Starter kit killer!!!

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by sonnen, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Agree wholeheartedly with that statement. Personal satisfaction is what it's all about in my opinion. No two people are the same with what works for one not working or interesting to the other. Quiting and staying off the smokes is paramount but you'd be a fool not to keep an eye on all the studies that are being done. For me I enjoy the journey and experimentation and vaping is now a hobby I enjoy. Just wish the goverment would take the blinkers off and start to embrace all these studies that have already been done. It would truly be criminal if vaping is banned and they have to be blind Freddy now not to see it.

Browny and margyb like this.
  2. Dr Attila Danko

Dr Attila Danko Senior Member

Most of these issues are the difference between 99% safer or 99.2% safer. If we had it slightly less safe or more addictive but it meant the difference between 40% switching or 80% switching the calculations on public health benefits are a no brainer whatsoever. Unfortunately the 0.2% differences in safety are what the prohibitionists focus on, and magnify up out of all proportion, and they have the effect of keeping more people smoking. Most people are vulnerable to scare stories and don't have enough science/statistics literacy to see through them. Wherever we can, we need to politely but firmly ask them; so what effect will this scaremongering have on people continuing to smoke who might have switched otherwise? Have you thought how this scaremongering supports Big Tobacco? Have you thought that tobacco companies would not have any credibility making people fear switching to a far safer product, so they are grateful for your scaremongering efforts on their behalf?

IGsrGR8, Browny, Jennifer and 4 others like this.
  3. DaveJ

DaveJ I Vape

Thank you Dr Attila.

[Takes out the seldom used but ready to go Kanger Subtank and takes a long and very satisfying deep lung hit. My eyes will stop watering soon - I hope :)]

4. DogMan

DogMan Mutley

Thanks Dr AD

Do you have any opinion on natural extracts? I use both NET and extracts of herbs, spices, coffee, cocoa... I know Dr F ran some tests on NET liquids

I direct lung high nic low resistance, I don't chain vape that way

5. Broony

Broony Senior Member

In regards to flavourings, if inhalation was a major problem we would have heard about long before now, just like we hear about popcorn lung. In an cake making factory flavourings have been used for tens of decades, then you have restaurants, MacDonalds and KFC pumping flavours out of their establishments purposely. If you smell it then you are inhaling it.

Judith likes this.
  6. xusia

xusia New Member

We appreciate it! We do. Although I am probably slightly above newbie level now, I went through a few (sometimes uncomfortable) learning experiences before discovering the internet forums. The worst was accidentally getting a couple of drops of liquid on my tongue. Washed it out immediately, but still spent the next half hour feeling incredibly sick. Now - I'm at the stage where I'd like to do a bit of juice making, cloud chasing, and rebuildables.

7. Broony

Broony Senior Member

I lasted about two weeks on my quit attempt in '08/'09 first with nicorette inhaler then a fancy e-cig/e-stick, neither of them did it for me and I was like a grizzly bear woken up in deepest winter.

DaveJ likes this.
  8. Dr Attila Danko

Dr Attila Danko Senior Member

Again, it's the difference of a fraction of a percent and if it helps keep you off the smokes, it's better. I used to be a NET and WTA freak but recently have dropped the NET's but still keep up with the WTA's through snus.

DaveJ and DogMan like this.
  9. Broony

Broony Senior Member

I would suggest the nautilus as it is easy to fill and the coils can handle higher vg mix than the protank. Ialso prefer glass tank as when I started this time reading warnings of e-liquids effecting plastic put me off.

DaveJ, Judith and DogMan like this.