1. Thank you to all those who submitted to the Federal Inquiry into E-Cigarettes for making your story count in the fight to legalise nicotine in Australia. Submissions may be viewed HERE.
    Dismiss Notice

Subi Vapor Cigalikes

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by Noe, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

Yeah I'd be surprised if the Subi Vapor rechargeable battery was 380mah, I think it may be 280mah but I wouldn't stake my reputation(what little of it remains) on that.

Jennifer and emu like this.
  2. Beau Pracilio

Beau Pracilio Member

Ok
    Ok let me just pass on a few words here.

Comparing SubiVapor™ to a product that doesn't have the medical standards we do is not really right.
    The cartomizers were 12mg and were designed for some clinical tests, So the vapor was not meant to be massive.

These Carts were only 1/2 full for the tests which was my mistake for not telling you.

The Volume when full is 2.1ml as apposed to Boge's which is .8ml. I might also add when we tested Boges products they didnt pass the standards test that we set at the time, Yes I know Blu uses Boge any way completely different products.

You didnt say if you charged the unit prior to using it ? Because its deigned to use One full Cart on One full Charge, Their NOT designed for people to get a
    "jewelers screwdriver, inserted into the air hole on the hard cap, you need to lever the cap off".... Not impressed you mentioned that TBH.

The Battery Disposable and Rechargeable do have safety built into the unit it wont charge, it might blink for a second but it wont continue.
    The design of the 2, Fair call but we will not continue with disposables anyway.
    The Battery Liquid and Cart are all balanced to be within specification....

The comment in regards to the Istick and using 45mg Liquid is crazy in my opinion and way too much but hey I'm not telling you what to do but I would advise to cut back on the high dose, with high temp units unless you use low V Low Ohm coils its still too high a dose really, but if your up over the 6V 15Ohms at that dose then hey thats your call.. You must have a good set of lungs on you.
    I would not recommend a new person switching to vapor to ever go that high a does.

As for the Price of the Starter Pack at $20 thats pretty reasonable for the Standards we have achieved and of the people that use Subi Vapor™ there's only been one unhappy customer because the Pack was Zero nicotine. Which isn't a bad deal really.
    The Carts I had on hand for testing with Nicotine like I said were only 1/2 full just remember.

With our 6packs for a "Green Vaper" theres more value in volume for the price and quantity as apposed to virtually any other Brand as they generally come in 5 packs with less volume.

I know ours last longer, because we've hooked up just about every Brand to our puff testing system.

Now last but not least 6yrs was not on spent on these 2 units alone I have 8 units All tested and a lot more advanced but not releasing then "Yet".
    The other reason for not launching any products was until the Facility had the appropriate Standards I had to achieve which wasnt an easy task.
    That alone took 2.5yrs to have all the Standards in place, and product testing was a long process.

Anyway All good not really the type of review I've ever come across before.

Most people talk about the Flavor and the experience, They don't go pulling units apart and telling everyone about the setup of the device.
    If you purchased a New car you wouldn't pull it apart would you.
    The Instructions clearly say don't tamper with the Cartomizers or Device, you do know what Public Liability and indemnity are right?
    There's another reason why Local products are advisable then other products because who's got you covered if your Innokin suddenly malfunctions or the vapor you use at 45mg causes you issues later?
    Good luck trying to do anything about that.

If people follow the instructions don't mess with our units and they want to be in good hands, then Subi Vapor™ Starter packs and Carts are perfect for Green Vapers and our other products TBR will be a good alternative for those more experienced vapers.

