Squonkers are bonkers

Discussion in 'General Hardware Discussion' started by DogMan, Jun 8, 2015.

1. laurie9300

laurie9300 Photoshop Whore

2. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

Hi all :hi:

Looking to get hubby a regulated squonk for work/home, Im thinking a new toy might get him interested in vaping more again , but got know idear about them or which is good or whats not

Just watched a couple of reviews and was thinking the new ijoy capo or the sigelei 213 might be a good start as he likes the mods from both companies
    Any thorghts or recommendations

DogMan likes this.
  3. Flea

Flea Senior Member

@DogMan should be able to help you Wanda.

Wanda likes this.
  4. Deadonarrival

Deadonarrival Senior Member

From memory the Capo is designed for use with low ohm builds only and doesn't really like anything above .5ohms. Gives a weak hit from memory at around that stage and possibly earlier. Have not heard much around the 213 mod sorry.

Wanda and DogMan like this.
  5. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Just saw this.

There are 2 capos now. Single cell and dual. The problem with them is that they only buck voltage, not boost. So wattage can only be adjusted down from battery voltage, not up.

The fuchai is apparently good at vw, but sucks at tc.

If your budget can stretch to a vt inbox by hcigar, around 60 usd on ft, then they are worth the extra 10 or 20 bucks

Flea and Wanda like this.
  6. Wanda

Wanda Senior Member

Thanks for that DOA and D,man will have a look at that one for sure

Got a week to sort out a good one while new year brake is going on in china so will keep looking

Flea and DogMan like this.
  7. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

3rd from the left, at the back

it has landed in melbourne, but might not get here until monday

:cancan:

Flea likes this.
  8. Deadonarrival

@KayP do you have any of the rebel mods you suggested? Think I may have made my mind up

9. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

10. Cloudy

Cloudy Senior Member

Got the pulse up and running. Thank You DogMan!
    Put in a couple of Kanthals @0.33 and a nice Sony battery. The flavour is superb and the vapor is smooth. I am enjoying ny intriduction to squonking.
    However it does not hit very hard! I can't really describe it, its just a bit insipid. Am I doing something wrong? or is this just the reality of a single cell mechanical? is there another safe type of build I can try?

KayP, Deadonarrival and DogMan like this.
  11. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

single cell mechs can be like that

a smaller RDA, like an 016 or even a 22mm instead of 24 might help, but not guaranteed

:sorry:

Deadonarrival and Cloudy like this.
  12. Deadonarrival

And it now lives again! Ended up having to buy all new wire and a soldering set. I'm guessing when the 510 connector came loose it destroyed the wire. So I rewired the mod, tightened up the locking hex nut and now it's working. Still needed a new mod though...

Flea, KayP and DogMan like this.
  13. Cloudy

Cloudy Senior Member

Thank You. The Pulse 24 is fantastic as a dripper on a dual battery regulated mod. It is good to know it is not something I am doing wrong, I just need to understand the mod and what it is capable of to get the best out of it. I will persist and chase up a squonk pin for my 22m Tsunami or maybe look to the pulse 22 single coil.

Deadonarrival and DogMan like this.
  14. Cloudy

Cloudy Senior Member

Oh
    don't be sorry, you have done nothing but good as far as I can see!:dog:

Deadonarrival and DogMan like this.
  15. sirfoxey

sirfoxey Senior Member

I have a lipo DNA 250 squonker which I use for all my low dual coil builds. On my mechs I tend to stick to a single coil and in most cases a SS coil as the ramp up with the SS single coil is fast and hits harder. Once you move to exotic coils or dual coils, the ramp up time is very slow and you loose the hit.
    Your pulse 24 can do single coils very nicely and I have my pulse 24 on my single 18650 pcan sqonker with a .35ohm SS single coil and it has a smooth vape, but with a nice hit too.

DogMan and Cloudy like this.
  16. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Hi. No, I have not yet pulled the trigger; however, it has not left my mind. I did ask a couple of folks, on YouTube and another vaping forum, and they were 'overly' happy with their purchase. I was/have been looking at the 167W DNA Squonker in Ally Black (this one's colour will not fade as easily) and an additional battery door which does not have Rebel's spade logo.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

17. KayP

KayP Senior Member

Try Stainless Steel coil(s). In my experience it will perform better on a single battery mech mod.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Cloudy likes this.
  18. Deadonarrival

Exactly what I went with. The 167 squonker in ally black. Didn't get the extra door though as I don't mind the spade (for now). I can't wait for it to get here.

KayP likes this.
  19. Cloudy

Cloudy Senior Member

OK round two. A couple of twisted SS @ .12 and it is awsome! can't say as I like the flavour as much with SS but I guess I can't have it all my way. Really enjoying it now. Thanks again Dogman and VCA!

KayP and DogMan like this.