SubTank Mini review

Discussion in 'Beginners' started by Noe, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Judith

Judith Mostly harmless

Noe and Dr Farsalinos agree about not cutting down on nic if there is a risk of vaping more liquid with flavouring in it. http://ecigarette-research.com/web/index.php/research has some research regarding the heart. It is not very technical reading and it might make you feel more comfortable about your nic consumption. Bottom line is that your blood nicotine levels are probably the same as when you were smoking but minus the carbon monoxide which is a plus for the health of you heart. I will believe a cardiologist over a vendor on this subject.

Noe and Gasman like this.
  2. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Yeah I agree with what your saying but I think I have currently settled on 12 mg on subtanks etc and have monitored how much juice I have been using and am sure that it's has actually reduced my nic intake when I do the Maths. I don't consciously limit myself but perhaps I might subconsciously. Mind you I am crap at Maths so don't take my word for it! My logic and the advice I was given may well be flawed and I appreciate the advice. I have yet to try unflavored as that would obviously be the safest but I do enjoy the flavours and the experimentation with mixing etc.

Judith likes this.
  3. Gasman

Gasman Senior Member

Thanks for that I shall have a read of the research. Lucky it's not very technical as Im sure it would loose me. I too would believe a cardiologist over anybody when it's a heart related question so it would appear there goes my theory. Back to the drawing board. Thanks very much for the information etc, again this cements my opinion of forums like this where people can share knowledge and experience.

Broony, Judith and Noe like this.
  4. Noe

Noe Adorably quirky ... QUIRKY Noe! VCA Approved Post Whore

If you want to vape as risk reduced as possible, then yes unflavored is the "flavor" with least risk. However most of us enjoy the different flavors of eliquids & for some (maybe most) vapers, I believe flavors really do help them get off the cancer sticks.
    What ever vape helps you stay off the cancer sticks is better for you than smoking, it's not the nicotine that kills people it's the smoke.

Browny and Judith like this.
  5. Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas Senior Member

I use my subtank most of the time with .5ohm stock coils. They seem to last 3-4 weeks for me at 20watts. The AFC leaks constantly but only a little amount. It is a little annoying. But overall i love this tank. Im not sure if you can get a smaller diameter drip tip for this??? But i personally would like a slightly narrower opening on the top of my drip tip. I like that its easy to fill. Easy to clean. Easy to pull apart. I would recommend one to someone who wants to try a sub tank. 7 out of 10. It loses 3 points for the leaks

6. Browny

Browny Senior Member

If your only using 20W I'd say try the 1.2ohm coil that also came with the tank.
    I use a KST Mini with the 1.2 at 20-21W and middle airway, not a single leak or build up. The 'drip tip' socket is a tiny bit smaller than usual so not as much will fit it but I do have some tips that can fit with a slight wiggle (just tried and I'd say about half of my generic ones, not that I have that many).
    The vertical coils seem to like a little more power but they do produce a different slightly more flavourful vape imo.

My only gripe is they use liquid quicker than usual, I think that's all sub ohm tanks though.
    My orchid holds just over 3ml and yet it lasts me about the same vape time as the 4.5ml in the KST Mini, I guess I'm one of those people who just aren't sub ohm tank friendly.
    For me, it's only used over the Orchid if I need quick fill times or incase of refills while out.

I too would suggest them for some one wanting to try this style of tank, not sure they would be a great start point for new vapers though.

7. Steve Thomas

Steve Thomas Senior Member

Good link. I found it quite informative. Appreciated

Judith likes this.
  8. Nico and Laughter

Nico and Laughter Senior Member

Yeah I think they are pretty good as a new persons tank now that they have the 1.5 ohm vertical coil.