoltaics?

Edit: Tsk.. personal vaporiser.. duh
    What would be a better tank then?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  6. Noe

[​IMG]

Not quite in the hand but close enough LOL

laurie9300, snuffy, KayP and 2 others like this.
  7. Noe

IMO almost anything other than an Aromamizer.

I'll let you know how this new Fumytech Windforce I have performs :)
    Going to drop in my own coils, I dislike the N80 wire in the coils they supplied but they are well made coils & at least they identified the wire used unlike many other manufacturers. @DogMan would probably like them, I may send them his way, when I have something else to send over that way :)
    So I chose a pair of Kanthal fused claptons to use in it. It says on the box it comes with a screwdriver & an allen key, allen key check, screwdriver missing... not that I needed another screwdriver but if it's supposed to be in the box, it should be there.

snuffy likes this.
  8. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

My Aromamizer is terrific! Mines a V2 though, I haven't tried the supreme....

snuffy likes this.
  9. KayP

KayP Senior Member

I see..

My second-ever tank was an Aromamizer. Today I own three Aromamizers with a 4th one on pre-order. Suffice to say, I like them.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

snuffy, Noe and DogMan like this.
  10. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Pass. I make my coils

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Flea, iamTezr and snuffy like this.
  11. KayP

KayP Senior Member

The Supreme sports a slightly larger chimney chamber and build deck than the V1/V2, allowing you to throw in larger coils into it. I don't have a V2, but the Supreme is more airy when compared to the V1; the AF on the V1 is restrictive. The flavour is still on point.

I own a V1, Supreme and V-RDA. I have been restraining myself from buying a V2 and a second Supreme (Limited Edition), but I could not resist pre-ordering the new Plus. I also own a Boreas and Bellas which are similar.

A Mizer (my nickname for Aromamizer) has been in my daily rotation since the beginning of my vape journey.

This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017
  12. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

I've been eyeing out the Aromamizer and glad you guys are happy with it which I'll put back on my wishlist. But I think the GV Ammit might have to come first since I heard there's a lot of happy people using it.

snuffy likes this.
  13. KayP

KayP Senior Member

As a disclaimer I should mention I have never had good success with the Aromamizer RDTAs and horizontal coils. I have had good results with vertical coils.

snuffy likes this.
  14. snuffy

snuffy Guest

There's something to be said about the effectiveness of drawing air vertically through the middle of a hot coil wrapped in cotton, simple but effective. We just have to figure out how to wrap cotton around the outside instead of threading it through the middle.

laurie9300 likes this.
  15. Noe

Take a look at the WindForce review by Zophievapes below.

I haven't been using it very long but I agree all the threads, & machining are top notch, as is the black coating which isn't going to chip or peel without a lot of abuse.
    Building on the deck was a breeze (dual coil), my version isn't the collectors edition but it is the exact same tank minus a few extras, like no single coil deck, no additional chimney (only the top afc one included), only 4x N80 Stapled fused claptons, one type of cotton & only 4x hex grub screw replacements (no phillips head type). Wicking it was also made very easy, due to the JFC ring, which just slides over the wicks & traps them in place, it's the best of many similar wick trapping systems I have used.
    Can't really comment on the flavor yet, the wics are still breaking in but there seems to be plenty of flavor coming through over the cottony taste, I am running it very under powered at 39W on a 0.336 ohm build & with 65/35 PG/VG juice but there is plenty of fog being created too.

snuffy likes this.
  16. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Thanks but I'll pass.

snuffy, iamTezr and DogMan like this.
  17. KayP

KayP Senior Member

[​IMG]
    I finally got around to trying out the Goon and it's a very good RDA indeed.
    I intended to pair it with a Lost Vape Triade (red leather door); however, my Triade decided to die after a mere three puffs :(

laurie9300 and DogMan like this.
  18. laurie9300

The V2 is virtually identical to the V1, (I have a V1 too) except it has a proper metal AFC ring instead of that stupid rubber band....

My Bellus is also one of my favorite tanks of all time!

DogMan likes this.
  19. laurie9300

I ruin verticals in my Mizer too, I don't know about KayP, but I wick them through the coil and it's a great vape.

Having said that, I have also had great success with verticals wicked on the outside, but that was in outrage attys...

Noe, snuffy and DogMan like this.
  20. KayP

KayP Senior Member

I wick them the conventional way too, i.e. through the coils. After bedding in the vertical coils, I detach them from the build deck, wick them and then replace them on the deck.

I haven't tried using horizontal coils in a Mizer for a while; however, I did recently try it in the Boreas. I didn't have good results; the flavour was muted. I had experienced similar results with the Mizer. IMO the AF was not landing on the whole coil, which in turn created hot spots and singed cotton. I'm sure I did something wrong as there are plenty of folks who don't have such issues. In the meantime vertical coils are working exceptionally well for me.

laurie9300, Noe and DogMan like this.