Squonkers are bonkers

Discussion in 'General Hardware Discussion' started by DogMan, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Deadonarrival

Deadonarrival Senior Member

Ok so with just over a week under the belt with the gbox I thought I would post an update. This has turned into a daily driver very easily for me. It's not left my side since I have had it and learning to build the pulse properly hasn't helped. I'm in flavour town and loving it!

A couple of things I have found though:

1) This thing is bulky. While fine in my work pants, in shorts and jeans etc this thing can quite easily get into a weird angle and start digging into your leg.

2) if you get a perfect seal you can get it to "auto squonk". I managed to do this by complete accident while drunk on Christmas night. I realised I had vape without squonking at all through a bottle with no sign of the coil tasting a bit dry and have managed to do it once afterwards. Still trying to get it to do this at all times.

3) The paint on the mod is a little susceptible to keys/pocket knife/other random sharp pocket items.

[​IMG]

Still need to build the radar rda and test that. Maybe I'll do that this arvo before going out.

KayP, sirfoxey and DogMan like this.
  2. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Pippi likes this.
  3. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

:?:

No

[​IMG]

Pippi likes this.
  4. KayP

KayP Senior Member

No.

Sent from a galaxy phone, far, far away.

Pippi likes this.
  5. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Took the Sapor and GBox setup with me to work today. GBox is a little fat but makes a decent regulated mod. The Sapor, however, vapes just as deliciously as I remember from before and is even more awesome now in squonk mode; I should have converted it a long time ago.

sirfoxey, Flea, Pippi and 1 other person like this.
  6. KayP

KayP Senior Member

It appears that the GBox is not very good at discharging/utilising the dual batteries evenly:
    First batch discharged all the way until "check battery": One was at 22% and other 49%.
    Second batch: One was at 16% and the other 43%.

Charge levels were obtained via my Efest Luc6 charger. Going through my third batch in GBox now and will keep an eye on it. Will also use the first two batch of batterries in other mods to rule out bad pairings.

emu likes this.
  7. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

bummer

8. emu

emu Senior Member

Shame it hasn't got the board from the Vaporesso Revenger in it, that OMNI board 2.2 is awesome for balancing the charge and discharge not to mention the TC is second to none..!
    They need to make a squonker :nod:

trumpy955 likes this.
  9. KayP

KayP Senior Member

I do not own any Vaporesso mods, but if their proprietary board functions that well then a regulated dual or triple battery mod will be welcomed; however, I will not appreciate it if it looks like a phone..

DogMan likes this.
  10. Deadonarrival

Mine have always been pretty close when needing charging. No further than .1 away from each other. My 510 though how ever may be coming loose. It wiggled back and forth slightly before increasing the rda

emu and DogMan like this.
  11. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Bugger, that indeed is not good news.
    What do you mean by "..before increasing the rda"?

DogMan likes this.
  12. Deadonarrival

Weird. I wrote unscrewing but my phone wants to correct it to increasing:rofl:

13. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

mine corrects "snus" to "anus" :rofl:

Flea, Gasman, Pippi and 2 others like this.
  14. KayP

KayP Senior Member

It seems that the 510 may have been press fit from the top. Reminds me of the issues Wismec had with their Predator mod. If so, pity Geekvape didn't learn something from that incident.

Deadonarrival and DogMan like this.
  15. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Have gone through 30mls of liquid on the Sapor and GBox setup and have apparently had 899 puffs; seems awfully high :shrug:

Pippi and DogMan like this.
  16. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Finished using my third batch of batts in GBox and loaded it in the charger: One read 35% and the other 65%. Weird. Removed and moved the batts to different slots: One read 15% and the other 25%. Something is wrong with my Luc6 charger now as well. Guess will have to replace it..

DogMan likes this.
  17. Deadonarrival

Well the gbox just died. Won't pick up coils/atomizer. 510 connector is slightly raised. Back to the inbox I go, just as well as I had it on hand for tonight almost forgot to put it into my work bag.

18. emu

emu Senior Member

These Gboxes are a bit of a worry, sorry to hear that DOA. Happy to hear you had a backup though..!

19. Deadonarrival

It was not even a month old. It's put me off the geekvape stuff even all my smok gear wasn't as problematic as that.

emu likes this.
  20. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

They pulled the v1 from production quick. This was meant to be the fixed version. Looks worse than the v1 100watt s100