1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

SSDP conference, Colleen Hartland

Discussion in 'Politics, News, Media, Campaigns' started by Dr Attila Danko, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Dr Attila Danko

Dr Attila Danko V.I.P.

I'm at this conference right now, I'm speaking tomorrow. SSDP stands for Students for Sensible Drug Policy. Colleen Hartland, well known Greens anti vaping politician, is now on a panel. I'm going to ask her about vaping soon. The SSDP and the crowd is on our side, so it will be interesting!

sirfoxey, Aqualung, Angela and 3 others like this.
  2. margyb

margyb Great Balls of Fire

Good luck
    please keep us informed :):)

link https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/ssdp-aus-conference-2017-tickets-35991076278

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  3. RC.

RC. Senior Member

Sensible drug policy................... Hmmmm ..........makes we wonder a bit about how a substance is defined as an actual drug.

margyb likes this.
  4. Dr Attila Danko

Dr Attila Danko V.I.P.

Well, that was great. Colleen was feeling very alone on the panel. I pointed out many in the crowd are vapers. I asked her why she wanted me to be punished for giving up smoking and why she wanted to protect the cigarette industry. Fiona Patten and Gabe from the LDP backed me up (Gabe is a new vaper). We debated back and forth and when she trotted out the line about how many ecig companies are owned by Big Tobacco I offered her $1000 if she could find a BT product among any of the dozen or so vapers in the audience.

5. Dr Attila Danko

Dr Attila Danko V.I.P.

Surprisingly, Colleen approached me afterwards and wanted a chat. It was quite civil and it also became clear that it was the Cancer Council lobbying that made the politicians decide the way they did. Their lobbying was very professional and powerful propaganda (eg. Hello Kitty vape pictures,). Colleen said she was open to further discussion. I'll pursue that.

Jennifer, sirfoxey, margyb and 2 others like this.