Cheers

3. Beau Pracilio

Beau Pracilio Member

No that unit is not 380 Mah and I didnt say that it is?
    If your going to start making statements about the setup of our units and pull shit apart dont expect a reasonable reply.
    Go and check how other people do reviews.
    This is just disrespectful and none of anyones business really to be stating in a review.
    You want to pass judgement on the Flavour,vapor if thats what your expecting from the device, and the overall experience then fine. Other then that, I'd prefer you kept All other views to yourself.
    Thanks

4. Beau Pracilio

Beau Pracilio Member

Maybe READ THE INSTRUCTIONS .
    What does DISPOSABLE MEAN?
    As for Disposables its Not Rocket Science. Give me a break this is the typical crap I was talking about.
    People shoot their mouth off about Things They shouldnt and dont follow instructions.
    See the top Of the Rechargeable Pack?
    Whats it Say ?
    Please see Manual inside Pack for More Details? Does it Not? You Obviously Didnt read the instructions.
    Typical Crap I send you some free Packs and you Pull it apart and Pass judgement on things you shoudnt.
    Did you pull Apart Your Istick ? Do you know What type of connection do they use for the OLED to the PCB or the Firing button to the VWC and did the use nickle plating for the firing button and contacts, Whats the Id for Processor Do you know what brand of processor they used was it Samsung Texas Instruments UVG ?
    You would know wouldnt you? does it have an internal memory recovery reset index ? Dual battery system with a split connection 18500 battery what is it 30W 50W has it started Auto Firing yet to the point that theres so much heat your screen is now defective?
    Hmmm?
    Let me know when it stops working. And if they replace it when the Warrenty just runs dry.

Cheers Again

5. Noe

I've done enough reviews over the past 2-3 years to know what I am doing & I have seen/read many more independent reviews than I have written, not that my reviews are not independent, they are.
    I'm sorry you didn't like my review, I'm not sorry I wrote it the way I did, the way readers expect me to write, noting everything I test, reporting everything I discover & being honest.
    I never said I used an Istick, please read & don't skim over my review, I pack a lot of information into my reviews & very little superfluous prattle, if you skim you miss the point, leading to misinterpretations.
    The 45mg/ml I used was in your carto, after it had run dry & on your SubiVapor Battery.
    Yes I fully charged the device before use.
    Taking your carto apart was nothing, in fact all I did was remove a pop out cover, it easily pops back in if I want it to, just like the original Boge cartos did. If you want to see some real voiding of warranty, have a look at my review of this device: http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/kangside-u1000-mini-100w-mod-review.1176/
    I do reviews & expect that my readers want to know how things work, what's inside & what could go wrong. So I take things apart if I see a reason to, warranties do not concern me, knowledge does.

Was there a good reason to take the carto apart?
    Yes there was.
    Do I expect a warranty on a carto at all?
    No I don't, it's a carto, if it fails, like the other 100-200 I have used before I'd throw it out, if it's still good I'll try to refill it, surely there are more people than myself that would do the same, refill the device & continue using it.
    The only reason I can see that you are so upset about my taking apart a carto & letting other people know how to do it, is because you want them to be disposable so you can sell more, rather than refillable, so that you can make more profit, 1ml of juice = $0.20 -$0.40 1 new carto purchased = $2-$3, it is easy to see why you'd be upset at losing profits from reduced carto sales & it explains why you used a proprietary connection threading but that is not of concern to me, as a reviewer it is my duty to be honest in my review & give my honest opinion, that is what I did.

6. RC.

RC. Senior Member

I have seen many reviews over the years where a device has been pulled apart in the quest for knowledge.

It speaks to quality and expectations much more than just a flavour and vapour production appraisal could do

in the two lines that it would take to accomplish that aspect.

Steve Thomas and Noe like this.
  7. emu

emu Banned

'Green Vapers ' are the ones who need thier first impression of vaping to taste good and satisfy there craving for nicotine.

If you want to quit smoking then these small gutless devices are not going to work for you.
    Maybe as a backup in the glove box for emergency purposes.

If you want to use vaping as a quit method steer clear of all the cigalike type devices.
    Rechargeable or disposable, refillable or throw away, they just don't work.

Thanks for the honest review Noe, I don't doubt the quality of the product at all, it could be made by Roll's Royce but all these small types of devices have an inherent failure to satisfy.

Noe, Jennifer, Judith and 1 other person like this.
  8. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

The other problem with cigalikes is they end up being used by smokers in situations where they can't normally smoke. So for a lot of people they just perpetuate smoking, rather than replace it.

