1. Call to Action! Vapers, please submit your story to the Federal Inquiry into Ecigs by July 6th, and let's get nicotine legalised: Submit Here

For help with your submission please read This Guide

Dismiss Notice

SMOK ALIEN 220w

Discussion in 'Electronic' started by vapeman88, Oct 18, 2016.

1. vapeman88

vapeman88 New Member

what are people's thoughts on the smok alien 220w box mod? And does anyone know any Aussie stores who have stock? Tia

2. rupert

rupert Crazy Chemist

I dont have one, but the people I know that do all have the same problem with the paint job being crap, and it chipping easily.

emu and vapeman88 like this.
  3. vapeman88

vapeman88 New Member

Hmmm I've heard that on one of the reviews I think it was "the vaping bogan" on YouTube who said so. I wonder if the painted trim is removable? To give it some clear coat protection or something.

emu likes this.
  4. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

I also heard that the fire "button" (actually its more of a trigger/entire side) rattles on a lot of them.

5. Steve H

Steve H Member

No rattles on the one I acquired yesterday and so far none of the other niggles that have been pointed out ..misfires etc though I have tried to do the firmware update and even following the instructions I keep getting a Invalid chip id error might have to go back to the vendor and ask WTF i'm doing wrong ?

emu likes this.
  6. Noe

Did you get it new or 2nd hand?
    If new it would have an Authenticity sticker on the box, which you should check, even 2nd hand it may have that & you should check it.
    If it's a clone that would explain the invalid chip message.

7. emu

emu Banned

Eleaf sent me an email warning about clones, they said the only way to know for sure is to do a firmware upgrade and if it doesn't upgrade then you have a Fake product.
    So if you have done everything correctly @Steve H it could well be a non genuine article :cry:

8. Steve H

Steve H Member

Brand new yesterday at the new Vapoureyes shop here in Adelaide so i doubt if they would knowingly sell a dodgy mod

9. Noe

Did you check the authenticity sticker on the box?
    Not saying VE would sell you a dodgy mod, knowingly but if the authenticity sticker doesn't confirm authenticity, then VE may have got a batch of clones unknowingly.

10. Steve H

Steve H Member

Checked authentication code today its the real thing guess I must be doing something wrong might go see them at the weekend and see if they can help me with it as I dont want to f**k my Alien up !

emu and Noe like this.
  11. iamTezr

iamTezr Senior Member

@Steve H try using a different cable and a different computer/laptop.
    Sometimes it could be the cable, other times it could be the computer/laptop that couldn't detect/recognise the hardware therefore it cannot proceed further to update the firmware.

Noe and emu like this.