1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Sigelei 75w tc

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by Gasman, Sep 27, 2015.

1. emu

emu Banned

Yeah Dave mine are only 20 and 30 watt and both haven't deteriorated at all, the only thing I can't work out is why I have to have the 30 watt stick on 4 volts to get the same effect as the 20 watt stick on 3 volts.....

2. DaveJ

DaveJ I Vape

The 20 watt iStick has a failing. (well, several, but that's for another day).

The iStick 20 cannot turn down it's output below a certain level - even though it's display says it has turned down the output. In essence, when running it at "low outputs" it is putting out more power than you ask for.

The istick 30/50 do not suffer this limitation.

Dave C and emu like this.
  3. Dave C

Dave C Member

Yeah that's weird, got me stumped :shrug: you'd think they'd be the same.

emu likes this.
  4. Dave C

Dave C Member

That answers our question, thanks Dave:thumbup:

emu and DaveJ like this.
  5. emu

emu Banned

The 30 watt is sub ohm, might be something in the electronics,

Dave C and DaveJ like this.
  6. emu

emu Banned

I'll have to break out the multi meter now, you got me curious.

Dave C likes this.
  7. Dave C

Dave C Member

Makes sence that's the only diffence between the two

emu likes this.
  8. DaveJ

DaveJ I Vape

Tis. I read up about it in another place. It was all entirely too techie, but the bottom line was that it could only go down as low as something like "95 percent of battery voltage" or something similar.

Basically, our vaping batteries operate somewhere between 3.3 to 4.2 volts - depending on it's state of charge. The electronics in modern VW mods takes that, looks at the atty resistance, and makes the output whatever is needed to make the coil heat to so many watts. The iStick 20 cannot drop the output voltage below that "so much of battery charge" - or at least that was the way I remember reading it.

So, iffn ya want to run low watts (less than about 8 or so), ya need a higher resistance coil - try a 2 or 2.5 ohm coil to get ya watts down on an iStick 20.

9. Dave C

Dave C Member

You are a fauntaine of knowledge David! :sillygrin:

DaveJ and emu like this.
  10. DaveJ

DaveJ I Vape

Sometimes. Only sometimes.

Just so happens I remember reading about it. Others have also been caught by exactly the same thing ... the iStick 20 "running hot".

emu and Dave C like this.
  11. emu

emu Banned

Have to take your word for it, take the tank off hit the fire button and the screen says "no atomizer" .
    Must need a circuit with resistance to function, what else is there to do on a Sunday afternoon......?

Dave C likes this.
  12. DaveJ

DaveJ I Vape

That is exactly what should happen.

Normal protection smarts. Helps save you from doing something silly. And from errors/mistakes/shorts/overloading the battery.

13. Dave C

Dave C Member

BEER!!!!!:banana:

Browny, DaveJ and emu like this.
  14. emu

emu Banned

I don't drink and got no drugs so straightville for me, (contrary to random chat post's) aaaaw just trying to fit in.
    Honesty from this day forward

15. Dave C

Dave C Member

Whaaaat!!! No Drugs or beer, that would be the end for me.:hanged: :sillygrin:

emu likes this.
  16. emu

emu Banned

It explains my insanity :hmmm:[​IMG]

Dave C likes this.
  17. DaveJ

DaveJ I Vape

hey fellas

This has now strayed well away from the original intent of the thread... Do you reckon we can move the lighthearted stuff elsewhere, please?

The Vaper, Dave C and emu like this.
  18. DogMan

DogMan Butler

Posts on an attie with a coil on it. + to +. - to -. Not sure if your tanks will allow that, very easy with rda

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

Browny and emu like this.
  19. emu

emu Banned

Rub it in dogman, but you have given me an idea, might have to pull an old coil apart though, always wondered what's inside....

DogMan likes this.
  20. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

All rechargeable batteries have a number of duty cycles from new, each time you drain them & recharge them, 1 cycle is used up.
    For Li-Ion the number is usually around 300 cycles, Li-Poly (usually what built in batteries are) have around the same number of duty cycles.
    If you push your batteries hard, by making them run at or close to their maximum performance, the number of duty cycles can be reduced, ie. you are reducing the life expectancy.
    Also, as the battery goes through charge cycles, it will lose some of its capacity, a brand new battery will always hold more charge than one that is half way through its duty cycles for example & have better run times.

Generally, I expect an 18650 battery to last me 2 yrs, since i rotate my batteries, charging one while using another, then swapping them in & out of the mod.
    In a single battery mod, if you are rotating 2 batteries, then you can roughly expect 2yrs use from them, if you are getting a full day's use from a charge.
    Take those same batteries, put them into a dual 18650 mod, with series battery connection (stacked) & I have found that this doubles the run times, so instead of the expected 2 full days use from 2 fully charged batts, I get 4 full days use. This means I am recharging them 1/2 as often, which in turn means I now expect those batts to last me 4 years, instead of 2yrs, because the number of duty cycles is still the same.
    This is why I now prefer dual battery mods over single battery mods, sure they are a little larger but in the long term they are saving me some money, not that I'll save enough to take a holiday or anything but it's still money saved.

Running a mod in TC mode, will, I think, cause the batteries to run for longer, because the coil is only going to get the power it needs to keep the temperature constant(ish). When you have 40w set in TC mode, the mod only fires at up to 40w until the coil reaches the temp you have it set to, it then drops to a much lower wattage (10w or there abouts) & fluctuates to keep the temperature stable.
    So a dual batt TC mod, running batteries in series, is conceivably going to have your batteries lasting even longer than 4 years.

The Vaper, Gasman and DaveJ like this.