Noe, Nico and Laughter and emu like this.
  9. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I believe that Noe and anybody else do vapers a great favour by conducting these reviews. I'm sure it takes a mountain of time and I know I have been helped by watching and reading many of them.

The important thing to consider at all times is if the reviewer is impartial and simply not an off site salesman.
    In regard to Noe I believe 100% that his opinions,recommendations and observations are completely honest and unbiased.
    The cynical could say that any reviewers get free vaping gear out of it but you know what good luck to them because if you calculated the time required and transferred that to the cost of the device or whatever he or she is out of pocket. Couple that with lost home/ family time and even if I was capable ( which I'm not) I wouldn't do it.

Noe is obviously a very capable and knowledgeable person which has been shown time and time again on this and another forum. He has helped many people (myself included) and I for one trust his honesty.

I have lost count of how many reviews I have watched where devices,tanks,coils and just about everything else has been taken apart on camera. This includes cartos.
    Just about any vaper has heard the name P.Busardo and I personally have passed many an hour watching him deconstruct all manner of vaping items.

I'm not trying to attack or defend anyone and these words are simply my two cents worth.
    In other words I'm unbiased.

10. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

I believe that Noe and anybody else do vapers a great favour by conducting these reviews. I'm sure it takes a mountain of time and I know I have been helped by watching and reading many of them.

The important thing to consider at all times is if the reviewer is impartial and simply not an off site salesman.
    In regard to Noe I believe 100% that his opinions,recommendations and observations are completely honest and unbiased.
    The cynical could say that any reviewers get free vaping gear out of it but you know what good luck to them because if you calculated the time required and transferred that to the cost of the device or whatever he or she is out of pocket. Couple that with lost home/ family time and even if I was capable ( which I'm not) I wouldn't do it.

Noe is obviously a very capable and knowledgeable person which has been shown time and time again on this and another forum. He has helped many people (myself included) and I for one trust his honesty.

I have lost count of how many reviews I have watched where devices,tanks,coils and just about everything else has been taken apart on camera. This includes cartos.
    Just about any vaper has heard the name P.Busardo and I personally have passed many an hour watching him deconstruct all manner of vaping items.

I'm not trying to attack or defend anyone and these words are simply my two cents worth.
    In other words I'm unbiased.

Steve Thomas, Noe, margyb and 3 others like this.
  11. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

Well all I can say is he obviously hasn't read any other reviews of your Noe. Its always a risk getting someone to review your products, you may not like what they say. To be honest Noe I felt your review was quite fair, in particular getting your wife to use it for a while. You called it as you saw it. What else did he think you would do.

12. Beau Pracilio

Beau Pracilio Member

I didn't ask for a "Review", I sent it just as a taste and to share a disposable with a friend FFS.That was All.
    It was a test sample pack Not a Pack to be sold Let a Lone Reviewed Thanks.

13. Beau Pracilio

Beau Pracilio Member

Oh really.
    That's Not what the clinical trials say. You guys are gold.
    I'm not interested in this contest any longer, I've heard enough from all the experts in here.

14. Noe

Can you link us to the reports of these clinical trials?
    I'm certain everyone will be interested to read factual data of any studies or clinical trials that you can provide, that we may not already be aware of. :)

Steve Thomas and margyb like this.
  15. margyb

margyb Great Balls of Fire

I would be interested in clinical trials too please :)
    Have been vaping 4 years now

Noe likes this.
  16. Noe

You are correct, you did not ask for a review, however, you were aware that one would be posted prior to sending the products to me.
    Given that you had that prior knowledge & that you sent the products after being armed with it, implies your consent to the review.
    The proof of this can be found in this thread: http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/threads/finally-back-in-oz-to-help-aka-subi-vapor.920/
    Specifically these posts in that thread:
    http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/t...-to-help-aka-subi-vapor.920/page-3#post-22210
    http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/t...-to-help-aka-subi-vapor.920/page-3#post-22651
    http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/t...-to-help-aka-subi-vapor.920/page-4#post-34232
    http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/t...-to-help-aka-subi-vapor.920/page-4#post-34301
    http://www.vapercafeaustralia.com/t...-to-help-aka-subi-vapor.920/page-4#post-42796
    Please don't try to deny knowledge & consent, when the evidence clearly shows otherwise.

If what you sent was sub par product, knowing that a review would be posted, then that is no fault of mine.
    You never once mentioned to me, in our private or public conversations, that the products being sent were not the same as those which you sell, I thus expected that they would be the same as product on shelves available for purchase.
    Knowing that a review was forthcoming, it would have been in your own best interests to send your best version of your product, that you wouldn't do that seems unlikely.
    I can only review what I have in front of me to review & I will always be objective & honest in my reviews, to the best of my ability.

17. Jennifer

Jennifer Pyjama Queen

I did rethink that comment of mine after I posted. I realise there are probably many cigalike users out there who have managed to quit with them. It's likely that people who go looking for forums on vaping are specifically looking for something different, or more statisfying....so our views here are probably a bit detached from those of the general population.

I'm curious Beau, what kind of device do you use? Are you still using cigalikes, or have you moved onto a tank system?

Since you have been in the business for many years you will probably have a good understanding of your customers and their struggles and successes in quitting smoking. Do you find you still have your original customers coming back and buying cigalikes year after a year? Or do you find many of them move on to tank systems?

I guess the goal for many customers would be to use the cigalike to help transition and quit cigarettes, and then give up the cigalike as well. Is that something you have found?

I have read quite a few clinical trials on the efficacy of ecigarettes, the earlier ones using cigalikes alone generally came up with an efficacy rate similar to patches and gums...about 8%. Which is not that successful really.

The later trials done using tank systems came up with better results, slightly higher than traditional NRT products.

There was a recent trial, I could dig it up if you wanted to see it, where the participants used both and the results were that those using tank systems were far more likely to quit than those using cigalikes.

But I would be very keen to see the results of the clinical trials you are referring to, as it sounds like your results must be quite different.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  18. Maria

Maria Senior Member

Read all the thread interesting reading.Thanks for the review Noe.

Noe likes this.
  19. Maria

Maria Senior Member

Forgot I did start on a refillable ecig not disposable I know. For me just did not do what I needed for long on so many level's but other friends like them especially when they go out. They are small ,look good blah blah and like Jen maybe good for newbies just starting to vape I just personally needed the stronger hit and longer battery life because I vape a lot:vape: but everyone's different .Good luck Beau.

Beau Pracilio likes this.
  20. Beau Pracilio

Beau Pracilio Member

Theres 2 variants as options. I've purposely taken down the website because I dont want to deal with any further questions regarding what I'm doing and why I've only been advocating my products and the specific designs. Theres a very good reason as to the path I've taken and it stems back to 2009 when I was told it would never happen here in Oz unless my products were medical devices or approved by the TGA which everyone is well aware of these days. So since 2009 I've been doing a hell of a lot of work to make that happen and ensuring my facility was to the required GMP standards etc for medical devices, Which I was the first possibly in the world to achieve, Yet have had to climb over a mountain of crap because of every other reason as to why vaping products should remain banned here, and ppl have continued to stir as much shit as possible because they feel their being hard done by because they want to do what they want etc... and sell illegal crap or things they really have very little knowledge about other then what they can find online.
    I'm over trying to please everyone and requesting to be part of different groups that have come on the scene as vaping advocates in the last year or two becasue the majority of them seem to love the attention and arent interested in ppl with industry experience that can provide information they lack and the evidence to support their cases to warrant their requests for change.
    You will never get approval when you have know idea about the specific fundamental and technical factors to back up their position on vaping and the devices and everything inbetween.....
    Instead of demanding vaping needs to be legalized and supporting ppl that leverage from their "profession" much like the Activist's S.Champman and Daube who are primary Fund Feeders that only have their interests at heart, people need to be asking the right people the right questions and working together the achieve the most appropriate path forward and start off "Small" just becasue a Profession or Doctor pass their judgement on something doesnt mean their and expert in the field.
    The experts are those that have been fault finding and developing products "Hands on for Years" to ensure the products are safe.
    Anyway thats enough from me.

Thanks